Solved Stacked DVD ISOs -- what is expected behavior?
Hello-
I was wondering what the expected behavior for stacked dvd ISOs is.

Using, as example, Gettysburg - a movie that spans multiple disk isos - I would expect or want dvd2 iso to start after dvd1 is finished, automatically.

But that doesn't appear to happen.  Instead, you get returned to the DVD1 menu.  Then you have to stop that dvd iso, and use context menu to select 'play part' then select '2', in order to play the second iso.

I suppose if you were watching a normal DVD, it would return to the menu and you'd have to enter the next dvd and go through it's menu.. so perhaps this happens by design / automatically.

Either way, I wanted to ask what the expected behavior is.

I've verified the movies are stacked, and have logs of playback showing this happen with debug on, if anyone is interested.  See https://paste.kodi.tv/petaxarepo.kodi

Proof these are stacked:

Code:

[kodiuser@kodiarch Database]$ sqlite3 MyVideos116.db  'select * from files where files.strFilename like "%gettys%";'
8436|1663|stack://nfs://192.168.11.10/mnt/store/public/cjs/Videos/dvdswap/Multi_Disc_Movies/Gettysburg_(1993)/Gettysburg_(1993)dvd1.iso , nfs://192.168.11.10/mnt/store/public/cjs/Videos/dvdswap/Multi_Disc_Movies/Gettysburg_(1993)/Gettysburg_(1993)dvd2.iso|||2018-07-14 09:44:47
[kodiuser@kodiarch Database]$
See warning here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...ideo_Files
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-29, 09:28)Karellen Wrote: See warning here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_file...ideo_Files

Thank you, Karellen-
I'd seen that warning, and read the bug-  this is a different question.  The bug indicates that stacking did not work at all- and the movie was not added to the library- however, my stacking is working (see code in initial post).  Also, the bug provides a workaround for naming that will make stacking work.

That doesn't describe the expected behavior tho..
(2020-12-29, 09:33)thenextdon13 Wrote: The bug indicates that stacking did not work at all-
Yea, I did not read your full post, only the first couple of lines Smile

Part of the Stacking feature is the transition and uninterrupted playback of subsequent parts. This is broken also. The whole feature should be considered broken. Also, I don't know how a full disk ISO is supposed to work in this case as Kodi has no idea of what part to play if the iSO is full of Extras.

Convert your ISO to mkv's then either stitch the two parts together or use the file stacking feature.

I recommend stitching the two files as this is what I have done without any issue. If you don't know how to do that, let me know.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-29, 10:02)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-29, 09:33)thenextdon13 Wrote: The bug indicates that stacking did not work at all-
Yea, I did not read your full post, only the first couple of lines Smile

Part of the Stacking feature is the transition and uninterrupted playback of subsequent parts. This is broken also. The whole feature should be considered broken. Also, I don't know how a full disk ISO is supposed to work in this case as Kodi has no idea of what part to play if the iSO is full of Extras.

Convert your ISO to mkv's then either stitch the two parts together or use the file stacking feature.

I recommend stitching the two files as this is what I have done without any issue. If you don't know how to do that, let me know.

Thank you for updating this -- Understood. 
I think i'll just keep em as is for now- i know how to play the next.  Thank you for offering help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stacked DVD ISOs -- what is expected behavior?0