Difficulty in getting all the music albums in Kodi
hi ,

I am using a 5tB hard disk for my Kodi at Nvidia Shield Tv. I have created a separate folder for my music and movies. The challenge I am facing is that currently I have 442 music albums in my Music folder but Kodi only reads 433 albums.

Can somebody please guide me as what best I can do that every time when I am adding a new album to the Hard Disk, Kodi can read all the albums and shows the same on the music player.

Do I need to install any app which can help me here...Please guide...

Regards
Rajiv (India)
(2020-12-18, 16:19)rajivaryan1984 Wrote: Kodi can read all the albums and shows the same on the music player.
The first issue that springs to mind is that there is a problem with your embedded tags.

Are your files correctly tagged? Try using MusicBrainz Picard to tag your files... https://picard.musicbrainz.org/

If you don't think that is the issue, provide a Debug Log which captures a Scan to library for one of the albums missing from the library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Yes, if you turn on "debug" logging level in the settings and then scan your music folder, you can review the resulting log and get insight into what is going wrong.

Once we figure out the problem you can work out a way for you to make sure your music files are set up correctly then you shouldn't have the problem of missing albums except in a rare case.

You might also mention if you are using different scripts in the music tag info as Kodi isn't too sophisticated in handling of other-than-latin script data (it does use unicode for all text strings though). 

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Difficulty in getting all the music albums in Kodi0