TV Show Scraping not respecting artwork settings properly?
Information 
Not sure what I am doing wrong but the artwork scraping does not seem to work properly, it keeps getting artwork from fanart.tv or tvdb when I have only TMDB selected, I tried using both the TVDB scraper and the TMDB scraper. I don't understand why it isn't just getting artwork from TMDB, i do not want farnart.tv artwork at all.

Also the artwork selector doesn't seem to work properly either (probably related). If I go to manually select an artwork for a season, it just shows all seasons artworks in no particular order which is obvious evidence that it's not using TMDB as you can easily get all artwork for a season from TMDB so I don't understand why it isn't just using that.

Is this a bug or is this not supported? Basically all I want is to get all artwork from TMDB (and maybe fallback to TVDB if none), i don't want fanart.tv at all as the quality there is pretty bad.

Possible feature request would be to show where the artwork is coming from in the UI as the selector does not tell you where the artwork is from, it doesn't even let you open the link directly to manually check.

I am on version 4.0.7

EDIT: looking at the logs it clearly states that it is using fanart and tvdb for episodes but not using anything specific for shows https://paste.kodi.tv/ujobawotuq.kodi
Thanks.
are you sure you did deselect all other scrapers in the "Artwork" section in the settings? metadata scrapers (where you have TMDB selected) and artwork scrapers are different settings!
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
I think so? This is what my options looks like for Shows.

https://i.imgur.com/TmwysB3.png
https://i.imgur.com/QCqf3nf.png
https://i.imgur.com/O2PhJSk.png
you are right - there is a bug in the TV show chooser - all artwork scrapers are taken into account and not the configured ones.. this will be fixed in the next version
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Just tried "scrape episode metadata" command. Episode thumb gets scraped by metadata scraper with artwork scraper setting ignored. Try with tmdb and tvdb, and the vice versa.
Another strange thing is after removing one episode thumb, running either "getting missing data" or "download missing artwork" command doesn't add the episode thumb. Only scrape command can add the thumb.
yes, this is a lack of the scrapers - almost none offer a dedicated API for episode thumbs nor delivers episode thumbs in the call for the TV show. That artwork is delivered along with the episode meta data and thus is not respected by this setting.

Looks like there is nothing we can do here
OK. But it's still possible to get the thumb with a scraper of the user's choosing by selecting only thumb field and choosing a scraper for metadata rather than for artwork. Why can't tmm do this when the user can do it manually?
easy answer: if you scrape with the meta data provider, you can get the thumb urls, because the scraper APIs provide them only with the meta data endpoints, but not with the artwork API endpoins (which are implemented in the artwork scrapers),

Nevertheless I need to rethink the thumb handling for episodes because of the FFmpeg feature - maybe I find a way to use the metadata endpoint instead of the other one for scraping the thumb.. BUT I doubt choosing another scraper for the stills is a good idea because of _possible_ different season/episode numbers
Users don't need to know which API is working and not working for which command. tmm must be able to all handle it internally using a "working" API for each field as it knows what the user wants by the selected scraper settings.
The ffmpeg feature will be useful, but still doing it all manually is a lot of work. Would be great running "download missing artwork" command gets missing episode thumbs as well.

edit: Maybe ffmpeg could do it automatically with a single still setting?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Scraping not respecting artwork settings properly?0