No passthrough after latest FireOS Update 6.2.7.7
Yesterday my FireTV 4K updated to FireOS 6.2.7.7

I just noticed that audio passthrough is gone in Kodi 18.9. Anyone else have this problem?
Yes, I'm having the same exact problem all passthrough audio stop working on kodi 18.9 since the FireOS Update 6.2.7.7 (NS6277/3025) on my Onkyo receiver. Hope someone finds a workaround soon, still trying stuff myself...
See this thread : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336151&page=89 for more info
(2020-12-05, 01:21)krugz101 Wrote: See this thread : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336151&page=89 for more info

Thanks for your Info. To summarize: With the latest Matrix 19.0 Beta and AudioTrack(IEC), Kodi IEC packer as the passthrough outpout device Dolby Digital still works but unfortunately no more DTS

I hope someone finds a fix for that.
(2020-12-05, 01:56)misterboo Wrote:
(2020-12-05, 01:21)krugz101 Wrote: See this thread : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336151&page=89 for more info

Thanks for your Info. To summarize: With the latest Matrix 19.0 Beta and AudioTrack(IEC), Kodi IEC packer as the passthrough outpout device Dolby Digital still works but unfortunately no more DTS

I hope someone finds a fix for that.
https://exoplayer.dev/supported-formats.html

As we can see, DTS is still working well on Exoplayer-based Android media players.

I think we may have to start looking into using Exoplayer as Kodi's backend for Android as this thread has suggested, as most commercial Android players have done.
(2020-12-03, 20:31)misterboo Wrote: Yesterday my FireTV 4K updated to FireOS 6.2.7.7

I just noticed that audio passthrough is gone in Kodi 18.9. Anyone else have this problem?

same problem on my firetv 4k 6.2.7.7 and kodi 18.9
apparently it caused by firetv latest release. hoping amazon working on it.
(2020-12-03, 20:31)misterboo Wrote: This is due to an update of the FireStick from Amazon. I was able to fix this by doing the following, unfortunately you cannot keep your existing build. 
Uninstall Kodi. Then download this version of Kodi apk,  kodi-20201031-3dfcc21e-aftv4k-armeabi-v7a.apk from the site http://ftp.igh.cnrs.fr/pub/xbmc/xbmc/tes...droid/arm/
This is a special build of Kodi 18.9 for FireStick.
After installing, go to System->Audio (in Expert Mode) and change the settings as below:
Audio Passthrough: Enable
Passthrough Output Device: AudioTrack(RAW) .... This is the important bit.
Dolby Digital (AC3) capable receiver: Enable
Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) Transcoding: Enable
Dolby Digital Plus (E-AC3) capable receiver: Enable
Leave all the rest of Audio settings to DEFAULT

That's it. Now you will get DD+ in yout AV receiver and also ATMOS from Netflix if you have Premium subscription.
(2020-12-03, 20:31)misterboo Wrote: Yesterday my FireTV 4K updated to FireOS 6.2.7.7

This is due to an update of the FireStick from Amazon. I was able to fix this by doing the following, unfortunately you cannot keep your existing build. 
Uninstall Kodi. Then download this version of Kodi apk,  kodi-20201031-3dfcc21e-aftv4k-armeabi-v7a.apk from the site http://ftp.igh.cnrs.fr/pub/xbmc/xbmc/tes...droid/arm/
After installing, go to System->Audio (in Expert Mode) and change the settings as below:

That's it. Now you will get DD+ in yout AV receiver and also ATMOS from Netflix if you have Premium subscription.
(2020-12-10, 07:33)DipSur Wrote:

This is due to an update of the FireStick from Amazon. I was able to fix this by doing the following, unfortunately you cannot keep your existing build. 

whats the difference between this special build and the normal ones? i thought its caused of the amazon update for firetv stick and nothing that is upto kodi and their builds?
this was driving me crazy yesterday, was watching Tenet and DTS was passing thru to my soundbar great then later on in the evening silence.  I woke up this morning trying different builds and all with the same results, that's when I realized the issue must be related to the fire stick.  thinking it will take time for team kodi to figure out what broke and create a work-around otherwise I'm going to have to jump ship and join the nvidia bandwagon
no audio track was being passed to my vizio soundbar not DD (ac3) not DTS  and not DTS-HD which recently I was just able to pass with matrix beta even though my old soundbar can't utilize all the channels it seems to pick out just the regular old DTS portion of the track and played it just fine.  model - VIZIO SB3851-D0 SMARTCAST 38"
my TV is able to send passthrough via ARC using the built in apps and also the TV tuner.  The fire stick native apps can pass through their audio codecs just fine, just nothing from kodi
Is there a Kodi Version that still works with Passthrough and fireTV Stick? whats about the mentioned version from DipSur?
(2020-12-13, 13:28)d0zer Wrote: Is there a Kodi Version that still works with Passthrough and fireTV Stick? whats about the mentioned version from DipSur?

I can get DD 5.1 to passthrough to my soundbar from the 4k fire stick on the 6277 software version using the alternate device setting AudioTrack RAW, Android IEC Packer.
this will make AC3 audio show up as Dolby Digital 5.1 on my vizio smartcast app but make everything else show up as stereo.  Prior to the update my soundbar was getting DTS passthrough and even DTS-HD was passing through and being downgraded to regular DTS by my soundbar

I really hope something makes its way through the pipe for a fix because the 4K fire stick was, for me, the best option for the money to get decent quality 2160p files streaming from my server with full surround sound decoding passthrough and zero lag.  I tried the emulate this setup with kodi app on my sony x950g and its passing through surround sound just fine but the video has delay and the sound gets choppy so this is not a solution I am going to pursue anymore.  really don't want to drop $200 on a shield pro but I will have no choice I feel
Seems they plain removed support for IEC format, or better said: Enumerate it, but then break it - no idea if by intention or not.

These settings should work:

Choose: Audiotrack (RAW Packer) as your passthrough device
Speakers 2.0 (this is highly important)
Enable Dolby Transcoding
Enable AC3 and E-AC3
_keep everything else_ disabled.

Edit: The above device is only available in v19 version or in (now deprecated as all was merged) fritschfiretv versions.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
got it, sorry to be a bother in multiple threads.  If I get a new soundbar that has support for True HD/Atmos and DTS-HD master audio I will need to replace this fire stick with a device that can reliably send these audio streams direct without transcoding

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No passthrough after latest FireOS Update 6.2.7.70
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.