Music Playlist Bug
@DaveBlake thanks for the info.  Indeed the videos are almost all *.mp4 but just tested mixed playlist with mp3, flac, mkv, mp4, avi, and the video issue is the same for all 3 video formats.  Tried with the .avi encountered first after mp3, and after mp4.  Didn't make a difference.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
Thanks @curtis-r I thought I was onto something with mp4, but not.
So now looking in yet another part of the code. For me .avi always behave and darned if I can see why (yet) or why not for you. Keep a look out in case I get somewhere Smile

Edit:
Try with "Enable tag reading in file view" disabled (in settings>media>music)
(2020-11-30, 16:41)DaveBlake Wrote: Edit:
Try with "Enable tag reading in file view" disabled (in settings>media>music)

Same result.  Sorry.
Win10x64 Pro. Intel Core2Duo E8500 3.26GHz on Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L. 4GB DDR2 1066MHz RAM. Nvidia GT240 512MB PCIx16. Multiple displays, including Sony VPL-XW5000ES 4k projector + 100" Da-Lite Cinema screen.
OK @curtis-r done a lot more digging and hair tearing, I think I have a solution. But proof is in the testing, so could you try this Win64 test build  http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...02-x64.exe

Had enough false leads and dead ends, I'm hopeful for this.
Tested Win7x64 by launching my mixed playlist via the 3 methods, and YOU ARE A GENIUS!  Worked perfectly in every benchmark!  Thank you so much!!!  I can finally upgrade past Krypton.

EDIT: Sorry to stray off topic, but I also just realized that my advancedsettings.xml following code doesn't work.  Music defaults to random and repeat as off.  If I remove the code, the settings still don't stick after closing & reopening.  Should I make this a separate thread somewhere?  I don't see these commands in the wiki.  Though it appears they were removed, I wonder why the setting doesn't stick after closing.
Code:
    <mymusic>
        <playlist>
            <repeat>true</repeat>
            <shuffle>true</shuffle>
        </playlist>
    </mymusic>
Thanks for the positive feedback @curtis-r, the fix will get into a v19 nightly sometime very soon (but is not in yet or in the imminent Beta2 release, I need to do a little more testing to ensure it doesn't break something else)
(2020-12-06, 00:25)curtis-r Wrote: EDIT: Sorry to stray off topic, but I also just realized that my advancedsettings.xml following code doesn't work.  Music defaults to random and repeat as off.  If I remove the code, the settings still don't stick after closing & reopening.  Should I make this a separate thread somewhere?  I don't see these commands in the wiki.  Though it appears they were removed, I wonder why the setting doesn't stick after closing.
Code:
    <mymusic>
        <playlist>
            <repeat>true</repeat>
            <shuffle>true</shuffle>
        </playlist>
    </mymusic>
No, I don't think anything like that ever worked or was ever intended to (even if wiki listed them). At least I went back as far as v15.2 and the current playlist shuffle/repeat were not picked up from advancedsettings.xml at all. Generally yes system settings can be set in advancedsettings.xml and then hidden from the system settings screens, but shuffle/repeat are a little different in how and where they are applied (set on the sideblade when on the current music playlist).

However I did notice that upto and including v18.9, the previous session current playlist shuffle/repeat settings were reapplied on restarting Kodi, but in v19 they are not. So another regression has crept in to the party without an invite, I'll take a look. Let's hope this is more obvious than the last issue, well at least it is more recent.

If this looks like it could become long protracted I'll probably split it into a new thread
@curtis-r I have managed to locate and fix the regression that was stopping current playlist shuffle and repeat settings from being preserved between sessions of running Kodi.  Test build coming soon.

EDIT: here we are Win64 test build http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...01-x64.exe

That includes the recent mixed playlist playback fix (swapping between full screen for video and viz/OSD for music) too.

But remember, no setting of shuffle/repeat via advancedsettings.xml you have to do it via sideblade UI the first time and then Kodi remembers for every playlist and between sessions

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Playlist Bug0