Backgrounds/Vertical Menu
Hi

I have managed to remove the Amber background or replace it with a black screen everywhere except on the main menu when I'm playing music. It has an album cover, and now playing, and the amber bubbles background. Is there any way to configure Amber so that this background is also blank/black?

I run an older version of Kodi, 17, on another box, and wanted to use Amber there too, however I can't seem to find the option to list menu items vertically. Is that option available running Kodi 17?

Thanks
(2021-01-04, 08:15)Tstrbl Wrote: Hi

I have managed to remove the Amber background or replace it with a black screen everywhere except on the main menu when I'm playing music. It has an album cover, and now playing, and the amber bubbles background. Is there any way to configure Amber so that this background is also blank/black?

I run an older version of Kodi, 17, on another box, and wanted to use Amber there too, however I can't seem to find the option to list menu items vertically. Is that option available running Kodi 17?

Thanks
@Tstrbl , Happy New Year!

Thanks for your feedback.  I will include those changes for music now playing (and video now playing) in the next skin version.  With now playing enabled (you can disable it of course), it should look like this:

Please make sure that you have selected a black background as the default background in Amber settings (one is included now) and your settings for backgrounds look like this:

I think this achieves what you are looking for.  Please confirm that it is indeed so.

As for Kodi Krypton, unfortunately Amber 3.2.x does not work in Kodi Krypton.  I am using many feautres of the Kodi skinning engine that were introduced with Leia.  

Regards,

Bart
Thank you, happy new year to you too.

And thanks again for responding to my question.

I had already configured backgrounds as you suggest but the now playing screen still has the amber bumbles background...
(2021-01-05, 03:03)Tstrbl Wrote: Thank you, happy new year to you too.

And thanks again for responding to my question.

I had already configured backgrounds as you suggest but the now playing screen still has the amber bumbles background...

@Tstrbl, please try version 3.2.122, it is already in the Amber repo. I fixed the background for now playing. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Excellent, thank you so much. Backgrounds in now playing are now black. Looks good.

I have to say once again that I am so impressed with way you are so willing to improve the skin, listen to feedback. Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backgrounds/Vertical Menu0