Pause Timestrip on Video Playback
I don't know if this is something which Amber can remedy, but if so, it is a much desired option for me.

During video playback, when you press pause, metadata appears, the film poster, the file characteristics, title, director, year etc, which you can remove by pressing the go back button. However, the time strip at the top remains. Is there any way to create an option to peelback the timestrip too, perhaps after a second tap on the go back button or in some other way? I'd love to be able to examine a clean video still...I do a lot of film analysis and although the strip at the top is better than Estuary it is still invasive.

If this is outsite the scope of Amber, then no problem, just a thought.
Thanks again.
(2021-01-06, 01:49)Tstrbl Wrote: I don't know if this is something which Amber can remedy, but if so, it is a much desired option for me.

During video playback, when you press pause, metadata appears, the film poster, the file characteristics, title, director, year etc, which you can remove by pressing the go back button. However, the time strip at the top remains. Is there any way to create an option to peelback the timestrip too, perhaps after a second tap on the go back button or in some other way? I'd love to be able to examine a clean video still...I do a lot of film analysis and although the strip at the top is better than Estuary it is still invasive.

If this is outsite the scope of Amber, then no problem, just a thought.
Thanks again.

@Tstrbl, thanks for your feedback. I had not thought about that use case before. I think this is doable from the skin side of things. I will add this to my To-do.

Regards,

Bart
@Tstrbl , if you are comfortable updating the skin from GitHub, I have made the changes to hide the seekbar when video is paused.  When the new setting is enabled, the seek bar will hide after 5 seconds.  It seemed to me that was a reasonable amount of time.  Will that time suit you? I do not plan on making the time configurable.  You can find the new setting here:

You can download from GitHub here: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.../tree/Leia.  Use the green "Code" button and download a zip file.  You can then install this in Kodi through Addons, Addon Browser, Install from zip file.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Installed and tested the change. The 5s delay before the seek bar disappears is perfect.

However, the new setting has had a side effect. When the "Hide seek bar when paused" is selected, and I try to seek a point in the film forwards or backwards, the seek bar no longer appears at all. I like to see the seek bar when I'm seeking so that I know how far I've jumped and where I am in the film. Is it possible to keep the seek bar visible when seeking but still make it disappear after 5s when paused?

Thank you again for making these changes for me. It really is improving my viewing experience enormously.
(2021-01-07, 06:40)Tstrbl Wrote: Installed and tested the change. The 5s delay before the seek bar disappears is perfect.

However, the new setting has had a side effect. When the "Hide seek bar when paused" is selected, and I try to seek a point in the film forwards or backwards, the seek bar no longer appears at all. I like to see the seek bar when I'm seeking so that I know how far I've jumped and where I am in the film. Is it possible to keep the seek bar visible when seeking but still make it disappear after 5s when paused?

Thank you again for making these changes for me. It really is improving my viewing experience enormously.

@Tstrbl, thanks for testing. I noticed the issue also. I will fix it today. I will let you know when it is ready for testing again.

Regards,

Bart
@Tstrbl , please test the latest from Git.  The seek bar should only disappear if the new setting is enabled and the video is paused.  It should show in all other instances.  Please let me know if this now fits your needs.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Bart

It works perfectly; can seek using seek bar, but after 5s of pause, the bar disappears and I have a clean image to analyse. Thanks so much. This has been an enormous step forward.

I have a couple of other things. Would you prefer me to post other requests as separate threads or continue in this thread? You've already been extremely generous, so any other requests I make, please address them only if you have the time and inclination to do so. I am already very happy with the changes you have made for me.

Thanks again.
(2021-01-08, 02:18)Tstrbl Wrote: Bart

It works perfectly; can seek using seek bar, but after 5s of pause, the bar disappears and I have a clean image to analyse. Thanks so much. This has been an enormous step forward.

I have a couple of other things. Would you prefer me to post other requests as separate threads or continue in this thread? You've already been extremely generous, so any other requests I make, please address them only if you have the time and inclination to do so. I am already very happy with the changes you have made for me.

Thanks again.

@Tstrbl, I am glad it is working well for you. Please open a new thread for any other request, and by all means, make as many requests as you wish! The skin only gets better through users' requests.

Regards,

Bart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pause Timestrip on Video Playback0