Ignore different editions option for duplicates filter
If duplicates filter has an option "ignore if edition is different", that would be useful especially when you keep different editions of the same movie as separate movies.

BTW for managing multiple versions of the same movie, how about adopting tmm's own style?
I think most issues can be resolved if you put main movie file in its own folder and all other versions into a subfolder named "Versions" which is different from "Extras" subfolder.
For multi-movie folder, "-version" could be appended at the end of filename of other version files just like "-extra" can be added to extra files.
Then different versions can show up in the movie list unlike extra files that show up only in media files tab.
By sharing the same folder, other versions could use the same artwork as the main movie file unless having its own.
creating a dedicated folder for different "versions" may be a good idea (was also in my mind some weeks ago when I analyzed the multi version movie feature), but since there is _no_ standard for this I dropped the idea..
but maybe we just need to establish a "standard" and other may follow?

You can see the sum of my investigations in the close GitLab issue https://gitlab.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...ssues/1141
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
Yes. As long as it won't break any Kodi compatibility, I think tmm could have its own style. No reason tmm users have to suffer from the lack of standard.
Then if a standard arises among media centers, tmm could simply switch later.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ignore different editions option for duplicates filter0