• 1(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get XBMC for Windows to work with remote control via IR Server Suite
Thumbs Up 
Im a long time XBMC (XBOX) user who has made the transition to XBMC Windows.

I have spent the last few days (havnt got much else done actually) trying to get XBMC to weork with an IR remote..rather then a wireless keyboard that i have.

In the end it was really simple, but since i didnt find the exact information i wanted in once place i thoguh i would write this for others like me.

Basically the way I got it working was like this:

1. Clean install of XBMC Atlantis Alpha 3 on my HTPC (get from sticky in this forum)

2. Plug Microsoft MCE v2 USB receiver into USB port (drivers detected and installed automatically)

3. Install IR Server Suite - Test Build 1.4.2 RC1.zip http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mce-re...1-a-33512/

4. Start XBMC...and it all just worked

I did not need to replace or modify keymap.xml in any folder. I did not have to configure IR Server Suite at all.. all the buttons worked the way i expected them to in all modes of XBMC i tested.

I have tested this on Vista Ultimate 64 and Vista Ultimate 32..both work well following these steps.

I hope this helps somebody out. Btw, i did try many other things before i got this to work but in the end I was amased it was this simple.
Thanks very much for the writeup Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Will try this when I get home tonight, the "Idiot proof" sounds like something I could handle :-).
Cam73
Aha, sure.
And now try to add xbmc to startup folder and see how it woun`t work `cose IuputService don`t fully run before xbmc starts.
I'm getting this all the time Sad

HTPC:
Asus TS-61A · Asus M2N-VM HDMI (GeForce 7050) · Athlon X2 3800+ EE SFF · 1024 MByte DDR2 800Mhz · Samsung 120 GByte · Samsung 500 GByte · Samsung DVD-ROM · Toshiba 32C3005P · Toshiba MCE Remote
Thanks Cam73.

This almost worked for me on Vista Bus. x86 and MCE 1039 remote.

I was getting double key presses.

To fix this I needed to go into the input service configuration and enable "disable automatic buttons" on the remote tab, then reboot the system.

Trev.
Anyone know if this would work with the original Xbox remote?

Thanks,
Harry
Should be if u find here theme with codes for original remote for IR Server Suite.
is there any way to use XBMC with the pvr150 remote?
psike
Try to install IR server suite, start it and check logfiles to view can it receive commands from ur remote and if yes just change xml to ur codes.
it don't work. it saying:
Reciver plugin not found: Hauppage
No transmit plugin loaded

anything else that i can try?
worked right away for me... which is a huge relief becuase i have been trying every software there is for Remote. I tried IR suite and i assumed there was more set up and couldn't figure out so i moved past it... now if my movies would show up in lib mode i'd be done tweaking.
Man, it doesn't get any easier. On VHP32 I literally installed it and it just worked. Just like you said. Big Grin

I have been fighting with LM Remote for DAYS!! I have configured it more ways than I can possibly count and it just doesn't work with Atlantis yet.

Thank you sooo much!!
I've been trying this but I can't seem to get the RC to install (the installer crashes everytime I try to run it). The previous version will install, but it's missing the "disable automatic buttons' option.

Are there any other ways to get it working? I tried LM Remote briefly, but got a few runtime crashes from it and couldn't get it to work even as well as IRSS (without IRSS the back button doesn't even work. With the old version, the buttons all seem to work, but I get the extra keypresses).

My system is running Vista x64, 4GB ram, Athlon X2 4000+, Nvidia 7900GS, Microsoft Media Center Remote (HA-IR01SV(TSHA-IR01)).

Thanks in advance!
how do you launch XBMC from the remote?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get XBMC for Windows to work with remote control via IR Server Suite0