• 6(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
Sorry, I have no knowledge of how art was/is handled in this remote app. Does it do its own remote art look -up?  @howie-f could be interesting to know if that red clear logo is known to Kodi at all, check the art table in the music db for that artist, or use a JSON call.
(2021-02-04, 14:05)DaveBlake Wrote: could be interesting to know if that red clear logo is known to Kodi at all

no, red logo isn't in the art table of MyMusic72 (v18) / MyMusic82 (v19)... and i've never seen or chosen it in the skin (universal artist scraper with fanart.tv enabled)
but, for this particular artist i found the red clearlogo on fanart.tv.. so i assume the remote app fetches from there.
this is fine if you think of the app being used with older kodi versions. but would be better if it's only used as a fallback.
(2021-02-04, 15:10)howie-f Wrote: but, for this particular artist i found the red clearlogo on fanart.tv.. so i assume the remote app fetches from there.
this is fine if you think of the app being used with older kodi versions. but would be better if it's only used as a fallback.
I see code related to clearLogo which reads both "clearlogo" and "clearart" from "art". If "clearlogo" is not available it takes "clearart" as a fallback. Does the logo change when you click/touch it?
(2021-02-04, 21:55)Buschel Wrote: Does the logo change when you click/touch it?
nope, doesn't change anything.. Sad keeps ugly red even though app restarted, cache cleared, clearlogo touched and clicked, other artists played inbetween. weird..
i think a fallback from clearart to clearlogo is correct, because it‘s more likely you have a logo than ca.
​​​​​​​at least in my collection
(2021-02-04, 23:48)howie-f Wrote: nope, doesn't change anything.. Sad keeps ugly red even though app restarted, cache cleared, clearlogo touched and clicked, other artists played inbetween. weird..

i think a fallback from clearart to clearlogo is correct, because it‘s more likely you have a logo than ca.
at least in my collection
It seems the code which switches the logo between clearlogo and clearart is not reached anymore. Similar code (also not working anymore) is still implemented for the Repeat/Shuffle buttons. But there is a new implementation which takes care of the functionality.

Btw, I also found quite some other "dead" code in NowPlaying screen, which I locally removed. Will be good to clean up a bit when the release is out.
(2021-02-05, 08:18)Buschel Wrote: It seems the code which switches the logo between clearlogo and clearart is not reached anymore.
just a hint for you @Buschel .. when playing a movie i can switch between clearart and clearlogo for that movie in the "Now Playing" screen of the remote.
a finger tip switches between the two. (assuming "now playing" is the screen where i observe my current red / white - artist logo problem.).. maybe that's the piece of code you think isn't reached anymore. but only a wild guess.
don't worry too much about the artist logo. now that all core functionalities of the remote are working again, it's fine to ship it that way. i'm happy with it
I need to correct myself. The code is active and can be reached. And your are right: for movies I can also see this working. In fact, toggling the logo also works when playing music. But it only works if both "clearlogo" and "clearart" are available and loadable. Not sure yet, if availability or loadability is the problem here.
Build 2029:
- Use SystemFont for recording details
We're approaching the finish line! Great thanks to @Buschel for making this happen!

(2021-02-06, 12:36)Buschel Wrote: Build 2029:
- Use SystemFont for recording details
I can confirm that this fixes the last visible issue. Thanks @Buschel for taking care of the App!
(2021-02-06, 14:11)kambala Wrote: We're approaching the finish line! Great thanks to @Buschel for making this happen!
This is great news! Thanks @kambala for your patience and support with all the reviews. Looking forward to see 1.6 in AppStore, and of course continuing with the work. Smile
1.6 is already on the AppStore!
(2021-02-06, 20:16)kambala Wrote: 1.6 is already on the AppStore!
Just installed 1.6 from AppStore, works as expected. Great to see this update Smile
yej, my devices updating too
congrats @Buschel and thanks much
Thank you so much!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0