Linux No audio stream on DVD
I don't watch many DVDs, so it's taken a few months to discover this problem after updating to Leia.

My system is Ubuntu 20.10, fully up to date, no problems.

My Kodi problem is that DVDs have no audio stream. Not just no sound, but no audio stream at all. Trying to toggle stream tells me that there are zero audio streams.

All other video files (Avi etc) on the HD play fine in Kodi and I can toggle audio streams where they have multiple. My digital amp will play whether 2 or more audio channels.

DVDs play fine in VLC.

Therefore the problem is definitely in Kodi.

The last time I tried a DVD was probably over a year ago and that was fine.

I can't find any other settings to try in Kodi. I can't find any other posts with the same problem.

Any suggestions?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Thank you

https://paste.kodi.tv/vesefajoso.kodi
I saw what looks like a ffmpeg warning so checked all of the backend stuff was correctly installed, still the same.

https://paste.kodi.tv/ifaxasavag.kodi
"Starting Kodi from Debian (18.8 Debian package version: 2:18.8+dfsg1-2). Platform: Linux x86 64-bit"
We don't support the debianized version, please try with one of our PPAs
I added the PPA, removed and reinstalled Kodi and now it works. I can't imagine why there would be a difference given the challenges of getting a package into the official repos. Many thanks for taking a look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No audio stream on DVD0