Redbox Launches Free On Demand Streaming Service
Redbox Launches Free On Demand Streaming Service
Jess Barnes Cordcutter News Dec 08, 2020

Redbox announced today the launch of Redbox Free On Demand. With the new service, viewers can watch hundreds of free, ad-supported, on-demand titles, with more titles added weekly.

Free On Demand is available on Roku, iOS, Android mobile and TVs, and Vizio. More devices including LG, Xbox, Samsung and Chromecast will be added soon.

“Today’s audiences are fueling an unprecedented demand for premium quality on-demand content that is free with advertising. We expect to see continued growth in AVOD, making Free on Demand a significant addition to our free streaming platform,” said Chris Yates, General Manager, Redbox On Demand.

Redbox launched Free Live TV earlier this year. The free streaming service now has 89 channels of news, entertainment, and lifestyle content. Channels on the live service include Cheddar, Tastemade, Vevo, Conde Nast’s Vogue, GQ, Bon Appetit, Vanity Fair, and Glamour, Pac-12 Insider, Shout Factory, Mystery Science Theater 3000, FilmRise, Bloomberg TV, Reelz. Wired, Complex, The Design Network, Funny or Die and more.

“With the launch of Free on Demand coupled with the growth of Free Live TV, Redbox is building an ecosystem with unparalleled entertainment choices,” added Jason Kwong, Redbox Chief Strategy and Digital Officer. “Whether customers want new releases at the Kiosk and On Demand or classic and fan-favorite movies and television available to stream for free, Redbox is the go-to destination for great entertainment."
Redbox Free Live TV Reaches 100 Channels
Jess Barnes cordcuttersnews.com July 12 2021

Redbox is expanding its free streaming lineup which includes Free TV and Free On Demand. With the new additions to the streaming service, Redbox Free Live TV will offer 100 channels.

Highlights of the Free Live TV lineup include Crackle, Popcornflix, Tastemade, Unsolved Mysteries, Cheddar News, Divorce Court, Pac-12 Network, and more.

The Free On Demand service from Redbox has added content from Shout! Factory, Legendary Television, Magnolia Pictures, and Relativity Media.

“We know audiences are hungry for entertainment, and we’ve seen steady growth across Free Live TV and Free On Demand since they were launched in 2020,” said Jason Kwong, Chief Strategy and Digital Officer, Redbox. “Redbox is building a home for audiences looking for the widest possible selection of entertainment at every price point, including free.”  

The company announced in May that it has entered into a definitive agreement to combine with Seaport Global Acquisition Corp., a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company, and will become a publicly traded company.

Redbox Free Live TV is available to stream on Redbox.com, Roku, iOS and Android devices, Android TV, Vizio Smart TVs, LG TVs, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Samsung, and Chromecast. Redbox Free On Demand is available on Redbox.com, Roku, Vizio, LG, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, iOS and Android, & with more devices coming soon.
@barney63

Is this a legitimate service? I have tried to get to their site, but the site is dead.... https://www.redbox.com/
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes it is a legit service.  Below is a stream i am presently using in Kodi that is branded Redbox (from Xumo?), it doesn't want to open in VLC though.

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-logo="https://github.com/geonsey/Free2ViewTV/blob/master/images/logos/Redbox_512x512.png?raw=true" group-title="Food",America's Test Kitchen
https://dai2.xumo.com/xumocdn/p=redbox&d...ylist.m3u8

This one will open in VLC
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-logo="https://od.lk/s/MF8yMzE5OTIyMjBf/Redbox_512x512.png" group-title="NEW | Redbox Free Live TV",Redbox TV | Redbox 1 https://spotlight-redbox.amagi.tv/playlist.m3u8

Georges from Free2ViewTV has a pile of Redbox streams available here just search the word Redbox
RedBox App Adds New Free Live and On-Demand Content on Samsung Smart TVs
Tmera Hepburn cordcutternews.com August 5, 2021

The RedBox app on Samsung Smart TVs lets users browse new release movies to buy or rent, and has now launched Free Live TV and Free, On-Demand, allowing audiences access to thousands of hours of free content. Redbox Free Live TV and Free On Demand are available on all 2016-2021 Samsung TV models.

Redbox Free Live TV has over 100 linear channels featuring a wide range of content offering movies, television, news, sports, and lifestyle programming. Some of the most popular Free Live TV channels include Crackle, Popcornflix, Tastemade, Unsolved Mysteries, Cheddar News, Divorce Court, and Pac-12 Network.

Redbox Free On Demand features thousands of hours of movies and television from leading studios and content creators, including Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, Shout! Factory, Legendary Television, Magnolia Pictures, and Relativity Media are available to watch anytime.

“Customers turn to Redbox for great entertainment, and we’re laser-focused on delivering the widest choice in entertainment on the platforms and devices they watch,” said Chris Yates, General Manager, Redbox On Demand. “Samsung has been a tremendous partner of Redbox since we launched our digital services, and we’re thrilled we can bring our growing catalog of free content to Samsung Smart TV owners.”
Redbox Adds 20+ Free Streaming Channels Including Local News, AFV, Baby Shark, and More
Tmera Hepburn cordcuttersnews.com October 18, 2021

In a historic move for the streaming service, Redbox has added more than 20 new FAST channels to its lineup, including 10 Cox Media Group-owned local news channels, Kids’ Programming, Spanish Language, and more. The company also signed a deal with Yahoo! Finance to begin offering their streaming business news channel. 
“This is the largest increase of new, free streaming channels in Redbox’s history,” said Chris Yates, General Manager, Redbox On Demand. “From local news to some of the best kids shows, there is even more programming for everyone to enjoy. We’re excited to see these channels go live soon.”

