• 122(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
Well, neither App nor Kodi shall crash. Are you sharing crash logs from your iPhone? With a crashlog I can look into the App issue. The Kodi crash you can report for sure. It shouldn’t crash whatever is going wrong on JSON.
On iPhone it just presents the error in the screenshot. App itself doesn’t actually crash.

I’ll work on doing the Xbox error reporting later. It’s a major hassle exporting the error log on that platform.
Ah, ok. The App doesn‘t crash. Good. What is the content shown in the App‘s error message?
The screenshot is on the previous page of this forum a few posts back. Does that give you enough info?
Sorry, had simply only focused on the text. Yes, it shows that the App requested the correct JSON command and then the Kodi server disconnected. This matches your description that the server crashed.

The JSON command is a very simple one and always uses "expert" (cannot be changed): 
JSON:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Settings.GetSections","params":{"level":"expert"}, "id":2}
Doesn’t seem like this issue is recieving any attention in the Xbox thread. This leaves my app installation in a vulnerable position as I utilize custom controls on the settings page.

If I delete the app I’m going to lose them and have no way to re-add them.

I was able to pull the actual error from the debug log and it seems it’s related to Output Samples.

Am I pretty much out of luck here?
Would be good to post a link to the debug log. Possibly this catches interest. Best is anyway to raise the issue in GitHub with description, way to reproduce and log. But even this might take some time to get someone looking at it. No chance for a rollback?
I did post a link to the log and even simply copied the actual error message into that thread as it was a single line.

Xbox doesn’t have much support as I think there is no active dev for it. Windows is even barely supported it seems.

Can’t rollback on Xbox. I guess it’s time to move on from that platform.

Can you share the proper protocol for submitting bug reports to GitHub? I’m really not familiar with that platform.
The error in the log points to audio engine as far as I can see. Not sure, if this really would cause the crash you see. On the feedback times, I just think that Kodi 21 migration requires quite some support for many users these days and the bandwidth is limited.

Just a question: Do you use a skin which got updated to support Kodi 21? If not, are you able to go back to the default?

On GitHub I will send you few comments later.
I just use the default skin. I have a pretty barebones installation. I think I only use two addins both of which are available on the default Kodi repository.

Yes I agree on the error. It’s clearly audio related. I used the error as a search term the other day and came to that conclusion aa well. Even on a hunch I tried switching the audio device in Kodi but that did not prevent the crash.
(post deleted by user)
(2024-02-15, 09:25)kambala Wrote:
(2024-02-15, 04:18)jcea Wrote: Translation mistake in the Spanish (Spain, es-es) translation.

you can suggest the translation yourself: https://kodi.weblate.cloud/projects/kodi...mote-main/

here's a manual: https://kodi.wiki/view/Translations

Apparently somebody updated the incorrect string ten months ago, but the changes are not incorporated to this project. At least not to the release 1.14, delivered to the App Store a month ago.

I just corrected a couple or three mistakes in the es_ES translation. I hope they are incorporated in the next release.

Thanks.
There was an update for es_es coming via automated PR last week -- only adding the translation for "Blurred cover". If you just changed the translation the last days, the next PR update might need another week. When using the TestFlight builds you should see the changes come in the next weeks, for sure being part of 1.15.
  • 122(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0