Kodi not displaying all TV Shows
Hi,
I just bought a Vero 4K+ to stream movies and TV shows from my NAS.  Both the Vero and the NAS are hardwired to the same switch.  No wireless connections.   Kodi is running on OSMC.

Because the Kodi scrapper was getting too many movies and TV series wrong, I decided to use Tiny Media Manager to create and edit the information for the library.  Using version 4.0.6 running on my Windows  PCand it is saving all movies and TV series directly in the NAS.

I went through all movies and TV shows and saw that it created the .nfo files and downloaded the artwork files into each folder where the media files are.

The folder structure in the NAS follow the instructions I read in the Kodi Wiki.
For movies it is: Movies\Movies\Action\Movie Name (year)  where "Action" is replaced by Sci-Fi, Adventure, etc. just to help me manage the files.
For TV series it is: Movies\TV Shows\TV Series Name (year)\Season 1   where 1 is replaced by 2, 3, 4, etc. depending on the number of seasons.

I pointed Kodi to read the Movies information from the child folder Movies, this way: smb:\\<NAS IP address>\Movies\Movies\

The TV shows are pointed this way: smb:\\<NAS IP address>\Movies\TV Shows

Kodi is set to scan the folders using the setting "Local Information Only" so it reads the info from the NAS folders only, instead of browsing the Internet and filling the wrong info.

When I run the "update library" I see that Kodi can access and read the content of both paths because it shows the progress bar on the top right.

However, for some reason, it's not showing all TV Shows.  Only three, out of 60.

The movies' section also does not show all of them.  Just 269 out of 292.

However, all information of the content (movies and TV shows) displayed is correct and matches what I set in TinyMM.  The posters, movie info, etc. is correct.

The weird thing is that it initially displayed all of them.  It simply seem to have "lost" some.

For example, I was running a test playing a movie from a TV series and stopped in the middle to test the Resume function.  When I tried to go back the whole series was not available anymore.

I already tried to update the library a few times and also ran a "clean library" a couple times but nothing changed.

Tried a couple reboots, but also did not work.   Would you please advise?

Thanks!
(2020-12-21, 03:36)Rossi_1 Wrote: Because the Kodi scrapper was getting too many movies and TV series wrong, I decided to use Tiny Media Manager to create and edit the information for the library.  Using version 4.0.6 running on my Windows  PC

Moving the thread to the TMM section.
(2020-12-21, 03:36)Rossi_1 Wrote: Movies\Movies\Action\Movie Name (year) 
Why do you have two Movies folders?

(2020-12-21, 03:36)Rossi_1 Wrote: Kodi is set to scan the folders using the setting "Local Information Only"
Nope. Don't use this setting for TV Shows. Determine which Information Provider you used in TMM, then set the same scraper. If you used TheMovieDB, then set TheMovieDB scraper.
And no, it won't ignore your local files, but it does need the correct scraper set.

(2020-12-21, 03:36)Rossi_1 Wrote: The movies' section also does not show all of them.  Just 269 out of 292.
Run the Update Library again and check which movies are skipped in the Event Log (wiki)

If you still have problems after the above, provide a Debug Log which captures the issue.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-21, 03:44)Karellen Wrote: Why do you have two Movies folders?
(2020-12-21, 03:36)Rossi_1 Wrote: Kodi is set to scan the folders using the setting "Local Information Only"
Nope. Don't use this setting for TV Shows. Determine which Information Provider you used in TMM, then set the same scraper. If you used TheMovieDB, then set TheMovieDB scraper.
And no, it won't ignore your local files, but it does need the correct scraper set

@Karellen are you saying not to use local info only for tv shows?  Care to explain, please.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2020-12-21, 03:44)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-21, 03:36)Rossi_1 Wrote: Movies\Movies\Action\Movie Name (year) 
Why do you have two Movies folders?
And no, it won't ignore your local files, but it does need the correct scraper set.
(2020-12-21, 03:36)Rossi_1 Wrote: The movies' section also does not show all of them.  Just 269 out of 292.
Run the Update Library again and check which movies are skipped in the Event Log (wiki)

If you still have problems after the above, provide a Debug Log which captures the issue.

Re: why using two folders.
The parent movie folder is to distinguish the movies from other media, such as photos and music. I have three main parent folders: Movies, Photos, and Music

Because Kodi requires the TV shows to be handled differently than single movies, I created two child folders, one (Movies) for the movies and another (TV Shows) for the TV series.  It makes easier for me to manage the content.

Re: using "Local Info Only".
The problem is that the I have to use different scrappers for some movies and TV shows.  A single one does not cover them all.

I ran the "Update Library"  multiple times and also the "Clean Library". 
How do I get the debug log and post here?

