Play DVD Files with double klick + Open Folder when klicking on Menu
Hello
Have a great 2021.
Amber is really cool.
- Is there a way to start dvd file with double klicking to the parent folder instead of right klicking and chosing play?
- can I configure a menu so that a folder view is shown and not tags or labels. I do want just see the folders of the connected HD.
Thank you
Heinrichxx
(2021-01-01, 00:21)Heinrichxx Wrote: Hello
Have a great 2021.
Amber is really cool.
- Is there a way to start dvd file with double klicking to the parent folder instead of right klicking and chosing play?
- can I configure a menu so that a folder view is shown and not tags or labels. I do want just see the folders of the connected HD.
Thank you
Heinrichxx
@Heinrichxx , thanks for you kind words, and I hope you have a great 2021 as well.

I am not sure what you mean on the first one, could you please post a screenshot that shows the issue, or if it is functionality you have seen on another skin, could you please tell me which one?

As for the second one, if you use the view type "Simple List", I think you will get what you want.  Like this:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bsoriano
Well actually I do not have tried with other skins.

My goal is to double click on the folder where the dvd-files resides and that kodi/skin realizes that it is a dvd file folder and starts the dvd.

For the second is there a way without having simple lists. I mean still having the menu but when I click on the Menu "Film" than that the folder
with all the movies opens?

Greetings

Heinrichxx
(2021-01-01, 19:35)Heinrichxx Wrote: Hi Bsoriano

My goal is to double click on the folder where the dvd-files resides and that kodi/skin realizes that it is a dvd file folder and starts the dvd.

For the second is there a way without having simple lists. I mean still having the menu but when I click on the Menu "Film" than that the folder

Greetings

Heinrichxx
How do I enable Subshelfes on the menustructur they are not show.

Greetings

Heinrichxx
@Heinrichxx , I do not know how to do what you want with dvd's; that is not something that a skin does.

For the second, what I am understanding is that you have a folder with movies that you want to just open, but you do not want to scan those movies into the library.  Here are the steps to create a new menu item that opens a folder with movies in it.  You first have to add the folder as a source in Kodi.

So, for this example, I am going to add the source "Adventure" as a menu item.  

First, go to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, and choose "Customize Home Menu and Shelves".

Then, add a new menu item:

Then, click con "Choose Item for Menu":

Then, choose "Video Library":

Then, choose "Sources":

Then, choose your source.  In this case, I am choosing "Adventure":

Then, choose "Create Menu Item to Here":

Then, choose Files View:

And then, you can just go back to the main menu (press Back or Esc several times), and the menu will be reconfigured.  As you can see below, now I have a new menu item called "Adventure"

And when I click it, I get something like this:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  While this will open the folder with the movies, I suggest you scan your movies into the library (create a source of type movies, add all of your movie folders to it, and scan it into your library).  That way, when you click "Movies", you will get a list of all of your movies, with all the relevant info, including artwork.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-01, 19:53)Heinrichxx Wrote:

Greetings

Heinrichxx
How do I enable Subshelfes on the menustructur they are not show.
@Heinrichxx , I am not sure I understand your question.  Do you mean submenu items? Can you please post a screenshot that shows the issue? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Hello
I encoded the DVD Files with Handbrake. Works great.
Just to get more into it. Do you have any instructions for the AMBER Skin any instructions
how to create Playlists, Smart Playlists and Favorites.
Regards
Heinrichxx
(2021-01-01, 23:11)bsoriano Wrote:

Greetings

Heinrichxx
@Heinrichxx , I do not know how to do what you want with dvd's; that is not something that a skin does.

For the second, what I am understanding is that you have a folder with movies that you want to just open, but you do not want to scan those movies into the library.  Here are the steps to create a new menu item that opens a folder with movies in it.  You first have to add the folder as a source in Kodi.

So, for this example, I am going to add the source "Adventure" as a menu item.  

First, go to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, and choose "Customize Home Menu and Shelves".

Then, add a new menu item:

Then, click con "Choose Item for Menu":

Then, choose "Video Library":

Then, choose "Sources":

Then, choose your source.  In this case, I am choosing "Adventure":

Then, choose "Create Menu Item to Here":

Then, choose Files View:

And then, you can just go back to the main menu (press Back or Esc several times), and the menu will be reconfigured.  As you can see below, now I have a new menu item called "Adventure"

And when I click it, I get something like this:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  While this will open the folder with the movies, I suggest you scan your movies into the library (create a source of type movies, add all of your movie folders to it, and scan it into your library).  That way, when you click "Movies", you will get a list of all of your movies, with all the relevant info, including artwork.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart 

Thank you very much

Heinrichxx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play DVD Files with double klick + Open Folder when klicking on Menu0