Switch PVR Channels Group with one key?
The title says it all.
I've got Kodi installed on my STB and I watch TV through "PVR Simple Client" . Now I want that my 4yo kid could switch to show the particular channels group ("For Children") with one key (does not matter where, this could be "Live TV" window or "Main Menu").
Now I can switch it from "Settings" menu of "Live TV" window but this is too complicated for 4yo.
I know I can assign any key to some actions through e.g. "Keymap Editor" Add-on. By I haven't found there any action I can assign except for "Switch to next PVR Group" which seems does not work but even if it would it's not what I want - I want not just "next", but specific channels group.
So I have to have some action which would do it. Can it be achieved by any Add-on without (or even with) additional coding?
E.G. what comes to mind: Get a skin where you can edit menu items, add menu item for selected channels group and then bind a key to this item?
I've tried to do it with "Estuary Mod" skin but could not add a "channels group" to a menu.
Any thoughts?
(2020-12-14, 14:35)dredkin Wrote: The title says it all.
I've got Kodi installed on my STB and I watch TV through "PVR Simple Client" . Now I want that my 4yo kid could switch to show the particular channels group ("For Children") with one key (does not matter where, this could be "Live TV" window or "Main Menu").
Now I can switch it from "Settings" menu of "Live TV" window but this is too complicated for 4yo.
I know I can assign any key to some actions through e.g. "Keymap Editor" Add-on. By I haven't found there any action I can assign except for "Switch to next PVR Group" which seems does not work but even if it would it's not what I want - I want not just "next", but specific channels group.
So I have to have some action which would do it. Can it be achieved by any Add-on without (or even with) additional coding?
E.G. what comes to mind: Get a skin where you can edit menu items, add menu item for selected channels group and then bind a key to this item?
I've tried to do it with "Estuary Mod" skin but could not add a "channels group" to a menu.
Any thoughts?

Looked into this a year or two ago. Sadly not possible right now even though the keymap wiki says it should be. The best you can do is cycle the PVR groups with a single button. Maybe make everything except the kids group require your adult PIN? Set up a kids profile and hide every group except the kids one?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337230

A guy in this thread made a script that might work for you.
(2020-12-24, 16:25)Christhebaker Wrote: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337230

A guy in this thread made a script that might work for you.

Thanks! Looks like exactly what I want! I'll definitely try it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switch PVR Channels Group with one key?0