Why No Extra Fanart?
No matter what I do, fanart1, fanart2, fanart3 etc. no longer scrape and get added in my movie folders.  Only a single fanart.  This was not always the case using many builds of Matrix in the past.  Something changed in the last month or so and it wasn't anything I've done afaik. 

I know plenty of other fanarts are available because I see them when I navigate to 'choose art' and then select 'fanart'.  However, there are no selections for fanart1, fanart2, etc. even though they exist in my advancedsettings.xml?  So I've also manually entered fanart1, fanart2, etc. in Settings/Media/Videos/Artwork in my quest to solve whatever magically happened making this useless now.  Now that I can actually navigate to fanart1 and choose artwork , all I'm presented with is 'None' or 'Browse'?  Shouldn't I be presented with all the same fanart I previously saw when simply navigating to the 'fanart' selection?  Not that anything should need manual input.  It should still be automated (with the ability to edit).

I'm using 2021-Jan-01 Matrix presently but this has been a problem for many builds prior as well.  I've went as far as installing Leia 18.9 thinking it was a new build of Matrix problem only.  The problem still persists.  I've tried all the different scrapers Kodi offers including the 'get more'.  I've installed fresh starting from scratch thinking I myself have unknowingly screwed something up in my customization.  I've made sure the whitelist entries are in a fresh advancedsettings.xml as well as using my old one.  Still no extra fanart scrapes, appears, is offered nor is auto added to my newly added movie folders as it did in the past with no problems. 

I wouldn't know what else to even try after doing a fresh install with a new AppData\Roaming\Kodi created in my first Kodi run?  I see no other complaints.  That completely baffles me and leads me to believe this problem is exclusive to me.  This makes no sense?  I'm hoping it does to someone else and why I've sought help.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2021-01-02, 22:22)brazen1 Wrote: No matter what I do, fanart1, fanart2, fanart3 etc. no longer scrape and get added in my movie folders
No scraper has ever scraped extra fanart. I think I may have mentioned this before. I can only assume you are using an add-on to do this, though I don't know which one.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm not using any add-on?  I don't understand?  Last Sept or so, extrafanart simply stopped being added to my movie folders when I added a new rip.  It was prior to that.  Therefor, they also stopped appearing when browsing my library.  My skin allows me to rotate extrafanart.  Now you state extrafanart has never been scraped.  That makes absolutely no sense?  How on earth are my movie folders populated with various fanart, fanart1, fanart2, fanart3, fanart4, fanart5, fanart6 and fanart7 files?  I have no add-on.  I simply use universal movie scraper and set Kodi to scan my files when it starts.  That's it. 

That said, what is the purpose of 

<movieextraart>
            <arttype>keyart</arttype>
            <arttype>banner</arttype>
            <arttype>clearart</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart1</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart2</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart3</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart4</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart5</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart6</arttype>
            <arttype>fanart7</arttype>
            <arttype>discart</arttype>
            <arttype>clearlogo</arttype>
            <arttype>characterart</arttype>
            <arttype>characterart1</arttype>
            <arttype>landscape</arttype>
            <arttype>animatedposter</arttype>
            <arttype>animatedkeyart</arttype>
        </movieextraart>

I should also add, every single one of those art types above is scraped and added into my recent movie rip folders.  All of them except fanart1, fanart2, etc.  I can't possibly have an add-on doing this for me because I have no Kodi folder in my Windows roaming folder.  I removed the original.  I then start Kodi Matrix.  It creates a brand new Kodi folder.  It's a fresh install.  I simply add my movie folder and scan it in.  I make no other adjustments in Kodi at all except to install the Kodi Log File add-on so I can post it here.

paste.kodi.tv/mupujobeja
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2021-01-04, 21:53)brazen1 Wrote: Last Sept or so, extrafanart simply stopped being added to my movie folders when I added a new rip.
Nothing in Kodi automatically scrapes fanart1, fanart2 etc. I honestly have no idea where they are coming from. If anybody else knows, please reveal this well kept secret Smile

Not even Artwork Beef does this. Read the third last faq here... https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwor...erdetails/

If you can roll back to a version of Kodi that worked, and capture the scraping of fanart in a log, I should be able to easily spot where they are coming from if they are coming from Kodi.

To use fanart1, fanart2, you need to save your images to the movie folder and let Kodi scan them.

The purpose of the advancedsettings.xml is to whitelist the artwork you want scanned. Not everybody wants every piece of artwork imaginable cached, especially those using low powered, low storage devices. All this has changed for v19 and those settings are no longer required as you can set them in the settings pages of Kodi. Though if you still have them in the advancedsettings.xml file, Kodi v19 will read them and automatically adjust the new settings for you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I appreciate your help but there is no well kept secret?  Artwork Beef has absolutely nothing to do with this?  I don't have it installed.  I haven't used it for over a year since installing v.19 which AB is not compatible with.  This problem started with new python scraping added months ago.  Ever since, it broke whatever the well kept secret was I guess?  This is most likely why when I do roll back, it still doesn't work like it did in the past.  Something has changed and I don't know what except perhaps the newer python way.  I don't know of anything else devs might have done?  That's just a guess that seems to coordinate with when the problem began.  I have tried many attempts to roll back to when all of this wasn't a problem so I myself could narrow down the culprit. 

