PVR Manager running slow
Hi everyone, new here in the Kodi world! So I have an xbox one S and I installed Kodi for streaming iptv. The setup went well, I enter my infos for m3u playlist and epg. First time starting Kodi, it took about 45 minutes before any program showed up and in my opinion it is not normal. The PVR Manager starts and take forever to load up. And if I close Kodi for a minute and re-open it, then this process starts over again. So, I spend more time watching the PVR manager than the TV. Anyone faced this issue before or am I alone in that boat?

Thanks for any solution,

Claude
You should check how large the M3U and EPG files are.

Please also supply a full debug log. Instructions on how to do that are in my signature.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2021-01-05, 00:50)phunkyfish Wrote: You should check how large the M3U and EPG files are.

Please also supply a full debug log. Instructions on how to do that are in my signature.
Thanks for the reply, I also tried an app in the Microsoft store called MyIPTV player and it takes only few seconds to retreives the channels, EPG and start TV. I would prefer to use Kodi because of the Guide but that makes no sense to wait 45 minutes before watching TV. I will check on how to provide you with a log.

Thanks!
Yeah please add that log. I too am trying my iptv on different machines and apps, no one is near as slow as kodi I am afraid - too bad since kodi is the best interface. I have messed around with cache enabled/disabled, tried to reinstall the app. No success yet.
(2021-09-07, 08:13)ninecats Wrote: Yeah please add that log. I too am trying my iptv on different machines and apps, no one is near as slow as kodi I am afraid - too bad since kodi is the best interface. I have messed around with cache enabled/disabled, tried to reinstall the app. No success yet.

Remove the extra 15,000 channels you dont watch. Custom m3us are the only way to make them usable, in any client.
(2021-09-07, 09:26)KingChit Wrote:
(2021-09-07, 08:13)ninecats Wrote: Yeah please add that log. I too am trying my iptv on different machines and apps, no one is near as slow as kodi I am afraid - too bad since kodi is the best interface. I have messed around with cache enabled/disabled, tried to reinstall the app. No success yet.

Remove the extra 15,000 channels you dont watch. Custom m3us are the only way to make them usable, in any client.

Well, not entirely true, I use the very same IPTV package on several other apps and medias (phone, computer, shield) and it takes max one minut to losd, and Kodi is actually the only program where this happens - soo annoying since the interface is killer.
(2021-09-07, 22:44)ninecats Wrote:
(2021-09-07, 09:26)KingChit Wrote:

Well, not entirely true, I use the very same IPTV package on several other apps and medias (phone, computer, shield) and it takes max one minut to losd, and Kodi is actually the only program where this happens - soo annoying since the interface is killer.

I meant for several reasons, but mainly because provider m3us that large are useless.

You watch channels from more than 2-3 countries? Is the EPG even semi complete? (yeah, right!)
VOD, trim it at a very minimum for kodi. Thats probably the majority of your providers list.

Imagin how fast the little tivimate apks would be with a 100k m3u vs 60-100mb!
There will be a new feature in nexus kodi that will treat VOD like read only recordings. Should help clean things up for users.

But it will make little difference if you still have 15000 channels.

There are many providers that allow you to create a favourite list so you don’t need to manage the M3U separately.
(2021-09-08, 10:50)phunkyfish Wrote: There will be a new feature in nexus kodi that will treat VOD like read only recordings. Should help clean things up for users.

There are many providers that allow you to create a favourite list so you don’t need to manage the M3U separately.

Thank you for all your contributions to kodi, you're rockin it man! Alot of PVR stuff being brought current, its awesome.Thanks!

Edit: I've seen the bug report on GH but will VOD be via the epg or library?
(2021-09-08, 10:50)phunkyfish Wrote: There will be a new feature in nexus kodi that will treat VOD like read only recordings. Should help clean things up for users.

Sounds good!

For the record @KingChit I’ve tried to vaccuum clean my list, left it at a little over 100 channels and still around 8-10 minutes to load.
(2021-09-08, 23:11)ninecats Wrote:

Sounds good!

For the record @KingChit I’ve tried to vaccuum clean my list, left it at a little over 100 channels and still around 8-10 minutes to load.

There is something weird happening there. 100 channels should not cause an issue. Do you still have the full EPG or did you trim that too? If you want to send me M3U/epg privately to test please do so via gitter.
(2021-09-08, 15:23)KingChit Wrote:

Thank you for all your contributions to kodi, you're rockin it man! Alot of PVR stuff being brought current, its awesome.Thanks!

Edit: I've seen the bug report on GH but will VOD be via the epg or library?

It will be via PVR recordings. For iptv simple it will treat VOD as read only recordings.

Quote:8-10 minutes to load.
I don't know how powerful is Xbox One S compared to regular x86 HTPC (even dual-core AMDs from 2012!) but from our half-year experience of battle with PVR slowdown, there are several factors that contribute to the issue.

First, is amount of channels (including VOD). PVR aggressively cleans up channels that are "gone", and that's especially visible when the DVR recordings get removed from M3U playlist. @ksooo and @phunkyfish made a lot of improvements in v19 and v20 master for it, but only "treat VOD as recordings" setting reduced the regular load time for me from 5+ minutes to 1 minute or even less.

Second issue, is overall computing power. Especially I/O subsystem. In the beginning of our work I experienced 40(forty!!!) minutes of constant HDD legwork with nearly hung Kodi. Switching to SSD might help, but v20 helps better.
Quote:It will be via PVR recordings.
Full disclosure: treating VOD as recordings was my idea to resolve the VOD load times and now it looks like this (in Yatse remote)

In Kodi PVR UI, it is also possible to display the recording list as a hierarchical tree of series / seasons / episodes.
I will screenshot it when I get access to the living room Smile
Maintainer of Kodi from Debian | Got an issue with Kodi from Debian? Report it here: Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
VOD as recordings will be a Nexus only feature and is not available yet.
(2021-09-09, 00:06)phunkyfish Wrote:
(2021-09-08, 23:11)ninecats Wrote:

Sounds good!

There is something weird happening there. 100 channels should not cause an issue. Do you still have the full EPG or did you trim that too? If you want to send me M3U/epg privately to test please do so via gitter.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Manager running slow0