• 3(current)
Release Telia Play/TV video addon
Hi, appreciate the work!
Is this error a known issue ?
Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'> Error Contents: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='po4.webtv.telia.com', port=8090): Max retries exceeded with url: /out/vod/v1/tv3_DAI/vod_2239429/u/34234901-03dd-4472-879d-e1924adda0dc_dash.mpd?ssl=true&time=1610034725128&token=f23c3e9c1045e29b4499c0775acafa5d&expires=1610045524&c=3330205698&d=DASHJS_d647b54c-0b3e-449e-930e-8d6473b5c25e (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, u'[SSL: DH_KEY_TOO_SMALL] dh key too small (_ssl.c:727)'),))

I believe I am authenticated since I receive 200 in the log
(2021-01-07, 18:36)SAMJON Wrote: Hi, appreciate the work!
Error Type: <class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'> Error Contents: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='po4.webtv.telia.com', port=8090): Max retries exceeded with url: /out/vod/v1/tv3_DAI/vod_2239429/u/34234901-03dd-4472-879d-e1924adda0dc_dash.mpd?ssl=true&time=1610034725128&token=f23c3e9c1045e29b4499c0775acafa5d&expires=1610045524&c=3330205698&d=DASHJS_d647b54c-0b3e-449e-930e-8d6473b5c25e (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, u'[SSL: DH_KEY_TOO_SMALL] dh key too small (_ssl.c:727)'),))

Hi, thanks for testing and reporting back!
I haven't seen this error before, and searching a bit suggests that it might be related to the SSL library on your system having to high requirements for the connection to the servers.
I'll try to investigate a bit more....
Hello

Excellent work!! Big thanks!
Unfortunately having some issues getting it to run correctly and appreciate input on what might be wrong.
Everything installs correctly (as per instruction in this thread), however running the plugin fails with the error in the below pastebin.

Pastebin here

Many thanks for the support!
(2021-01-10, 05:05)clamar Wrote: Hello

Excellent work!! Big thanks!
Unfortunately having some issues getting it to run correctly and appreciate input on what might be wrong.
Everything installs correctly (as per instruction in this thread), however running the plugin fails with the error in the below pastebin.

Pastebin here

Many thanks for the support!
I don't think I have seen this error before, but I'm unsure because the log doesn't contain much info. Would it be possible to post the full log including http-trafix dump? You are of course free to strip tokens etc Smile
Hi,

The addon works very well, thanks again for providing this, good work really appreciate it.
I just wonder if you planning any further development of the addon? A search function would be a welcome addition, and also episode thumbs if possible.

Cheers
Marcus
(2021-02-06, 23:52)macardi Wrote: Hi,

The addon works very well, thanks again for providing this, good work really appreciate it.
I just wonder if you planning any further development of the addon? A search function would be a welcome addition, and also episode thumbs if possible.

Cheers
Marcus
Hi Marcus, I know things have been quiet around this for a while - been busy and since most things work I haven't really felt a great need to do more...
But I've just managed to get search working, so will make a new release soon, hopefully within a few days. Smile
Regarding thumbnails, the addon actually does fetch individual thumbnails for each episode, but it seems that most episodes shares the same thumbnail, at least on the danish website. I can see that the android app does have different thumbnails for episodes, but I don't know where those come from...
(2021-02-09, 23:13)tgc-dk Wrote:
(2021-02-06, 23:52)macardi Wrote: Hi,

Cheers
Marcus
Hi Marcus, I know things have been quiet around this for a while - been busy and since most things work I haven't really felt a great need to do more...
But I've just managed to get search working, so will make a new release soon, hopefully within a few days. Smile
Regarding thumbnails, the addon actually does fetch individual thumbnails for each episode, but it seems that most episodes shares the same thumbnail, at least on the danish website. I can see that the android app does have different thumbnails for episodes, but I don't know where those come from...
Hi, 
Big thanks for implementing the search function!
I noticed the same regarding the episode thumbnails, the Swedish website shows no thumbnail for episodes at all, but in the Iphone app there are thumbnails for each episode. I guess I have to live without it. Thanks for looking into it. 
/Marcus
Version 0.3.0 has just been released! Big Grin

This version brings:
  • Support for search.
  • Support for starting live programs from the beginning if enabled in settings and available.
Get it by adding the teliatv repository to your kodi instance: https://tgc-dk.gitlab.io/kodi-repo-for-p...-1.0.0.zip And then install the Telia TV/Play plugin from within kodi.
Or download the plugin from the release list: https://gitlab.com/tgc-dk/plugin.video.t...-/releases (make sure you download the kodi-plugin-package - the source code zip is not installable)
(2021-01-09, 00:56)tgc-dk Wrote:
(2021-01-07, 18:36)SAMJON Wrote: Hi, appreciate the work!