I know you are telling me it couldn't have worked in the past anymore than the present but I'm telling you it did.  I have NEVER manually added any art.  NEVER.  Artwork has ALWAYS magically appeared in my library after a new title scans in and all of them are also deposited into my movie folders including extrafanart... and now I miss them.  Thankfully, all the other artworks are still auto added... just not the extrafanarts.  Are you telling me that you nor anyone else ever had extrafanart without manually adding them yourselves?  I can't be that lucky?

This still doesn't make any sense for why I see dozens of 'fanart' when I navigate to 'choose art' and then select 'fanart'.  But, when I navigate to 'choose art' and then select fanart1... nothing appears except 'none' or 'browse'.  Clearly there should be something to select since there are dozens of available fanart.

@rmrector brazen1 and I have been discussing this issue for a number of months. Can you shed any light on where his extrafanart is coming from?

@brazen1 rmrector is the main developer for artwork in Kodi. It may take him a while to respond as he is away a lot, but hopefully he can provide the answers we are both seeking Smile
My Signature
@brazen1 You are describing things that Kodi does not do by itself, not Kodi 19 nor earlier. What you describe sounds like Artwork Beef on Kodi 18, perhaps with a skin that replaces Kodi's built-in "Choose art" dialog window with one from Artwork Beef.

I don't know of any automatic way to add multiple fanart to new items for the Matrix library, not Kodi by itself nor with add-ons. Multiple fanart is an experimental feature enabled by Kodi's flexibility, but Kodi doesn't support it directly in any meaningful way - 'fanart2' is a different art type than 'fanart', they don't share a "Choose art" list.
@brazen1 Yup, I re-loaded the add-on to top up my collection. What skin are you entertaining?
(2021-01-19, 00:46)rmrector Wrote: What you describe sounds like Artwork Beef
Ok.  No chance of using multiple fanarts anymore  Sad  I will continue to hope one day an add-on or Kodi become flexible to do this once again because honestly I've grown accustomed to their visual benefit when analyzing my library.

I did use AB in the past prior to Matrix pulling multi fanarts and it was hands off automated because of the Kodi and AB settings I chose.  I installed v19 on top of v18 a year ago fwiw.  It was then I discovered AB isn't compatible with Matrix and would no longer function but I left it installed understanding the lack of dependencies made it useless while hoping it updated at some point.  I've always used Aeon Nox 5 Silvo. 

I know I've added many titles using Matrix that somehow continued to d/l multi fanarts.  That discontinued around Sept 2019 out of the blue.  I determined this by sorting my collection by date and seeing which had extrafanart and which didn't.  All titles added using Matrix prior to Sept 2019 somehow downloaded extrafanart and populated my individual movie folders filling the fanart, fanart1, fanart2, etc. advancedsettings.xml code.  I don't know how after reading various replies that this can't possibly be? 

The more I think about it, perhaps I did a system image restore that was old enough to have Kodi v18 open long enough to process using AB and I didn't realize it at the time.  I honestly can't remember that happening but I know I do system restores once in a blue moon.  That's the only thing that could explain it.    Thank you all for your expert input helping me understand this little dilemma.

(2021-01-19, 18:21)brazen1 Wrote: Ok.  No chance of using multiple fanarts anymore
Looks the case with Matrix atm: although I use T! with Leia, and that capability is executed within the skin settings but is related to 'extrafanart' cycling. Looks like I'm stuck with a plethora of useless art folders. Loading up all that artwork in the background made the interface sluggish anyway, so it's not something I miss terribly. It would be nice if one of the spinners decided to implement an optional gui toggle to turn on an extra art slideshow or multiple posters on demand. For Matrix check out script.artwork.dump-master.zip on github perhaps you'll have better luck than I had.
What is T! ?  

Aeon Nox 5 Silvo has a skin option to rotate at selectable speeds a slideshow of extrafanart when present.
Artwork shouldn't be in folders like it use to be in the past.  They are individual loose files now based on advancedsetting.xml code.
I have an ancient but sophisticated system.  Nothing is sluggish despite all the artwork for me.
I did a google and github search for script.artwork.dump-master.zip.  I can't find anything.  Link?

The skin Transparency I'd guess.
(2021-01-19, 19:14)jjd-uk Wrote: skin Transparency
Transparency indeed, the link was purloined from this message. Artwork Dump... https://github.com/rmrector/script.artwork.dump I'm just in the first throws of finding out why Matrix crashes on one specific movie with AD, yet everything within looks jake.
Ahh.  Artwork dump.  Yes, I found this a while back and tried it.  It didn't scrape, pull, d/l anything.  I think what it did was speed up caching of what already existed is all.

I think as a workaround to auto populate extrafanart again, I will rename my existing v.19 Roaming/Kodi folder, install Kodi v.18, copy a backed up v.18 Roaming/Kodi folder (or create a fresh one once v.18 loads), and let AB populate my individual movie folders.  Once it's done it's thing, rename Roaming/Kodi v.18 folder and put v.19 back in to use.  Then reinstall v.19 and extrafanart (being available now) will appear and work as intended.  I'd only do this after enough videos had been added to make it worth while.  I bet the whole process would take less than 10 mins.

(2021-01-19, 19:39)brazen1 Wrote: I bet the whole process would take less than 10 mins.
How much do you want to bet Smile

Looks like I'll have to use AB to de-populate my TV fanarts (which have all gone blocky) and then re-establish that artwork.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why No Extra Fanart?0