• 12(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
@Buschel I think now it's easier to simply post link to Github release instead of copy-pasting Smile
(2021-04-06, 16:16)kambala Wrote: @Buschel I think now it's easier to simply post link to Github release instead of copy-pasting Smile
Oh, I wasn´t checking. Took this from Testflight. In future I will just place a link (https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Re...S/releases).
(2021-04-06, 16:21)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 16:16)kambala Wrote: @Buschel I think now it's easier to simply post link to Github release instead of copy-pasting Smile
Oh, I wasn´t checking. Took this from Testflight. In future I will just place a link (https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Re...S/releases).

In the future post link to the release itself, e.g. https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Re...g/1.6.2-b5
(2021-04-06, 15:49)Buschel Wrote: What needs testing?
- (Still of interest) With the maintenance changes the rotation functions were replaced. On iPad rotating while showing various screens is of interest.
- (Still of interest) The stability fixes in EPG were changing the thread safety handling. It will be good to watch out for EPG / channel list updates.
- @UlfSchmidt, please check your monochrome TV station logos.
Unfortunately, nothing has changed with respect to the monochrome station logos Sad
Sorry, please don’t kill the messenger...
(2021-04-06, 18:42)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Unfortunately, nothing has changed with respect to the monochrome station logos Sad
Hmm, just tested 2206 on my iPad simulator with the monochrome logos you provided. It works. Could you test again after fully removing the App, restarting the Phone and re-installing the App? Maybe you are experiencing an issue with caching.
(2021-04-06, 19:42)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 18:42)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Unfortunately, nothing has changed with respect to the monochrome station logos Sad
Hmm, just tested 2206 on my iPad simulator with the monochrome logos you provided. It works. Could you test again after fully removing the App, restarting the Phone and re-installing the App? Maybe you are experiencing an issue with caching.
There must be a difference between the simulation and a real iPad:
Tested after reset, so caching unlikely. I also cleared the cache explicitly via „settings“.
Maybe the image is somehow preprocessed by Tvheadend, but this seems to be very unlikely IMHO. I have to check what’s the difference between the ARD logo and the other logos...
(2021-04-06, 20:01)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Unfortunately, nothing has changed with respect to the monochrome station logos Sad

Tested after reset, so caching unlikely. I also cleared the cache explicitly via „settings“.
Maybe the image is somehow preprocessed by Tvheadend, but this seems to be very unlikely IMHO. I have to check what’s the difference between the ARD logo and the other logos...
Wow, interesting. When loading the image directly via XCode this works. When loading the same image via an App internal method from the Kodi server, I also get a black icon. I can finally reproduce this. But this only happens for the ARD logo, not for any other.
(2021-04-06, 20:52)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 20:01)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Unfortunately, nothing has changed with respect to the monochrome station logos Sad

Wow, interesting. When loading the image directly via XCode this works. When loading the same image via an App internal method from the Kodi server, I also get a black icon. I can finally reproduce this. But this only happens for the ARD logo, not for any other.
That’s really an interesting finding. Maybe I have some spare time tomorrow evening to evaluate the differences between this and the other logos.
(2021-04-06, 20:56)UlfSchmidt Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 20:52)Buschel Wrote:

That’s really an interesting finding. Maybe I have some spare time tomorrow evening to evaluate the differences between this and the other logos.
I think I found the difference. Need to figure out how solve this: The ARD image seems to use ARGB and not RGBA format.
(2021-04-06, 21:52)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 20:52)Buschel Wrote: Wow, interesting. When loading the image directly via XCode this works. When loading the same image via an App internal method from the Kodi server, I also get a black icon. I can finally reproduce this. But this only happens for the ARD logo, not for any other.
I think I found the difference. Need to figure out how solve this: The ARD image seems to use ARGB and not RGBA format.

if the fix turns out complex, I wouldn't suggest including it in the app
(2021-04-06, 23:03)kambala Wrote: if the fix turns out complex, I wouldn't suggest including it in the app
I found a solution which seems quite robust to me. If the images are not in a specific format they are reformatted and only then analyzed. So we only need to support analyzing two formats: 1x with alpha, 1x without alpha. This even reduces the complexity of the analyzing code.

While working on this I saw there are several places where images are scaled up when loading, which impacts the efforts to analyze them. As the views are typically autoresizing it is worth looking at this and remove those additional scaling/resizing efforts. This is for sure something for a later version.
(2021-04-06, 21:52)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-04-06, 20:52)Buschel Wrote: Wow, interesting. When loading the image directly via XCode this works. When loading the same image via an App internal method from the Kodi server, I also get a black icon. I can finally reproduce this. But this only happens for the ARD logo, not for any other.

I cannot remember how I generated the ARD image (and why I generated it differently in the end), but according to my knowledge ARGB is even not supported for PNG, so I think instead of implementing fancy workarounds I'd better fix my ARD image. Sorry for all the confusion. My bad. Sad
(2021-04-07, 17:45)UlfSchmidt Wrote: I cannot remember how I generated the ARD image (and why I generated it differently in the end), but according to my knowledge ARGB is even not supported for PNG, so I think instead of implementing fancy workarounds I'd better fix my ARD image. Sorry for all the confusion. My bad. Sad
Well, in fact the issue is different. When the App loads the transparent pngs all of them are ARGB. The App was treating them wrong. Independent of this I prepared a code change to ensure the images are brought into a predefined format. This way we should hopefully not face this again. From this point of view you can keep the logo as it is. A higher resolution would be nice though -- in grid view you can recognize the limited resolution very clearly.
(2021-04-07, 17:53)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-04-07, 17:45)UlfSchmidt Wrote: I cannot remember how I generated the ARD image (and why I generated it differently in the end), but according to my knowledge ARGB is even not supported for PNG, so I think instead of implementing fancy workarounds I'd better fix my ARD image. Sorry for all the confusion. My bad. Sad
Well, in fact the issue is different. When the App loads the transparent pngs all of them are ARGB. The App was treating them wrong. Independent of this I prepared a code change to ensure the images are brought into a predefined format. This way we should hopefully not face this again. From this point of view you can keep the logo as it is. A higher resolution would be nice though -- in grid view you can recognize the limited resolution very clearly.
@Buschel, I have to thank you again for your continuous work on this topic. I am just in the middle of rebuilding my icons (higher resolution and a little bit more colorful...) so that I can switch back to one single icon set. Currently I am still using two different sets (one within tvheadend and the other in Kodi itself).
1.6.2 Build 2210:
Release Notes

What needs testing?
- @UlfSchmidt, please check your monochrome TV station logos a last time.

What´s next (after next release)
- Internal rework of image handling
- Internal rework of AppDelegate
- Support for sort tokens
- Looks like Apple Watch support is progressing

@kambala, thanks for creating and uploading the build. But, why is the version 2210 and not 2209?
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0