• 6(current)
Release Madnox (Matrix) (WIP)
@kittmaster 
In order to maintain the order you want you'll will have to shift every item. Start with your desired default. Then shift the rest placing them in the order you wish them in. Items above the default startup will appear to left or above starting position and below it to the right or below. the fact it only shows 3 positions above and the rest below is deceiving. In order to have more on top after the 3 slots are filled move the item to the very bottom of the list and and work up from there. And yes of course you could edit the xml file since inevitably that is where the settings are stored. As for which xml file, I would assume, it's the settings.xlm in the "usersdata>addon_data>skin.madnox" folder, but I'm just guessing and I have no idea what lines to edit.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1.2 | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.6.5
Kodi 21.0 rc1 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.0 | Kodi 21.0 rc1 + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.1.6
Kodi 21.0 nightly 2024.03.09 + MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.0 | Kodi 21.0 nightly 2024.03.09 + MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.1.6
System -> Interface -> Startup -> Startup Window (Pick a category) is about as close as you'll get at the moment I think. It won't make the selected category focused I don't think, It might 'enter' that category on startup (i.e display movies, TV shows, etc). I've never altered it (Mine's set to default).

Dan / Gib.
(2021-12-31, 01:17)gibxxi Wrote: System -> Interface -> Startup -> Startup Window (Pick a category) is about as close as you'll get at the moment I think. It won't make the selected category focused I don't think, It might 'enter' that category on startup (i.e display movies, TV shows, etc). I've never altered it (Mine's set to default).

Dan / Gib.

Looked at this, what I don't see there is the "Movies" option as a startup option category. Thought this was odd as it had videos and most of the others.
Kodi: Nexus v20.4 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2021-12-31, 17:32)kittmaster Wrote:
(2021-12-31, 01:17)gibxxi Wrote: System -> Interface -> Startup -> Startup Window (Pick a category) is about as close as you'll get at the moment I think. It won't make the selected category focused I don't think, It might 'enter' that category on startup (i.e display movies, TV shows, etc). I've never altered it (Mine's set to default).

Dan / Gib.

Looked at this, what I don't see there is the "Movies" option as a startup option category. Thought this was odd as it had videos and most of the others.
You won't find what you want in that setting. It basically only determines the startup behaviour not a particular home screen startup item. It will always open on the third item in the menu item list. There is no way to change that other than, as you've discovered already,  changing the 'focusposition' which throws the menu out of balance.

I'm pretty curtain the closest you will come to achieving what you're looking for is by way of juggling the main menu items in the skin settings as described previously.
If you set them in this order:
Add-Ons
System
Movies
TV Shows
Weather
This should set Movies as your startup default. With 'fixed list' off. This will give you the order you wish them to be in, albeit not a straight line but by way of  the wrap around.

If you want Movies to be your starting point and all other to follow it to the right, forget it, no can do, except by way of changing the 'focusposition'.

Only one other possible way I can think of but I've never tried it, is to add a couple unnamed items in the 1 and 2 positions, then if you change to a 'fixed list' it would minimize the chance of landing on them, however even if that works it will look odd having blank spaces on the menu bar.

Sorry but I think your options are pretty limited and you might just have to bite the bullet and compromise.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1.2 | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.6.5
Kodi 21.0 rc1 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.0 | Kodi 21.0 rc1 + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.1.6
Kodi 21.0 nightly 2024.03.09 + MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.0 | Kodi 21.0 nightly 2024.03.09 + MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.1.6
(2021-12-27, 16:20)manthes Wrote: I tried this skin and it's very lightweight.
I have two requests if it is possible.
1. Smaller widgets thumbnails and also adding cast and director names
2. Different layout for favorites. Something like Amber favorites
Hi manthes,

No plans to add cast and director name. There is a small widget option under style when you edit the main menu. For favorites no plans to change it.

(2021-12-27, 17:35)relayer35 Wrote: Greeting, love the skin...just want to point out a typo in DialogPlayerProcessInfo.xml :

Line 46:
<visible>Player.Proces(videohwdecoder)</visible>        

Line 51:
<visible>!Player.Proces(videohwdecoder)</visible>                    

Should be Player.Process (needs an S at the end). This is causing everything to read as software mode.

Cheers,
Matt

Thanks Matt. Will push it to github in future updates.

(2021-12-28, 00:59)gibxxi Wrote: @Mr. V 

Looks like I'm a little late to the party, lol. Welcome back Mr. V, hope you had a good Xmas, glad to see your OK. Look forward to the upcoming updates as usual.

Smile

Dan / Gib.

Thanks mate. Hope you had a great Christmas and new year.

P.S. regarding reflection. It is possible for a shadowing effect. Not sure if I want to make it happen.

(2021-12-28, 18:09)kittmaster Wrote:
(2021-12-23, 21:55)Fietspomp Wrote:
(2021-12-23, 20:25)kittmaster Wrote: I have just found this skin and spent a few days configuring it......I am sold......as of the post before mine....it seems there was an update to it hours ago.