Hi, thanks for testing and reporting back!
I haven't seen this error before, and searching a bit suggests that it might be related to the SSL library on your system having to high requirements for the connection to the servers.
I'll try to investigate a bit more....

I might be a bit late but I'd just like to pop in and say that you're right on the money here, tgc-dk. OpenSSL and the like usually do not accept poor strength DH keys by default because of the Logjam vulnerability.
For anyone running into the same issue: While we wait for Telia to implement proper DH keys (fat chance) a quick solution is to lower the required security level. Given that you're running Linux + OpenSSL (standard combo) you should only need to edit /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf, go to the bottom and change the CipherString seclevel from '2' to '1' and reboot. Worked for me at least. Do note that you'll potentially open yourself up to MITM attacks, however unlikely.
Also, I'd like to say thanks for an excellent plugin! It's the only way I've gotten Telia Play to work on RPi since the web service seems to hate ARM or something, dunno why but it just refuses to function regardless of distro/browser. Works fine on my other Linux machines. Anyway, great to see the plugin updated and thanks again! Hope to see more!
(2021-02-13, 01:21)Slemskivling Wrote: Also, I'd like to say thanks for an excellent plugin! It's the only way I've gotten Telia Play to work on RPi since the web service seems to hate ARM or something, dunno why but it just refuses to function regardless of distro/browser. Works fine on my other Linux machines. Anyway, great to see the plugin updated and thanks again! Hope to see more!
You're welcome! I've been a user of open source software for many years, so being able to "give something back" that it is useful to others is great! Smile

You mention you hope to see more, which features would you like to see in future releases? I won't promise I'll implement feature requests, but I can have a look Smile
(2021-02-13, 21:57)tgc-dk Wrote:
(2021-02-13, 01:21)Slemskivling Wrote: Also, I'd like to say thanks for an excellent plugin! It's the only way I've gotten Telia Play to work on RPi since the web service seems to hate ARM or something, dunno why but it just refuses to function regardless of distro/browser. Works fine on my other Linux machines. Anyway, great to see the plugin updated and thanks again! Hope to see more!
You're welcome! I've been a user of open source software for many years, so being able to "give something back" that it is useful to others is great! Smile

You mention you hope to see more, which features would you like to see in future releases? I won't promise I'll implement feature requests, but I can have a look Smile
I'm a complete Kodi newcomer so I'm not sure how feasible it is, but having a proper EPG inside the plugin would be pretty swell. Right now I've been checking the EPG either by jumping between menus or via the Smartphone app. Perhaps just printing the upcoming program right next to the current one could work? If you think it's doable in some way then that'd be fantastic! Smile
(2021-02-14, 03:17)Slemskivling Wrote: I'm a complete Kodi newcomer so I'm not sure how feasible it is, but having a proper EPG inside the plugin would be pretty swell. Right now I've been checking the EPG either by jumping between menus or via the Smartphone app. Perhaps just printing the upcoming program right next to the current one could work? If you think it's doable in some way then that'd be fantastic!
So what you would really like is a fullblown EPG, right?
And that got me thinking... Kodi already supports this through PVR and addons like PVR IPTV Simple Client. And it seems it might be possible to feed data from the Telia TV/Play addon into that one, which would provide an EPG and many other features, with a fairly small effort. So I'm gonna look into this - stay tuned Wink
(2021-02-15, 00:23)tgc-dk Wrote:
(2021-02-14, 03:17)Slemskivling Wrote: I'm a complete Kodi newcomer so I'm not sure how feasible it is, but having a proper EPG inside the plugin would be pretty swell. Right now I've been checking the EPG either by jumping between menus or via the Smartphone app. Perhaps just printing the upcoming program right next to the current one could work? If you think it's doable in some way then that'd be fantastic!
So what you would really like is a fullblown EPG, right?
And that got me thinking... Kodi already supports this through PVR and addons like PVR IPTV Simple Client. And it seems it might be possible to feed data from the Telia TV/Play addon into that one, which would provide an EPG and many other features, with a fairly small effort. So I'm gonna look into this - stay tuned Wink
Yeah, I saw that plugin before and it fits the bill exactly, if it's an easy job integrating it (or something similar) that'd be perfect. Actually, if you implement a real EPG there's basically nothing else I could ask for since I cannot use PPV/VOD on my account for... certain reasons. Smile
Hi again!

Now when Matrix is official released, do you have any plans to make the addon compatible with Matrix/Phyton3?

/Marcus
(2021-02-22, 11:31)macardi Wrote: Hi again!

Now when Matrix is official released, do you have any plans to make the addon compatible with Matrix/Phyton3?

/Marcus
Yes, that is my plan. I hope it won't be too much work, and I plan to support both python2 and 3 to keep the add-on working on kodi 18 for now.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Telia Play/TV video addon0