How exactly does one download Aeon Tajo Matrix?
It doesn't show up in the "get more" list.  A quick tip on what I'm supposed to do to fix this would be appreciated.  File this under "things you'd know if you'd been doing this for a few months, but which cannot be intuited from thin air."
It's not Aeon Tajo Matrix, but Aeon Tajo FOR Matrix, that is the upcoming Kodi version, so you have to install the Matrix version of Kodi (currently in Beta 2) and you'll find it in the Get more list...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2020-12-24, 15:03)manfeed Wrote: It's not Aeon Tajo Matrix, but Aeon Tajo FOR Matrix, that is the upcoming Kodi version, so you have to install the Matrix version of Kodi (currently in Beta 2) and you'll find it in the Get more list...
I see.  Thanks.

Two semi-related questions, if you have another moment.  1: Are there any advantages to checking Matrix out at this time?  2: Is there a way of forcing Aeon Tajo to render at 4K?  I remember this from the last time I set it up—the actual presentation is 1080p and the upscale to 4K looks pretty dubious, particularly in Shelf 3D with the oblique angles on everything.
(2020-12-24, 15:48)Asterra Wrote:
(2020-12-24, 15:03)manfeed Wrote: It's not Aeon Tajo Matrix, but Aeon Tajo FOR Matrix, that is the upcoming Kodi version, so you have to install the Matrix version of Kodi (currently in Beta 2) and you'll find it in the Get more list...
I see.  Thanks.

Two semi-related questions, if you have another moment.  1: Are there any advantages to checking Matrix out at this time?  2: Is there a way of forcing Aeon Tajo to render at 4K?  I remember this from the last time I set it up—the actual presentation is 1080p and the upscale to 4K looks pretty dubious, particularly in Shelf 3D with the oblique angles on everything.

1 - If you’re on Windows and if you have a HDR screen it’s the only way to get HDR. Apart from that I’ve found that Matrix it’s quite reliable and makes easier to add additional artwork, to name just a few improvements...

2 - If you set 3840x2160 in screen options in Kodi settings the rendering is quite good, at least in my device. In addition the new version of Aeon Tajo for Matrix gets rid of the oblique angles almost completely, everything looks flat now...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2020-12-24, 17:04)manfeed Wrote: 2 - If you set 3840x2160 in screen options in Kodi settings the rendering is quite good, at least in my device. In addition the new version of Aeon Tajo for Matrix gets rid of the oblique angles almost completely, everything looks flat now...

Hmm.  Well this is what I'm talking about.

Shot 1.
Shot 2.

Most of the elements are conspicuously rendered at 1/4th the screen's resolution, so you get this PS1-esque stairstepping.  This is of course with Kodi set up at 4K.  I've found it actually looks better to just leave Kodi at 1080p and have the display upscale that, which is a little disappointing.  That said, it's the oblique angle that makes this skin look better than the rest, in my opinion.  Less generic.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How exactly does one download Aeon Tajo Matrix?0