• 11(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
(2021-04-02, 21:51)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-04-02, 19:43)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Tested once again on my iPad:

1. Rotation is disabled when browsing albums or movies in full screen mode. Is this by intention or is it a glitch?
2. Season banner colors seem to be well chosen now, even for DVD covers using bold colors.
3. TV logos still showing issues in recordings view (Das Erste not working, wrong background color chosen). I also think that in the details view there should be a bigger frame around the logo, probably at a fixed size matching the whole spare logo area?
4. The nice channel view lost all logos?
5. Danke für all die Mühe! Wink

1. Since I started testing the fullscreen feature I have never seen the rotation working for this view. Maybe I am wrong... I will write an issue for this.
2. Sounds good.
3a. It is strange the background color selection does not anymore for ARD. Was this definitely working before for this icon? I will re-check with the png you had sent a while back.
3b. On the frame size: this can be changed. I will look into this.
4. I am surprised. This works for me on my iPad simulator. Can you test if this the same for the other channel list named "TV Channels"?
5. Gern geschehen! Smile
1. I don’t remember whether it worked in the past, that’s why I was asking. Regularly I use my iPad only in landscape orientation, but since you asked to check...
4. Oh! I remember there was also an update of Kodi’s TvhClient Addon in the meantime. I think this may cause it, since I now tried your very first build where it was working once again and also with this build it is now no longer working. So don’t worry... At least it is independent from the channel list chosen.
(2021-04-02, 21:51)Buschel Wrote: 1. Since I started testing the fullscreen feature I have never seen the rotation working for this view. Maybe I am wrong... I will write an issue for this.
2. Sounds good.
3a. It is strange the background color selection does not anymore for ARD. Was this definitely working before for this icon? I will re-check with the png you had sent a while back.
3b. On the frame size: this can be changed. I will look into this.
4. I am surprised. This works for me on my iPad simulator. Can you test if this the same for the other channel list named "TV Channels"?
5. Gern geschehen! Smile
@UlfSchmidt 
3a. I am really wondering how this worked for your monochrome logos before. I tested and made screenshots, also you were reporting they worked. Now the issue seemed to be that for monochrome logos the calculation of the average color (used for the estimation of brightness and the background color) was not working. After some changes it works now, but I need to have this reviewed. I hope to find some more elegant solution.
3b. The frame size can be tailored for this for recording details. I chose the same aspect ratio as for channel list and recording list.
1.6.2 Build 2184:
- Bugfix: Avoid searchbar showing after rotation on iPad
- Feature: Testflight will now show the changes in a generated summary

What needs testing?
- (Still of interest) With the maintenance changes the rotation functions were replaced. On iPad rotating while showing various screens is of interest.
- (Still of interest) The stability fixes in EPG were changing the thread safety handling. It will be good to watch out for EPG / channel list updates.

What´s next?
- Fix for wrong background color for monochrome TV station logos
- Possibly support for sort tokens
Hi @Buschel,

Just recognized that in full screen view the CD or DVD covers are still darkened at their bottom (in order to improve readability of text labels), despite the fact that the text labels are written below the covers in full screen view - rendering the darkening unnecessary.

Maybe a small thing to improve in any future release?

Have a nice Easter weekend,
Ulf
First of all, thank you for developing and maintaining the official remote.

A suggestion for the sake of consistency; Kodi with PVR functions enabled gives in the main menu (for default Estuary skin that is) TV and Radio as separate menu items. When selecting it goes straight into the channel list. Wouldn't it be better to make the main menu in the remote the same way? When in the channel list, one should have the option via a button to show channel groups. IMHO filtering (using channel groups) should be put after the complete list of channels, as an option, not before.

Right now the steps to view the channel list of Radio:

- Live TV (main menu)
- TV groups show up
- Button on the bottom to go to radio section
- Radio groups show up
- I choose Radio group
- Choose channel

On the approach I suggest:

- Radio (main menu)
- Choose channel
1.6.2 Build 2189 (based on 2178 + sort token support):
- Adding support for sort tokens

This is a pure test build for a non-merged feature which needs further testing. The feature to be tested is the implementation of supporting sort tokens in the App. For newer versions of Kodi the sort tokens will be read from the Kodi server, for older versions a default set is used ("The", "A", "An"). You need to have sort tokens enabled in Kodi server, the App is following this setting. As the implementation is applying a bunch changes to the logic of presenting results in list and grid view I am searching for tests of all kind of lists and sort options, with and without sort tokens enabled.
(2021-04-04, 11:37)Buschel Wrote: 1.6.2 Build 2189 (based on 2178 + sort token support):
- Adding support for sort tokens

arrived on my test device. works nice with the german tokens,  so presumably with other languages and fallback, too.
thank you very much. also haven‘t noticed delay on connect due to additional json requests.

