Support for Voice Control
Hi,

I current use the Kodi plugin to connect to my OpenHab home automation. This allows for some limited control.

I was thinking about how to make this excellent and thought of this as a solution. Is this a thing the experts in development think is possible?

There should be an API call available, something like getAllClickableItems(). This would simply return an array of strings representing anything that is viewable on the screen, which could be clicked, possibly along with a id, if needed.
When the voice service such as Alexa, or Google Assistance received a voice command such as "Alexa, choose the office on kodi" it would pass "the office" through to the channel associated "choose". This part is already there. I can already do this with favourites. There is a command called "play/open favourite" already in the Kodi plugin for OpenHab, so I assumed Kodo has a hook to play these, which the OpenHab plugin uses. This works fine, but is very limited. 

Now, imagine if the plugin had access to the new kodo API call? You could do anything. You would need a few little navigate commands which may already be there, like down page. So if in the Guide for example, you could say "Down" which the existing integration could map to the down full page command.

The would could do this, just with this new API call.

"Open Guide"
"Down"
"Down"
"Select 'Planet Earth' " (seen in a column in the guide)
"Switch" (form the page shown after it was picked)

That's is. It plays!!!!

The key part would be when Select was made. The plugin would call the new API get the list, search the list for the phrase passed in, then call the code that actives the one chosen)

I think you could pretty much do 90% of all things with this one extra hook.

I do not know Kodi code, or the Plugin code. But I have a feeling this could be done, and if it could, would be amazing to use!!!

I'd be interested for anyone's feedback? Maybe the way Kodi is build makes this impossible, but maybe it's not so hard too.

Worth thinking about though!! Smile
@moamoa 

Check voxcommando

https://voxcommando.com/
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support for Voice Control0