Editing a TV/Timer creates a new Timer entry while also keeping the old Timer entry
Actually I am back on my development machine and I think I see what is going on.  I missed a commit last week so I was using different code then you were testing.  Could your try here https://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/kodi-pvr/job...ob/PR-157/ (files are changed now)

Martin
(2021-01-03, 05:05)emveepee Wrote: Actually I am back on my development machine and I think I see what is going on.  I missed a commit last week so I was using different code then you were testing.  Could your try here https://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/kodi-pvr/job...ob/PR-157/ (files are changed now)

Martin
Martin, now that I've replaced the zip file with the new one (Build PR-157-36db5d1), it appears that the problem has gone away.  Whatever was changed, it looks like it fixed the issue.  I'm no longer getting duplicate Timer entries anymore when I edit an entry.

Since I'm still new to using Kodi and NextPVR, here's another newbie question: Is it 'safe' (relatively speaking) to continue using the updated zip file that you provided?  Or will that code be incorporated into one of the Kodi v19 Matrix nightly builds?  If so, when would that happen; and when should I try downloading and installing one of the nightly builds to see if the problem is still fixed in that build?
Yes sorry for the confusion, I've been using this for a couple of weeks and I think 8.0.3 is better than 8.0.2 and I know other users are also using it (without that latest fix)  You got the file from the Kodi build system, and if the code reviews go through it will be out soon "officially"

Thanks for your help in tracking this down.

Martin
@Tom-R as a followup the version you are testing was approved for released and will be available 8.0.3 for all Matrix users shortly.  Thanks again for your help on this.

Martin
Martin, thanks also for your guidance (and Karellen's too) in how to get and post the debug logs.  Being new to Kodi and the forum here, I appreciate the help.

Tom

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Editing a TV/Timer creates a new Timer entry while also keeping the old Timer entry0