Music Playlist Bug
In advancedsettings.xml I have <playlistsasfolder>false</playlistasfolder> so that when I select a music playlist, it goes straight to playing.  As of upgrading to Leia 18.5 x64, when playing the playlists, the visualization has no artist data, just a thumb of my playlist.  If I remove the advancedsetting's entry and select the playlist/play, it works as intended.

EDIT: I've also found that when I use a mapped key, such as <z>PlayMedia(C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\portable_data\userdata\playlists\music\80's.m3u)</z> , to play a mixed playlist of videos and music, it now only plays the videos and ignores the music.  When I play music-only playlists using a keymap, it plays fine and the visualization works as intended.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
thread moved to music
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for reporting this @curtis-r , can you say what version of Kodi you were using previously? It will help with locating which changes introduced this behaviour.
OK, I think I see what is happening here and it starts from Kodi 18.0

A .m3u file could contain both music or video entires, hence when Kodi does an "is it a video" check on the item it passes. Therefore the context menu shows 2 "Play" entries, the top one comes from the newer context menu item manager and starts play as if it was a video, the lower one is music library window specific (from the older code). I think having <playlistsasfolder> false causes the first Play action to be performed. This queues and starts playback of  the items of the .mu3 correctly, but does not do all the music lib specific processing that fetches artist art etc. that the lower Play action does.

Sadly playing something is implemented in so many different ways, it is spaghetti that needs to be untangled but that is not simple. So fragile, fixing one thing causes another to break. I will try to see if I can do something for v18, but really what is needed is a much bigger refactoring of the whole play this logic (not the playing itself, the player is just great, but the many routes to that consolidating into one).
As you figured out, it was working in Krypton 17.6.  Indeed it's a can of worms, but hopefully it's not too difficult to fix.  For now, I'll go back to 17.6.  Thanks
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
I haven't been in the habit of experimenting with dailies in years, but if I so-choose, is there an easy way to tell if this issue has been resolved?  BTW, where are the dailies these days?
You are well too optimistic about timescales for a fix - just not enough free time or active developers. When I have PR up with a fix (and I'm your most likely chance of someone to look at this) I will post here and you can then follow the progress of that PR on github (and hopefully help out by doing some testing too). Note fixes don't get merged until they have been reviewed and tested.

The nightlies - regular test builds of changes that have been accepted and merged -  are found here https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/
Don't mean to be a pest, but has there been any progress on fixing this bug?  Thanks.
Sorry, no but this thread has been open in my browser for weeks. I will get to it soon as I can.
(2020-03-15, 13:30)DaveBlake Wrote: Sorry, no but this thread has been open in my browser for weeks. I will get to it soon as I can.

Thank you.
@Dave, not sure if you've had any time to work on this bug, but I just tried nightly KodiSetup-20200616-1bcc91bb-Leia-x64 and still no artist info is parsed to the screensaver when playing a playlist.  It just shows the playlist thumbnail.  Thanks.
I’m playing m3u playlists with tagged/scanned music files and I get the album art showing when navigating in Kodi fore each song which are from scanned albums. I tried a couple of different skin views and it works as I’d expect. The artist slideshow shows the correct artist fan art and disc image is correct, I’m using Aeon Nox Silvo skin.

Edit: Kodi 18.7
Be nice for things to fix themselves.... but that doesn't happen.

@HomerJau I think you falied to reproduce this issue because you didn't use the unwanted extra "Play" context menu item when viewing a list of playlists.
(2020-06-29, 10:53)DaveBlake Wrote: Be nice for things to fix themselves.... but that doesn't happen.

@HomerJau I think you falied to reproduce this issue because you didn't use the unwanted extra "Play" context menu item when viewing a list of playlists.

You are right Dave (as usual!). I don’t know what that option is. I’ll look it up. But I guess if I don’t know about it I don’t need it. My normal use is via an iPad app.
@DaveBlake I hope I didn't come across negatively.  I appreciate your immense Kodi contributions.  Wish I had the coding skills to fix this issue myself. 

BTW, I don't understand how one can play a m3u playlist where things work properly, like @HomerJau mentions.  I have the advancedsettings.xml entry <playlistasfolders>false</playlistasfolders> and select playlists in the Playlists folder, or use the keymap PlayMedia command with the path to my playlist.  Is there a workaround?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Playlist Bug0