big thumbs up 🎉
(2021-04-04, 12:31)howie-f Wrote: arrived on my test device. works nice with the german tokens,  so presumably with other languages and fallback, too.
thank you very much. also haven‘t noticed delay on connect due to additional json requests.

big thumbs up 🎉
Thanks for the quick check. In case you have a bigger movie database, can you go through the different sort options in the different movie menus? The implementation does not only impact the list presentation when sort tokens are enabled or found, but always. Also there seem to be some hard-to-identify mappings inside the App which make it hard to recognize if there are further exceptions like flagging "genre" as sort method, even though in reality this is "artist".
Hi @Buschel,
in the Sort Token Test Version the jump shortcuts (first letters on the right next to the scroll bar) no longer work when sort tokens are used, i.e. trying to jump to T now jumps to the letter with which the first movie beginning with „The“ starts with. Example: Tapping T does no longer jump to „Tatort Rotlichtviertel“, but to „The 99 Biggest Movie Fails“, a movie sorted in even before letter A.
But no problems with genres or artists...maybe due to the fact that none of my genres starts with any of the sort tokens.
@UlfSchmidt, I cannot reproduce this behavior. Tested with movie list, sorted by name, ascending or descending.

a) Sort Tokens enabled:
"#" jumps to section with movies beginning with numbers, including "The 6th Day"
"D" jumps to section D, incl. "The Dark Knight"
"T" jumps to section T, not including any movie startig with "The"

b) Sort Token disabled:
"#" jumps to section with movies beginning with numbers, not including "The 6th Day"
"D" jumps to section D, not including "The Dark Knight"
"T" jumps to section T, including "The 6th Day" and "The Dark Knight"

Can you describe the exact steps you take? Did you re-synchronize the movie list (shouldn´t matter, but just in case).
@Buschel,

after some more digging I realized that the actual behavior depends on the selected viewing mode („full screen“ or regular view):

Smile Regular list view: ok
Smile Regular cover view: ok
Sad Full screen cover view: not ok

You may remember that I am a big fan of the newly introduced full screen view on my iPad, sorry, that I only tried it in this mode before. Never thought that this may cause any difference. And it is in fact the same behavior for music and movies.
(2021-04-05, 16:12)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Smile Regular list view: ok
Smile Regular cover view: ok
Sad Full screen cover view: not ok
Very good finding! Already confirmed and found a solution. Smile
(2021-04-04, 22:58)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Hi @Buschel,
Example: Tapping T does no longer jump to „Tatort Rotlichtviertel“, but to „The 99 Biggest Movie Fails“, a movie sorted in even before letter A.

i think this happens in movie full screen mode, when i tap T there it jumps to „The Big Short“ with the other „B-Movies“ around.
may be fixed by your latest commit..

erm, sorry, you guys already got that, i see
if no more issues are found, I think we can release 2206 on App Store
(2021-04-06, 14:56)kambala Wrote: if no more issues are found, I think we can release 2206 on App Store
1.6.2 Build 2206:
- Feature: Align aspect ratio of TV station logos for channel list, recording list and recording details (Merge pull request #216)
- Bugfix: Correct handling of monochrome TV station logos with alpha channel (Merge pull request #216)
- Bugfix: Fix possibly wrong season view searchbar color (Merge pull request #231)
- Bugfix: Fixes minor glitch not showing selection under transparent thumb image in data cell (Merge pull request #232)
- Bugfix: Fix wrong thumb dimension after showing recording list (Merge pull request #230)
- Bugfix: Fix displaying "nocover" images in grid view (Merge pull request #229)
- Bugfix: Make shake gesture work again (allows to clear playlist) (Merge pull request #227)
- Bugfix: Fix regression caused by fix for crash in DetailViewController:actionSheetHandler (Merge pull request #228)
- Bugfix: Avoid reported crash in DetailViewController:actionSheetHandler (Merge pull request #222)

What needs testing?
- (Still of interest) With the maintenance changes the rotation functions were replaced. On iPad rotating while showing various screens is of interest.
- (Still of interest) The stability fixes in EPG were changing the thread safety handling. It will be good to watch out for EPG / channel list updates.
- @UlfSchmidt, please check your monochrome TV station logos.

What´s next (after next release)?
- Internal rework of image handling
- Internal rework of AppDelegate
- Possibly support for sort tokens
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0