Thanks much!
(2020-12-21, 03:57)bobrap Wrote: are you saying not to use local info only for tv shows?  Care to explain, please.
Yes, that is what I am saying. There is a bug in Kodi when it comes to scanning TV Shows with an <episodeguide> in the NFO file.

If Kodi reads the tvshow.nfo file and finds the <episodeguide> tag, then it tries to perform a lookup. Once it performs the lookup, the scanner continues to load the NFO file. Nothing is downloaded from the online site (unless you have missing artwork and there are valid artwork links in the nfo file).

By setting Local Info Only, Kodi blocks the online lookup and the scanner fails to process the NFO file. Strange thing is that it doesn't happen all the time, and it may not happen immediately. You can scan four or five shows then it suddenly decides not to scan anymore.

(2020-12-21, 04:05)Rossi_1 Wrote: The parent movie folder is to distinguish the movies from other media, such as photos and music.
Oh right. So you have \Movies\Movies and \Movies\TV Shows.

(2020-12-21, 04:05)Rossi_1 Wrote: The problem is that the I have to use different scrappers for some movies and TV shows.  A single one does not cover them all.
Ok, then I would be putting them into two sources. \Movies\TV Shows TVDB\ and \Movies\TV Shows TMDB

(2020-12-21, 04:05)Rossi_1 Wrote: How do I get the debug log and post here?
Click the link and read the instructions.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-21, 04:49)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-21, 03:57)bobrap Wrote: are you saying not to use local info only for tv shows?  Care to explain, please.
Yes, that is what I am saying. There is a bug in Kodi when it comes to scanning TV Shows with an <episodeguide> in the NFO file.

If Kodi reads the tvshow.nfo file and finds the <episodeguide> tag, then it tries to perform a lookup. Once it performs the lookup, the scanner continues to load the NFO file. Nothing is downloaded from the online site (unless you have missing artwork and there are valid artwork links in the nfo file).

By setting Local Info Only, Kodi blocks the online lookup and the scanner fails to process the NFO file. Strange thing is that it doesn't happen all the time, and it may not happen immediately. You can scan four or five shows then it suddenly decides not to scan anymore.
(2020-12-21, 04:05)Rossi_1 Wrote: The parent movie folder is to distinguish the movies from other media, such as photos and music.
Oh right. So you have \Movies\Movies and \Movies\TV Shows.
(2020-12-21, 04:05)Rossi_1 Wrote: The problem is that the I have to use different scrappers for some movies and TV shows.  A single one does not cover them all.
Ok, then I would be putting them into two sources. \Movies\TV Shows TVDB\ and \Movies\TV Shows TMDB
(2020-12-21, 04:05)Rossi_1 Wrote: How do I get the debug log and post here?
Click the link and read the instructions.

On the creating multiple folders, is there a simpler way?  For example, I run a first pass to let Kodi do its online thing, then I fix the wrong info with TinyMM and run a library update again, this time using only local sources?

Another question about this, is that when I run the "Update Library" commend, Kodi seems to update everything despite I created two independent entries in the Media section.  One for Movie and another for TV Shows.  It even asks what kind of files are hose and I identified them as such.  However, when I watch the upper right status bar, it shows it scanning all content, not only movies or only tv shows.
I'm afraid it would also mess up the movies portion.

I did not see any link in your post.  Would you please resend?  I'll check it and upload the link.  Thanks for your patience.  I'm new to this software.

Thanks!
(2020-12-21, 06:21)Rossi_1 Wrote: I did not see any link in your post.  Would you please resend?
Debug Log

(2020-12-21, 06:21)Rossi_1 Wrote: On the creating multiple folders, is there a simpler way?
If you want to continue with your current workflow, then there is no simpler way

(2020-12-21, 06:21)Rossi_1 Wrote: For example, I run a first pass to let Kodi do its online thing, then I fix the wrong info with TinyMM and run a library update again, this time using only local sources?
Sorry but this makes no sense to me. You scrape with Kodi, then you use TMM to fix the errors? How??
And running a library update again, does nothing for items already in the library.

(2020-12-21, 06:21)Rossi_1 Wrote: However, when I watch the upper right status bar, it shows it scanning all content, not only movies or only tv shows.
You cannot selectively scan Movies or TV Shows. You run an Update Library and it scans for new Movies and TV Shows
My Signature
I just ran a library update with the TMDB TV Show Scraper on.   Same thing.   The upper right status bar shows it going though all the folder and files.
However, after running it, Kodi still only shows the same three TV series.  

I'll run it again, this time with the logging on and upload it.  There's probably something else going on.

