• 3(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
(2021-01-21, 13:30)Buschel Wrote: How I would approach this: I already did remove the empty black bar when grid view is active. In this case the "Pull to sync" is directly shown on top of the grid. Out of consistency I would avoid to add the list/grid and sort buttons at different places in different menus. Therefore I tend towards showing the toolbar in the Genre view as well. This eats up some space, but keeps the UI consistent.
This sounds like a good route, for consistency but also because it gives me the ability to organize the list in other ways (by artist, album, etc.)
(2021-01-21, 14:27)regis.frias Wrote: This sounds like a good route, for consistency but also because it gives me the ability to organize the list in other ways (by artist, album, etc.)
Cool, this is a 1-line change only. UI looks like this now: Genre view with toolbar and grid view
Both button (grid/list view and sort) work.
recent beta test a few minutes ago: cool work so far, thanks.

1. Poster of a playing movie doesn't show, right above the seekbar, there's only the silver cd fallback visible.
2. If you resume a movie at the saved resumepoint... it doesn't care about the rp and starts from the beginning.
3. Season posters on the right side after selecting a tvshow also don‘t show

sorry i can't add screenshots - but i think the description is understandable Rofl

EDIT: Version 1.6 (1970)
(2021-01-21, 23:09)howie-f Wrote: recent beta test a few minutes ago: cool work so far, thanks.

1. Poster of a playing movie doesn't show, right above the seekbar, there's only the silver cd fallback visible.
2. If you resume a movie at the saved resumepoint... it doesn't care about the rp and starts from the beginning.

sorry i can't add screenshots - but i think the description is understandable Rofl

EDIT: Version 1.6 (1970)

Which Kodi Version do you use?
it‘s the current master.. 

- and now i checked the beta remote against leia and see the resume point is not working there either. (but i can see the missing posters here)
(2021-01-22, 00:54)howie-f Wrote: it‘s the current master.. 

- and now i checked the beta remote against leia and see the resume point is not working there either. (but i can see the missing posters here)

Thanks, I found the main bug which caused the resume to fail (the playerid was not correctly extracted and handed over when building the seek command). But still the resume does not work when I am running this w/o debugger and stepping into the seek function. Is there a delay needed between opening the player (Player.Open) and performing the resume (Player.Seek)?

The missing posters point towards the same problem which required rework to show posters in the list/grid view for Kodi 19. I will take a look into this as well.
(2021-01-22, 08:42)Buschel Wrote: Is there a delay needed between opening the player (Player.Open) and performing the resume (Player.Seek)?

i can't tell. maybe @Tolriq can share insights on how this could be done for a remote?
according to this thread https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=341677 Player.Open doesn't seem to support a resume point. could explain why it is done by Open -> Seek by now.
i will dig a bit into core also

EDIT: by sending
json:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"movieid":2},"options":{"resume":true}},"id":1}
i can resume movie id 2 in the db without really knowing the resume point.
Maybe Official remote could also fire this to achieve what we want
(2021-01-22, 10:54)howie-f Wrote: EDIT: by sending
json:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.Open","params":{"item":{"movieid":2},"options":{"resume":true}},"id":1}
i can resume movie id 2 in the db without really knowing the resume point.
Maybe Official remote could also fire this to achieve what we want

Simply adding sleep(1) after "Player.Open" and before the "Player.Seek" command helps in my case. But of course this will not really be reliable ...

The "Player.Open" command in the RemoteApp looks like this:
cpp:
jsonRPC callMethod:@"Player.Open" withParameters:[NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys:[NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys: [item objectForKey:@"playlistid"], @"playlistid", [NSNumber numberWithInt: 0], @"position", nil], @"item", nil]

Adding the "resume" part it looks like follows, but this still does work. The movie again justs plays from the start.
cpp:
jsonRPC callMethod:@"Player.Open" withParameters:[NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys:[NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys: [item objectForKey:@"playlistid"], @"playlistid", [NSNumber numberWithInt: 0], @"position", nil], @"item", [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys: [NSNumber numberWithBool:YES], @"resume", nil], @Options, nil]
(2021-01-22, 14:32)Buschel Wrote: Adding the "resume" part it looks like follows, but this still does work. The movie again justs plays from the start.

yes i can confirm an existing resume point is picked up correctly; but if there is none it will play from the start.. makes me assume that adding the option is the correct approach.
though the remote app knows about the resume point, it offers "play from XX:YY", maybe only add the option in this case. but this decision is in your hands @Buschel , i'll happily test it. thanks
ah, sorry for confusion @Buschel, now i see the difference:

my test sequence is: "params":{"item":{"movieid":2},"options":{"resume":true}} - resume option works
but the app is sending: "params":{"item":{"playlistid":1,"position":0},"options":{"resume":true}} - no resume here! that's why the Open/Seek workaround exists

that must be an issue in kodi core, so i guess the only chance to fix this right now is your delay approach. will dive a bit deeper into the core issue, but i doubt this can be done for v19.
Quote:1. Poster of a playing movie doesn't show, right above the seekbar, there's only the silver cd fallback visible.
I looked at this on my Kodi 19 test setup. This definitely the same problem as it was already partly fixed. Since Kodi 19 there is no fallback picture for the thumb image anymore, but Kodi Remote App obviously still relies on this in some places. If you add "thumb.png" to your folder, this image will be loaded in the App instead of showing the empty dummy image. I need to figure out where these assignments are done and then apply the same logic as with the first fix (if poster is available, use it and overwrite thumb with it).

Edit: Found and fixed (as well for missing season posters in info view).
@Buschel dunno if you've already fixed this or not, please check: (feedback from the latest build 1970)
(2021-01-23, 13:56)kambala Wrote: @Buschel dunno if you've already fixed this or not, please check: (feedback from the latest build 1970)
@kambala, I cannot reproduce this. For me the searchbar always vanishes when I am entering the "file" menu. Maybe the tester can give some details on how get there.
I don't even understand how to make the searchbar appear on that view Big Grin

no contact info, unfortunately.
one more thing noticed with 1970:
playing a music album with 14 tracks. see the playlist on the left hand. scroll down.

the last track is hidden behind the bottom bar (party / music / video / edit )
it‘s nearly unselectable
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0