Android Force hardware decrypt on android TV
Video 
Hello, happy new year! sorry if this is not the right place but I need some clarification about how the decryption process is performed when input stream.adaptive is used.

I just bought a phillips ambilight android tv (it should have an arm cortex 53). Kodi seems to work great in all use cases I have tested so far, the only problem I came across is with encrypted streams (widevine DRM).

In particular I'm experiencing stuttering with this plugin: https://github.com/luivit/plugin.video.rivedila7
Unfortunately there is no android app for this channel, so my only chance is kodi app for android.

As far i can see the stuttering only occurs with live stream (unencrypted on demand streams work just fine). The stuttering gets more visible with the highest resolution (960x540, 1.7 Mbs).
My guess is that decryption is performed in software and the processor is no able to keep up with it (in fact I can see no problem with kodi on a pi4 which has a more beefy processor).

Can you clarify if this is a limitation of the video plugin itself, inputstream.adaptive or kodi? Is there any configuration i can modify to force hardware decryption (which the tv is perfectly capable of)? If it is not possible at the moment is there any plan to implement it?

Thank you in advance for the clarification.
the plugin must implement calling inputstream, like e.g. netflix and prime video plugins do, it's not "automagically" done.
(2021-01-06, 09:16)wsnipex Wrote: the plugin must implement calling inputstream, like e.g. netflix and prime video plugins do, it's not "automagically" done.

Hello, do you have any resource on how to pick the correct decrypted?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force hardware decrypt on android TV0