Compiling dependencies for Kodi TVOS
I was compiling Kodi for TVOS today and it kept halting trying to make from tools/depends.   Following this through it seems it was failing on building assembler .s files in gnutls/accelerated/macosx/aarch64   The source files say auto generated but I couldn't find the source.   The error seemed to be on text which was odd so on the off change I reduced the size of the comments at the beginning of the file and I was able to build all dependencies.  Xcode building Kodi finished without error (not tested though)

Is this expected behaviour?

Martin
Works ok on Jenkins, show the logs for the actual failures
Actually, just reread, will be an old gaspreprocessor. It had an issue with stuff being interpreted in comment blocks which triggered wired failures. Shouldn't be an issue on master, have to provide logs i guess still.
OK thanks I will have to rebuild from source to get the error logs and not on macos right now.   The line that was failing was something like

CCAS ... gasprocessor.pl  ....

so your explanation makes sense  It has not clear where that file would have come from or how to update it to a newer version.

Martin
If it's a clean native tools from a fresh git, should be the latest up to date version. We currently track https://github.com/libav/gas-preprocessor and are in line with he latest commit.

I would clear out gas-preprocessor.pl in the native tools bin build dir. I'm not sure we overwrite it if it exists
This was a fresh git clone of master (twice actually) so I will check that native folder and let you know.  Thanks for your help.

Martin
Here is what the Makefile is using

CCAS = --tag CC /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/x86_64-darwin18.7.0-native/bin/gas-preprocessor.pl  /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch arm64

The only file in the kodi folder is so I am not see it being used.

./kodi/tools/depends/native/gas-preprocessor/gas-preprocessor.pl

In /Users/Shared (not sure how it is made) I see  the following and the appletvos12.2 folder doesn't include this file.

_auto-target-debug
x86_64-darwin18.6.0-native
appletvos12.2_arm64-target-debug
x86_64-darwin18.7.0-native
macosx10.13_x86_64-target-debug
xbmc-tarballs
macosx10.14_x86_64-target-debug

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compiling dependencies for Kodi TVOS0