v18 Cant retrieve metadata except if i force a "reload"
Hi guys,

Im trying the excellent aeon mq8 skin in libreelec (leia 9.2), and i get a little problem. When i browse my medias (films for example), i just have a part of metadatas :

i have to go into the film properties, and then do a manual "reload" :

The system said to me that he founds something in local and propose to get information from internet instead, then i click "yes" :

And after that, i can access to the full datas of the film, so i'm obliged to do that for every medias....

Is this the normal behaviour ? or do i miss something into parameters ?
Its like kodi found local datas and dont try to "overwrite" it automatically
How are you initially scraping your movies? Are you using NFO files, or are you using a scraper?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Im pretty new to this kind of stuff but i think i do :

i got some add-on 'extension' called = tvdb and the movie database that i already set up

inside shared folders (synology nas), there are already .nfo for each files
(2020-12-29, 22:20)bobaxx Wrote: inside shared folders (synology nas), there are already .nfo for each files
Then there is most likely a problem with your nfo files. Where did they come from? Which media manager did you use?

Post the contents of one of your nfo files to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link and I can check it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The biggest .nfo has been generated by the nas, another part has been generated by my (with filebot node package on the nas)

Here is a content of one .nfo :

https://paste.kodi.tv/rulekozubo.kodi

i was thinking about right access too, but i did a dedicated synology user that has read&write access to those folders
Your nfo files are not Kodi compatible.

Delete your NFO files and scan using this scraper for movies... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:The_Movie_Database_Python
My Signature
Ok thx

but sometimes, i still used ds video and ds audio, am i going to get the same problem on the nas side if he isnt compatible with new .nfo files ?
I am not familiar with either of those, but nfo files are created for each software. There is not a "one nfo file for all software"

So what works with ds video will not work correctly with Kodi, and most likely what works with Kodi will not work with ds video.

You need to decide which application is the most important for you to get right and then create the correct nfo files for that application knowing it won't work correctly with the other application.
My Signature
Thx for the explanation

I was thinking that .nfo files will be more "generic" across different devices, because data's are often retrieved from same sites (tvdb, moviedb)

I had an old instance of jellyfin and emby (for testing), im pretty sure that those 2 applications create the biggest part of the .nfo files too, because ds video got his own database, i remove all .nfo from folders now ds video and kodi are now scanning well and working on their own.

Thx !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cant retrieve metadata except if i force a "reload"0