@barney63

Please stop simply copying and pasting news from elsewhere, it comes across as spammy and that you might advertising for either Redbox or Cordcutters or somehow affiliated with either of them. For now we will put this down to simply your enthusiasm to see a addon for this service, however in future if you have something to say then use your own words.
(2021-10-20, 10:54)jjd-uk Wrote: @barney63

Please stop simply copying and pasting news from elsewhere, it comes across as spammy and that you might advertising for either Redbox or Cordcutters or somehow affiliated with either of them. For now we will put this down to simply your enthusiasm to see a addon for this service, however in future if you have something to say then use your own words.
Well it's not spamming and I don't represent anybody as anyone could easily surmise looking at my posts in other threads.  It's news and information for people here and why the hell would I paraphrase something when you can see the actual creator's content and it's attributed to them and nobody is stealing their work pretending it's theirs.
(2021-10-21, 06:51)barney63 Wrote: Well it's not spamming and I don't represent anybody.
Ok, understand.

(2021-10-21, 06:51)barney63 Wrote: 's news and information for people here
We are not that kind of forum. There are no other news/announcement articles on this forum except for the ones entirely Kodi related. We are not a news site.
I don't think users head to the Kodi forum first to catch up on the latest news and information in the general media world. There are much better sites for that.

Please don't continue to post general news articles here. If a developer wants to take on the task of creating an add-on, s/he will see this thread and do so.

Thanks.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-21, 07:00)Karellen Wrote: We are not that kind of forum. There are no other news/announcement articles on this forum except for the ones entirely Kodi related. We are not a news site.
I don't think users head to the Kodi forum first to catch up on the latest news and information in the general media world. There are much better sites for that.
I get that, but I'm am posting that information to hopefully make it more attractive for a developer to develop or for end users to discover.   I'm not solely doing it to post news.

Sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get an answer here but mod reprimands are instantaneous.  I posted in the video addon forum about an outdated addon, all it would take would be a simple 5 second yes/no response or acknowledgement.  But we are left bumping threads and have to keep posting until someone gets pissed off and tired of seeing it and responds, or you get a mod reprimand.  I get people are busy, we're all busy and I get this is volunteer but a little courtesy in answering very simple questions would go a long way.
(2021-10-21, 07:14)barney63 Wrote: I posted in the video addon forum about an outdated addon, all it would take would be a simple 5 second yes/no response or acknowledgement.
Yes, I don't disagree with you there. But most of the add-on section is third party developers, not Team Kodi. The forum team can only get involved with addons they actually use themselves and are familiar with.
Ask me about the Netflix addon, or the YouTube addon, and I don't have a clue. Ask me about LightIMDB or scrapers, and I'm all over it.
The forum team can help with Kodi core, but addon support is left to the addon developers and their followers.
And if a 3rd party addon developer decides he has had enough and now has other things to do, there is absolutely nothing we can do about that. And in the same fashion, we cannot force anyone (3rd party or team) to create an addon. It is all voluntary.
The Kodi development is so undermanned that it is not even a possibility for Team Kodi to take it on. But this is meant to be a community supported project, unfortunately the community does not always want to support. Most of the community are takers, but not givers, same as with most voluntary projects Sad
My Signature
Thanks man, you're all right.  And my addon post wasn't directed at the Kodi team. 

Now, I'll take on your last paragraph Smile  I want to be a giver not a taker, I don't like relying on other people and having to beg for help and I think there are others like me

The best thing this site could foster would be a thread that taught people how to be a developer step by step, by creating a real addon from scratch  It would take a fair amount of work but I think it would pay back to this site ten fold.  I did study programming 30 years ago and am clueless now but with some instruction could probably follow along and learn to be a developer.

I know there are some who will say go to some website and figure it out yourself (perhaps like they had to do)  Well I didn't have any help figuring out Kodi but I was more than willing to impart what little I knew on to someone else.  It took me a long time to figure things out, when it could have been done much quicker.

Also, I taught communications for a term and taught people how to create resumes for their graduation.  I told them what information to use and what section to put it in and figured that was easy enough, have at 'er.  They couldn't do it and I realized I was wrong not 30 other people.  Sometimes people need to be handheld from A to B.  Teaching addon development would be along the same lines.  I don't have to tell you what more addons would mean to Kodi and subsequently this forum.  You wouldn't have people like me begging and the more addons there are the more popular this site would ultimately become.  Just my opinion.
We get many people who use the popularity of the Kodi forum to drive traffic to their website/store or whatever, hence your style of c&p posts could look to be suspect, however it was indeed seen from your post history that you were a genuine user so benefit of doubt was given. When posting in these requests sections we expect people to use their own words as to why they want to see an addon made, other than being in the request section there is nothing from you in the first post in the form of a request. Personally I don't see any reason why any dev would take an interest if you can't take the time to express in your own words why it would be of value.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Redbox Launches Free On Demand Streaming Service0