Replace Colons with bug in TV Show rename
I noticed that when you select the replace colons with Option under TV Show Rename section
that if you set it for a Under-bar it works as expected and replaces the colon with _
But if you set it for a Space it removes the colon not replace it.
But if you set it for a hyphen it adds a space in front of the hyphen and leave the space after the hyphen.

You can see this clearly when you turn on replace space in filenames with _
So each one works different and only one just replaces the colon.
I would be nice just to let the use enter what to replace the Colon with, like nothing, space, -, _

I had always replaced the colon with a Hyphen - in other rename software but when doing that in TMM i get,
CSI - Cyber - S01E01 - Title
I now have four items separated by _-_
instead of three items separated by _-_
CSI- Cyber - S01E01 - Title
this is not a bug - this is intentional. See the two parts of the typography I searched for you:

Colon:
Quote:In print, a thin space was traditionally placed before a colon and a thick space after it. In modern English-language printing, no space is placed before a colon and a single space is placed after it.

Dash:
Quote:In most uses of en dashes, such as when used in indicating ranges, they are closed up to the joined words. It is only when en dashes take the role of em dashes – for example, in setting off parenthetical statements such as this one – that they take spaces around them.

so as you see: in almost ALL cases a space is placed after a colon, but according to the typography rules of dashes you either put them _without_ any space or with dashes to both ends. So when replacing the colon with a dash the most logical solution is to put a space before the dash...

Apart from that it also looks nicer
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Replace Colons with bug in TV Show rename0