Opening a specific group on startup
I am trying to configure kodi (version 18) to open a specific group on startup, as explained here.
I wrote this in autoexec.py, and kodi opens on All channels.

import xbmc 
xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(TVChannels,pvr://channels/tv/MyGroupName)')
(2020-11-30, 15:16)vip. Wrote: I am trying to configure kodi (version 18) to open a specific group on startup, as explained here.
If you are wanting the EPG screen to open on a specific group from the PVR Home Menu, that's not possible on Kodi 18. I tried doing this myself in the past, but it was not possible. I then submitted a feature request for Kodi 19.
On Kodi 19, the PVR Home Screen has a new widget for all the channel groups that will open the EPG screen for a specific group when selected. 

If you are wanting Kodi to actually display the EPG screen for a specific channel group when it starts up, I'm pretty sure that is not possible either.
I do not want the EPG screen (TVGuide). I want the PVR Home Menu itself (TVChannels) to open on a specific group. But I understand this is not possible on kodi 18.
Maybe with ActivateWindowAndFocus this is possible. I'll try.
thanks
Ah right, keep forgetting that most skins seem to open the TVChannels screen from the PVR Home Menu button. I've configured mine to open the EPG screen instead.
I'm on Kodi 18 at the moment and just tried changing my main menu item to open a specific channel group for that screen, but no luck.
But I'm guessing it would probably work with Kodi 19 though....
Kodi 19 should remember the last channel group used and show that.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2020-12-01, 00:30)phunkyfish Wrote: Kodi 19 should remember the last channel group used and show that.

There we go. It does not remember that. It sometimes opens the last channel group used, sometimes it uses "all channels". 
How to fix that?
(2021-07-25, 14:08)lama0900 Wrote:
(2020-12-01, 00:30)phunkyfish Wrote: Kodi 19 should remember the last channel group used and show that.

There we go. It does not remember that. It sometimes opens the last channel group used, sometimes it uses "all channels". 
How to fix that?

What skin are you using? Can you list the steps where 1) it does work and 2) it doesn’t?
i think, if i remember correctly -  the groups popup box is only 'visible' if your in certain windows - like the tv or radio pvr 
wont show unless in the tv pvr or in the radio pvr window - i think it might be down to the visible's
(2021-07-26, 02:38)udangaribaldi Wrote: i think, if i remember correctly -  the groups popup box is only 'visible' if your in certain windows - like the tv or radio pvr 
wont show unless in the tv pvr or in the radio pvr window - i think it might be down to the visible's

It’s a PVR feature so it’s stands it would only appear on those windows.

Where else are you viewing groups from?
So steps:

1) Just open KODi from Android TV Launcher (Google TV Stick)
2) Go to Live TV
3) opens with all channels group
4) press left and go to e.g. "Favoriten" 
5) choose a channel
6) Go back to main menu
7) click on Exit

Repeat from 1) and you have the all channels group again.

If you just hit the home button and do not close kodi, its working.
But Android closes the app after a certain time and you are left with the all channels list on the next day.

Best
(2021-07-26, 19:45)lama0900 Wrote: So steps:

1) Just open KODi from Android TV Launcher (Google TV Stick)
2) Go to Live TV
3) opens with all channels group
4) press left and go to e.g. "Favoriten" 
5) choose a channel
6) Go back to main menu
7) click on Exit

Repeat from 1) and you have the all channels group again.

If you just hit the home button and do not close kodi, its working.
But Android closes the app after a certain time and you are left with the all channels list on the next day.

Best

I wonder if Android is suspending the app instead of closing it. I guess it’s possible that takes a different path than kodi starting up and shutting down.

I don’t have Android but if I select a group, then shutdown kodi and start it up again I always see the last opened group.

Can you try exiting kodi instead of letting Android close it and then start it up and see if it remembers the group?
If I shutdown Kodi from the menu via "Exit" then it happens like that.
What I've seen: the EPG also gets not saved when shutting down Kodi from the Menu.
Can I somehow debug that behaviour?
What exactly do you mean with "EPG gets not saved"?
Cannot reproduce. Works like it should in Kodi 19 (remembers the last opened group). I tested on Android and macOS. On Android I even killed Kodi, simulating "after some time Android closes Kodi".
Made a video with this behaviour for Kodi 19.1: 
https://youtu.be/wUOHZ8wsvo8

... eww. a little bit cut, but it started again with the "all channels" group after exit. 
It every time does it like that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Opening a specific group on startup0