Newbie Question - Sorting Media by Title and Then Year of Release
Hey all,

I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything specific regarding what I'm trying to do. Can EMM sort all movies alphabetically and then, say, if those movies are part of a franchise, sort by year of release (ie Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Home Alone 3 - nobody likes this one lol) or sort alphabetically and then when the first movie of a franchise hits, then sort by order of release? Not sure if that makes sense.

Any help or feedback is appreciated!
Thanks,
J
Not automatically and not 100% what you want. What you could do is to use the "Sort Title" in the Edit dialog. If you name your collection related movies like "Home Alone 1", "Home Alone 2" and so on than you can use the "Sort Title" ordering in the filter tab below the media list. If a "Sort Title" is available for a movie the list will show and sort by this title, otherwise the normal title will be used. But if you change/use the "Sort Title" than also the ordering in Kodi will be affected. For each collection in Kodi you can switch between "ordered by date" (default) and "ordered by title". In this case also the "Sort title" will be used if available, otherwise the normal title will be used.
(2020-12-15, 15:38)DanCooper Wrote: Not automatically and not 100% what you want. What you could do is to use the "Sort Title" in the Edit dialog. If you name your collection related movies like "Home Alone 1", "Home Alone 2" and so on than you can use the "Sort Title" ordering in the filter tab below the media list. If a "Sort Title" is available for a movie the list will show and sort by this title, otherwise the normal title will be used. But if you change/use the "Sort Title" than also the ordering in Kodi will be affected. For each collection in Kodi you can switch between "ordered by date" (default) and "ordered by title". In this case also the "Sort title" will be used if available, otherwise the normal title will be used.

Thanks for the response! I figured as much with the "Sort Title" and the 1,2,3 thing. Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie Question - Sorting Media by Title and Then Year of Release0