CherryPy Update Warning
There's a new version of CherryPy (12.0.0) out (less than 24 hours ago as of the time of my posting) and it looks like it's dropping the Python 2 syntax for loading urlib3, which in turn causes Skin Helper Service to fail. I spent a good couple of hours I should have been sleeping tracking this down. If you start Kodi and get a black screen, but can hear the sounds of things moving if you press buttons, it's likely because CherryPy updated on you.

I would recommend keeping a copy of 11.0.1 handy and making sure to turn off auto-updates for CherryPy. You can get the installable zip file at the URL below.

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...e.cherrypy
Thanks for the headsup
(2021-01-09, 16:19)aerogems Wrote: There's a new version of CherryPy (12.0.0) out (less than 24 hours ago as of the time of my posting) and it looks like it's dropping the Python 2 syntax for loading urlib3, which in turn causes Skin Helper Service to fail. I spent a good couple of hours I should have been sleeping tracking this down. If you start Kodi and get a black screen, but can hear the sounds of things moving if you press buttons, it's likely because CherryPy updated on you.

I would recommend keeping a copy of 11.0.1 handy and making sure to turn off auto-updates for CherryPy. You can get the installable zip file at the URL below.

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...e.cherrypy
I see they pushed another update 12.0.1 is the bug fixed in that or does it still break it?

Thanks, UbuntuUser
I haven't checked to see if 12.0.1 fixes things. It took me an entire morning to track down the issue, so when I realized it was going to take more than 1-2 small changes to the code I just got things working and disabled all add-on updates.

My guess, is that this was a deliberate change. This wasn't just a minor typo, this was leaving out whole lines of code at multiple points, so suggests it was very much a deliberate action. But I can't seem to find any kind of changelog for the 12.0.1 update, so I don't know if they added Python 2.x support back in or not. I'll leave it to someone else to test, however. I'm just disabling add-on updates and am sitting on Kodi 18.9 unless mardukL or marcelveldt come back and update the classic Titan skin. My free time is limited and precious and I don't enjoy spending it trying to troubleshoot things like this, I hate the Netflix interface that is the only option for the only maintained version of Titan, so... yeah.
(2021-01-20, 19:13)aerogems Wrote: I haven't checked to see if 12.0.1 fixes things. It took me an entire morning to track down the issue, so when I realized it was going to take more than 1-2 small changes to the code I just got things working and disabled all add-on updates.

My guess, is that this was a deliberate change. This wasn't just a minor typo, this was leaving out whole lines of code at multiple points, so suggests it was very much a deliberate action. But I can't seem to find any kind of changelog for the 12.0.1 update, so I don't know if they added Python 2.x support back in or not. I'll leave it to someone else to test, however. I'm just disabling add-on updates and am sitting on Kodi 18.9 unless mardukL or marcelveldt come back and update the classic Titan skin. My free time is limited and precious and I don't enjoy spending it trying to troubleshoot things like this, I hate the Netflix interface that is the only option for the only maintained version of Titan, so... yeah.

I did install the 12.0.1 and it works with no issues.
(2021-02-12, 00:51)UbuntuUser Wrote:
(2021-01-20, 19:13)aerogems Wrote: I haven't checked to see if 12.0.1 fixes things. It took me an entire morning to track down the issue, so when I realized it was going to take more than 1-2 small changes to the code I just got things working and disabled all add-on updates.

I did install the 12.0.1 and it works with no issues.

Good to know. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CherryPy Update Warning0