Is there a way of preventing TMM from overwriting previously downloaded image art?
I'm getting new versions of a bunch of movie files (going from 720p to 1080p or 4K) so I want TMM to write new NFOs for the new movie files but I want to keep the existing covers, posters, etc. I already have. Is there a way to prevent TMM from overwriting the art files I already have. I'm aware I can just untick poster, banner, etc. in the scraper options but was wondering if there was a one click solution. I'm still getting entirely new movies so if there's a simple way to easily switch between getting all the art and not getting none of it then I would really like to know. Thanks for any help.
you could UNSELECT all types of artwork at the initial scrape (so only metadata is being fetched) and run "download missing artwork for selected movie(s)" afterwards (this will just download missing artwork)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Hi BytheBay,

I also got ideas on this topic due to some difficulties in the past Wink.

Possible improvement options could be on TMM site:
- Add a new setting in the menue so the user can choose that the scrappers never overrite manuelly added/changed artwork.
- Addd a new status-flag to block any automatic edit of some values for any series/movie element.

Thanks for your great work and perhaps you can use these friendly hints for something Smile
Have a chilled pre-christmas time Smile
premium.cola (R.)
(2020-12-07, 13:07)mlaggner Wrote: you could UNSELECT all types of artwork at the initial scrape (so only metadata is being fetched) and run "download missing artwork for selected movie(s)" afterwards (this will just download missing artwork)
That's a good idea.  Thanks for the suggestion.
Other option is to deselect "automatically download artwork" in the settings config and then after you update your library source and scrape the movies, just press cancel as it moves through each of the art type selections eg. poster, fanart, banner, clearlogo etc then it doesn't download anything.

Deselecting artwork types at initial scrape means you have to remember to restore them when you do want artwork downloaded for your next scrape.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way of preventing TMM from overwriting previously downloaded image art?0