Inputstream on Retropie - howto install newer version than 2.4.4?
Although there is a version 18.9 for raspbian already, it seems that retropie only supports 18.7 for the time being. And if I install kodi-inputstream-adaptive via commandline I get v2.4.4.

The problem i face is, that I need a minimum of v2.4.5 to run disney+.

Is there a way to install a newer version?

I already tried to use an alternative repository http://www.deb-multimedia.org/ but when I install inputstream from there, I get a newer kodi installed, which won't start due to 'Unable to create GUI.Exiting'.
So I tried just downloading inputstream from that repository forcing the installation with dpkg, but then the result is a black video stream.
inputstream.adaptive being a binary addon heavily relies on the version of inputstream api present in kodi itself. So you cannot run IA 2.4.5 on 18.7 as the api is old on that kodi version
Kodi 21RC2 Windows 10 and 11 | 21RC2 Xbox One X | 21RC2 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
(2020-12-12, 02:01)gujal Wrote: inputstream.adaptive being a binary addon heavily relies on the version of inputstream api present in kodi itself. So you cannot run IA 2.4.5 on 18.7 as the api is old on that kodi version

I have a Libraelec version based on Kodi 18.7 with Inputstrem 2.4.6. This might be an issue with retropie.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Inputstream on Retropie - howto install newer version than 2.4.4?0