• 2(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
Thanks for feedback and for the flowers Smile

Can someone confirm "seek" is now working with Kodi19 setups? This fix is also in since build 1919.
(2021-01-09, 23:07)kambala Wrote: https://testflight.apple.com/join/VQkpfqDN

Please feel free to install beta version, provide feedback, report bugs etc. Always post build number you tested with!

Can we get change logs for the v1.6 currently on TestFlight and future beta versions? Just so we know what's changed or should be stress tested

Context:
It's not everyday I go and try to make Media > Library settings changes on my iOS app to notice it now crashes on iOS 14.1

Just a thought
Sure. From a user perspective:

v1.6:
- Stable on iOS14 (issue 99 and several forum threads)
- Supports new iPhones and iPads without Home button
- Optimized screen layout for new devices (issue 111 and issue 116)
- Changes UI buttons layout for sort and view
- Fixes seek for Kodi 19 (issue 95)

To make the update possible there were many changes "under the hood" which a user might not obviously recognize:

1. Migrated to new JSON implementation.
This fixed the main crashes observed with iOS14 which were reported in several forum threads and github issues. As this impacts sending/receiving/interpreting JSON commands it will be good to go through the commands / UI items which interact with Kodi server. This can be done via walking through the main screen, the tabs, selecting items from list of movies/shows/albums/titles and using playback commands.

2. Search massively reworked.
This was needed to get the App running when compiled with the current development environment. What is needed here is to walk through the search function in all main screen and tabs where this is possible, e.g. Music, Movies, TV Shows, Pictures, Live TV, Detailed Info screen, ... I am sure there are a few issues left here as I am already knowing a few (see below).

3. Screen layout, scaling for new devices.
For new iPhone and iPads there was quite some work done to use the new screen sizes and take care of layout for devices without Home button. What is needed here is to check if there are problems with screen elements not displayed as expected (e.g. banners not using full width, or banners being scaled up too much and cut). Also here are still a few issues known (see below).

Known issues:
- Collection View: even though searchbar should be hidden, it is sometimes shown.
- Collection View: when touching "/" in the index bar, the list scrolls too far up
- Collection View: on iPads only one columns of album covers is shown (issue 122)
- Searchbar: after scrolling the list during an active search you cannot close the search via "Cancel". You need to re-enter the main screen.
- Kodi19 support: posters are not shown proplerly (issue 96 and issue 88)
basically every aspect of the app must be tested because of huge internal changes
Build 1939:
- Fix for album not shown when entering via list on played / non-played albums
- Fix for manually added buttons not showing
- Fix for collection view only showing 1 column on iPad (issue 122)
Build 1968:
- Updated German translation and overlay images
- Fix for poster not shown with Kodi 19 (issue 96)
- Fix for posters instead of banners were shown (issue 88)
- Fix wrong message position for iPhone settings menu (issue 125)
- Hide SearchBar in CollectionView also when this is the last mode
- Fix CollectionView jumping to a wrong position after pushing "/" in the index bar
- Enable loading "Details" from list (e.g. list of albums) via longpress actions for all languages (was only working for English or a subset of all possible actions)
- Fix longpress action from filtered list (was not working during active search)
- Use full display height for WebViewController
- Fix vertical position of WebViewBrowser and MoreItemsView for iOS <11
Build 1970:
- Fix regression causing TV Show posters always to be preferred over banners (issue 132)
Hi,

I posted this to TestFlight, but don't know if you monitor that, so I'll also post it here. I haven't seen anyone mention these, so I'll post them.
  1. When the height of a playlist is larger than its dedicated space, the last song gets hidden under the player (first image).
  2. I would add that the style is a bit off: the background color for the current song is too dark in comparison with the text (song title and info).
  3. It's nice that now you can change the view (grid/list) at the bottom, but the space for the previous design is still there (second image). How to reproduce: scroll just enough to show the space where the button used to be, but not to trigger list refresh.
Thank you for the work!

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciated. To your comments:

1. From what you describe I do not see a problem. If the playlist is having more items than can be shown, the list is extending further. The botton toolbar is opaque and therefor the list with more titles is shining through. Or did I misunderstand?
2. You´re in Dark Mode, correct? This is not supported well yet, but I will take a look at some of the obvious issues. If you have more examples, please share.
3. Oh, yes. I am very well aware of this. This is the place where the searchbar resides. As the searchbar has no function in the collectionview (aka grid view), I am hiding it. This is better than showing a non-usable searchbar imho. If I find time, I will look into this but at lower prio because it does not really hurt.
4. Good to see someone using the grid view for music albums. But, as I was never coming along this path: How do you enable grid view for the genres?
(2021-01-19, 19:49)Buschel Wrote: 1. From what you describe I do not see a problem. If the playlist is having more items than can be shown, the list is extending further. The botton toolbar is opaque and therefor the list with more titles is shining through. Or did I misunderstand?

from what I understood, the issue is with the very last item - it's cut. You probably need to set proper contentInset.bottom.
(2021-01-19, 20:49)kambala Wrote: from what I understood, the issue is with the very last item - it's cut. You probably need to set proper contentInset.bottom.

Yep, got it now. Correcting the insets fixes this.
(2021-01-12, 08:10)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-01-11, 22:38)Saens Wrote: Seems to make no difference if I do it slow or fast.

Hmm, hard to debug as I cannot find a way to reproduce this yet. Did you delete the App and cleanly re-installed it? Any other special settings you use which are different to the default?
You were right. I installed over the old version.
Clean install solves this.
(2021-01-19, 21:40)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-01-19, 20:49)kambala Wrote: from what I understood, the issue is with the very last item - it's cut. You probably need to set proper contentInset.bottom.

Yep, got it now. Correcting the insets fixes this.

Great that you managed to understand what I meant, sorry about the poor framing Big Grin

I just noticed another thing: if you check the same image with genres you'll see that the view mode button is missing, so you can't toggle list/cover from there. On the albums page it's at the bottom with the menu, but that menu doesn't exist in genres mode. By "genres mode" I mean, when you go to genres and select a genre.

This image (ignore the arrow as it's meaningless now):

(2021-01-21, 09:35)Saens Wrote: You were right. I installed over the old version.
Clean install solves this.
Thanks for checking.
(2021-01-21, 13:00)regis.frias Wrote: I just noticed another thing: if you check the same image with genres you'll see that the view mode button is missing, so you can't toggle list/cover from there. On the albums page it's at the bottom with the menu, but that menu doesn't exist in genres mode. By "genres mode" I mean, when you go to genres and select a genre.

This perfectly answers the question I had on how you could enable grid view when being in the Genres menu. You enabled this with the old UI and now have this still active. But you cannot change it back anymore as the buttons are missing ...

How I would approach this: I already did remove the empty black bar when grid view is active. In this case the "Pull to sync" is directly shown on top of the grid. Out of consistency I would avoid to add the list/grid and sort buttons at different places in different menus. Therefore I tend towards showing the toolbar in the Genre view as well. This eats up some space, but keeps the UI consistent.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0