This is the first time I've use a skin outside of the Kodi repo.....I plan to stay with it....I don't want to corrupt or start over the settings.

What is the proper way to update it? I don't think it does it automatically...can someone advise?

Thanks!
Just re-download the zip from Github and install from zipfile in Kodi, it'll update it that way.

Understood, thank you.

To the question about rounded corners....dump em if it keeps aspect ratio correctly......and I think reflect is a nice touch...but ok if it goes....I run it on a firestick 4k and it seems very responsive.....not sure how much more improvement not having it would yield.

If you have a moderately powered device the skin should run fine. For myself it runs smooth on a windows pc. The android tv I have is laggy with this skin. If possible the goal is to having it running smooth on a low powered system.

(2021-12-28, 19:50)bsoriano Wrote: @Mr. V, welcome back! I am really glad that you are doing better. Happy Holidays!

For my part, I am perfectly fine without the rounded corners and the reflections. Keep up the great work! Smile

Regards,

Bart

Cheers Bart and happy new year!
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2021-12-29, 15:21)kittmaster Wrote: Is there any control on how to select the default startup menu item on Kodi load?

My main menu is horizontal: Movies | TV Shows | Weather | Videos | Add-Ons | System

When it starts, it always defaults to "Videos". I am wanting it to start on "Movies". I combed the skin settings and see nothing to tell it what item to start with.

I looked at the file: Includes_Home.xml line 605 and tried to play with <focusposition> from 3 to 0 and while that causes the select to change to "Movies" it also pushes "Movies" to the far left for selection when it is typically "Centered" in the menu bar itself when scrolling left/right to select it.

Is there some xml tag I can add to keep the bar centered and have "Movies" my default startup selection?

Thanks.

Hi kittmaster,

The advice so far on this forum has been solid from others.

You just have to edit the main menu. The 4th item is always focused. So you need to rearrange you menu to suit. Use the up and down arrows to change the position of what you would like focused on start up.

Make sure fixed list is disabled!
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Mr. V. I am not sure if it is a bug or by design....so I am reporting and you can tell me what's what. I am watching a TV series with the "up next" active. I notice if I watch one episode at a time, it is either unchecked (not watched), 3 right arrows (in process), checked (watched)....so what I noticed....I was watching a season using the up next for at least 3 episodes uninterrupted ... what I noticed is that the episodes that were bridged and watched by using the up next were not "marked off" as checked as being viewed even though I watched the 3 episodes from start to finish.

My expectation would be that the episodes would be checked off because they were watched......is this a bug or is there some setting I need to configure for the up next I'm not aware of?

Is it bug?

Thanks.
Chris
Kodi: Nexus v20.4 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
Really nice to see you're back Mr. V. Happy new year!
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21 RC2 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
I can't find the option to enable vertical menu as in pic above ?  Sorr I see, the pic is skin settings, so there is no vertical main menu option.
Great that this skin is alive Smile  Nice work!
I've been using it for a few days and most of it seems to run very smooth so far Smile
One thing that doesnt seem to work, the weather widgets. I only get a blank empty boxes when trying to put them on the weather menu.

EDIT:
My bad, it was my weather provider that didnt work. All good Smile
Welcome back Mr. V. and happy new year!
So nice that you're back - I'm sure a huge amount of people agree on that.

I think Madnox is the most beautiful skin - both perfect for flexing the home theater for friends and easy to navigate.
Giving the beauty of the skin, I think it would be a shame to remove the reflection feature. It really gives that extra touch to the "3D cover mode".
If it makes the computers run slow, can't people just turn reflection off? Of course, if it takes too much trouble and time to program, it should be removed. The most important thing, is that this skin lives on. Shy
Thank you.
Good to see you alive @Mr.V

Welcom back!
I've just updated my NUC to Libreelec 10.0.1 (Kodi Matrix) and installed Madnox.

For some reason, it doesn't want to add the QUIT command to the main menu. I've tried adding it in the same way as I added it to the Madnox Menu on Kodi on my PC (which worked fine), I see the message about rebuilding the menu, but it just isn't there.

Any ideas? I know I probably need to include a debug log, but it's late so I'll get that done tommorow. (If I remember correctly I add to pastebin and post the link here?)

TIA.
Kodi 19, Madnox Skin is amazing. Wondering if there's a way for widgets to scroll above the main menu TV or Movies?
Afternoon All,

I'll be setting a number of Odroid N2+ boxes up around the house over the weekend. 

Once Madnox is installed on the boxes, if I copy over the userdata folder from the "Master Box" to the others, will this transfer all the gui and main menu settings etc to the other boxes? If not, what do I need to copy to achieve this? I just don't wan't to have to set each box up manually if that can be helped. 

I did something similar with Isengard, but understand Kodi Matrix stores things a little differently.

Any help is appreciated.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox (Matrix) (WIP)0