Thanks much!
I am getting a "document exceed maximum length"  when I try to save it to https://paste.kodi.tv/

I did two reboots and enabled loging and then repeated all the steps.  Anything I can do to reduce the length?
It must be a pretty big log. Nothing you can do.

Zip it up and post it somewhere so I can download it.
My Signature
While I was browsing to get to the window where we view and retrieve the log, I passed by the Event Log window.   The UI has a lot of error messages like this one: "failed to scan tvshow:" but it does not provide any info.  Some have a very small poster of the TV series in that line.
There's also an info about an Alarm clock that keeps starting and cancelling, apparently by itself, since I did not set anything up or touch anything else.  Is it an internal feature to prevent eternal loops?

I came up with a solution for the log file length's saving problem on that website.  Sorry if it makes more complicated for you to review.  Ended-up having to break the log into four files. 
What's the limit there, and are there any best practices in that regard?

First: https://paste.kodi.tv/oqawujumif.kodi

Second: https://paste.kodi.tv/awevuqayih.kodi

Third: https://paste.kodi.tv/ohopozotaj.kodi

Fourth: https://paste.kodi.tv/qixodakaru.kodi

Thanks much for your help again!
I am trying to figure out on my side what else could be going on there and decided to compare the three TV Shows that appear and the others that do not appear.

TV series that show in Kodi have an .nfo file for each episode.  All others only have one .nfo file for the whole thing. 

So, for some reason, TinyMM created the .nfo correctly the first time.  However, when running Kodi to read them, it deleted some of the files. 

What's more weird now is that TinyMM is not creating the .nfo files for each episode in those series.

This is the only difference I cuold find between the three episodes that display correctly and the others that stopped displaying or never displayed at all.

Thoughts?
https://api.thetvdb.com/login?{"apikey":"439DFEBA9D3059C6","id":293901}|Content-Type=application/json' using TMDb TV Shows scraper

You have created your NFO files using TVDB, but you are using the TMDB scraper in Kodi.

If you use TVDB to create the nfo files, then you need to have TVDB scraper set in Kodi.

(2020-12-21, 08:23)Rossi_1 Wrote: There's also an info about an Alarm clock that keeps starting and cancelling, apparently by itself
I think this is the screensaver.

(2020-12-21, 08:40)Rossi_1 Wrote: However, when running Kodi to read them, it deleted some of the files. 
No, Kodi does not delete files.
My Signature
(2020-12-21, 09:06)Karellen Wrote: https://api.thetvdb.com/login?{"apikey":"439DFEBA9D3059C6","id":293901}|Content-Type=application/json' using TMDb TV Shows scraper

You have created your NFO files using TVDB, but you are using the TMDB scraper in Kodi.

If you use TVDB to create the nfo files, then you need to have TVDB scraper set in Kodi.

So, this means that if I create the NFO using TinyMM and a different database, Kodi does not overwrite it when doing the online check?

Anyway, I went through all the TV Shows and repopulated them using TVDB. Then went to Kodi and ran a library update. This time almost all TV shows appeared. However, some still do not show up despite having the NFO populated with the TVDB. It's not many. Only 5 out of 67. It was a great tip. Thanks!

Anywhere else I an look at?
(2020-12-21, 09:06)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-21, 08:23)Rossi_1 Wrote: There's also an info about an Alarm clock that keeps starting and cancelling, apparently by itself
I think this is the screensaver.

So, can I leave it as is or should I look somewhere to fix this?
(2020-12-21, 09:06)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-21, 08:40)Rossi_1 Wrote: However, when running Kodi to read them, it deleted some of the files. 
No, Kodi does not delete files.

This is interesting, and goes back to my question above. If I understood, Kodi does not overwrite the NFO I create with another software, such as TinyMM?
What does it use the online information for?

Also, another thing I noticed and would appreciate you clarifying.
If I access the context menu either in Movies or TV Shows and run "Update Library", Kodi reviews everything.

However, if I go to Settings>Media>Videos>TV Shows, access the context menu, >Edit Source> , review the TV Shows folder's path, hit OK, sometimes it performs a scan and update of the TV Shows library only. Other times it does nothing. Why is that?

I'm still going through the Wiki's beginners section but it's a lot of info.  Any hints for me so I do not break anything?  Also, any add-ons you recommend?  I tried different skins but did not find any that I like yet.

What I mean is, is there a way to customize Kodi's menu so I can create a structure similar to the one that I used to store the files in my NAS?  I get the genres and tags, but I am looking for something that I can add to the main menu such as when I select Movies, there's a submenu that mimics the folder structure in my NAS.   Is that possible?

Thanks a lot for your help and patience!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not displaying all TV Shows0