tinyMediaManager broken after purchasing
Dear developers,

I have a problem with tinyMediaManager. I used v3 before without any problems. Today I upgradet to v4, which worked well. After adding my purchase code, it crashed and when I started to open it again, I got an error message:

Image: https://imgur.com/E3v27dL

I tried to delete it and download it a second time, unzipping, launching but I do get the same error message over and over again. Something is totally broken and I can't use the software anymore (after buying it - which sucks a bit Big Grin ).

So what can I do to run it again? Maybe remove something in my registry?

Best regards,
Torm
such an error has already been reported at https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=357779 - maybe this could solve your issue

Last but not least I can offer you to refund the price if you don't get it to work
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Thanks kindly, moving it to a differen harddrive solved the problem indeed - but it's still strange. I mean, what is going wrong when having the programm in the Programs folders?
cannot say - because that is a windows error.. the only thing I can say is, that tmm is not x64 only and having that in a x86 folder may cause windows errors.
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
It is not x64 but placing it in the x86 folder causes errors? Now I am confused...
(2020-12-19, 17:48)Tormentor667 Wrote: It is not x64 but placing it in the x86 folder causes errors? Now I am confused...

In these folder you need to be run as an administrator on windows. In the case of TMM this is bad, because files are created and saved inside the TMM folder, so you would need this authorization every time you were to run it ...
sorry, I was confused when writing this... v4.x is x64 only Smile

yes, placing this in your local app folder (AppData) would be better
So thanks again for the information and support Smile It's running flawlessly now and I am pleased with 4.x

By the way, if I stop paying after one year, can I still use 4.x or can I just not update anymore?
we're just re-thinking the license model, so I cannot say what actually happens after the first year Wink
but as it is now, you will fall back to the free model (just 50 movies/10 TV shows/limited API access), but that may change in the next big update
It would be cool to have indeed a "subscription" model that let's you use the tool as is. If you want new features, you simply need to re-subscribe. I am not a big fan of buying for a software each year and I can imagine others might agree here Smile Thanks anyway!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tinyMediaManager broken after purchasing0