• 8(current)
Release Madnox (Matrix) (WIP)
(2022-07-19, 15:32)G_streamer Wrote: Just stumbled across this skin a couple weeks ago after using Silvo's skin for the past 2 years. I'm loving Madox and hope it stays usable going into Kodi 20.

I've got a nightly build which is a prerelease wip of Kodi 20 and the skin still works fine.
Can I request that keyart is included within the various display options please??
Many thanks
I have a strange skin issue, it is madnox related because default skin does not have exact issue.

I have a movie Good luck to you, LEO GRANDE. The movie and trailer all scrape ok from NFOs. The MOVIE plays without issue. When I try to play the TRAILER, it crashes the player and says see log for more info.

The default skin plays without issue. This leads me to believe that the issue is with the comma not being escaped for the trailer. I've looked at the .xml files in and when I search for trailer through, it is using $ESCINFO to capture the trailer path which should escape the trailer's comma in the path. However, it still won't play this trailer when the default Estuary skin will.

Anyone have any idea on how to correct this? It seems the skin hasn't been updated in a while and I'd like to put a minor fix into my template package to handle this minor issue.

Thanks.
Kodi: Nexus v20.4 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
Thanks for the solution
Kodi 1: | Device: Minix X8-H Android Box (rooted) | OS: Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) | App: Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis) | Skin: Aeon MQ5 7.1.12
Kodi 2: | Device: HP Pavillion Laptop | OS: Windows 8.1 | App: Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis) | Skin: Aeon MQ5 14.2-rc1 (Helix Mod)
Does this skin run properly on the Nexus version?
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.
TV/Audio: LG OLED CX 77 | Yamaha RX-A3070 | 5.1.2 Atmos Speaker Setup

Software:
Kodi: v21 RC2 Omega | Skin: Madnox.Redux v21.00.11 | OS: Windows 11 Home
After trying the skin on Nexus, it seems to be working fine, but changing text colors is not working anymore, it may be more things not working also.

I hope this skin get a upgrade for Nexus Smile
HTPC: AMD Ryzen 9 7900 | AMD Radeon RX 7600 XT | 32GB DDR5 6000 | 2x WD Black SN770 1TB + 182TB HDD.

Software:
I think the colourisation relies on a 3rd-party addon (dependancy), which may now not be working with Nexus due to the versioning info in it's addon.xml file. This is probably why it's not working for you, but that is just supposition on my part (I've not investigated this).

Mr. V has been absent for the best part of 11 months (if memory serves). I hope he's OK, I also hope he can return at some point to finish the awesomeness that is 'Aeon Madnox', but in the meantime I, personally, have migrated to Arctic Zephyr Reloaded, partly due to some annoyances (bugs) in Madnox, and partially just for a change of scenery. I guess you'll just need to stay subscribed to this topic in case there are any future developments.

Dan / Gib.
Ok thanks. Hope he still is Ok. Smile 

I'll try out the Zephyr skin and see.

Software:
Confirm that Madnox runs fine on Nexus, the issue of not being able to change text colors is not a madnox issue but a dependency issue - skin.helper.colorpicker (I think that is the right name), is the culprit
OK I have tracked down the skin colorpicker issue and the solution is fairly easy.

The issue is indeed in script.skin.helper.colorpicker.  You need to find the file colorpicker.py (it is in addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/resources/lib).

Open with notepad++ or similar.  There are 3 references to xbmc.translatePath which is a depreciated command, replace with xbmcvfs.translatePath, save and restart Kodi.  It will work
(2023-02-09, 16:03)justin150 Wrote: OK I have tracked down the skin colorpicker issue and the solution is fairly easy.

The issue is indeed in script.skin.helper.colorpicker.  You need to find the file colorpicker.py (it is in addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/resources/lib).

Open with notepad++ or similar.  There are 3 references to xbmc.translatePath which is a depreciated command, replace with xbmcvfs.translatePath, save and restart Kodi.  It will work
Thanks!!

Software:
(2023-02-09, 16:03)justin150 Wrote: OK I have tracked down the skin colorpicker issue and the solution is fairly easy.

There's the one I was looking for. Thank you.
Sorry... wrong edit.
If I had to guess, the author is no longer around to support this. Shame too, its a great skin. May be time to move on.
Kodi: Nexus v20.4 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
His last known post I can find is #83 : 2022-01-02, 23:12

Radio silence since. I dropped him a private message, hopefully he will respond.
Mr. V's Original Source
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox (Matrix) (WIP)0