• 14(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
(2021-04-10, 12:01)UlfSchmidt Wrote: When will you make this interesting change publicly available? 2209.1 is the current version available via TestFlight, but it doesn’t include this modification. Thanks!
Depends on when the next reviews/merges happen. Stay tuned and patient. Smile
(2021-04-10, 12:23)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-04-10, 12:01)UlfSchmidt Wrote: When will you make this interesting change publicly available? 2209.1 is the current version available via TestFlight, but it doesn’t include this modification. Thanks!
Depends on when the next reviews/merges happen. Stay tuned and patient. Smile
Please pardon my impatience Wink
meanwhile a new beta was released: https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Re...g/1.6.2-b7
(2021-04-13, 09:44)kambala Wrote: meanwhile a new beta was released: https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Re...g/1.6.2-b7
@UlfSchmidt, this does not have the station logo background setting yet. This needs some rework I expect to finish soon.
1.6.2 Build 2228:
Release Notes

What needs testing?
- @UlfSchmidt, @McYoshi, can you take a look at the new setting for the "TV logo background"?
(2021-04-13, 19:25)Buschel Wrote: 1.6.2 Build 2228:
Release Notes

What needs testing?
- @UlfSchmidt, @McYoshi, can you take a look at the new setting for the "TV logo background"?

Whats the difference between dark and transparant mode? Transparant gives the global app background? I think it's nice to have a choice now, good job.
(2021-04-15, 11:56)McYoshi Wrote: Whats the difference between dark and transparant mode? Transparant gives the global app background? I think it's nice to have a choice now, good job.
Thanks for the flowers. Smile
The "transparent" setting gives the background of the current active view. In LightMode this is near-black for the grid view and near-white for list view. In DarkMode this is near-black for grid and list view. "Transparent" is the behavior of v1.6.1 and earlier.
1.6.2 Build 2230:
Release Notes

We are getting near the 1.6.2 Release and are not adding any unneeded risky changes. This update is just a fix for a crash report from AppStore.

@UlfSchmidt, still seeking for your final feedback on the TV logos.
(2021-04-16, 15:54)Buschel Wrote: 1.6.2 Build 2230:
Release Notes

We are getting near the 1.6.2 Release and are not adding any unneeded risky changes. This update is just a fix for a crash report from AppStore.

@UlfSchmidt, still seeking for your final feedback on the TV logos.
Hi @Buschel,

very busy week, thanks for your patience. I‘m completely fine with the TV logos now. Perfect to have the choice.

But I just discovered some other minor glitch: the location of the pop-up menus showing up after a long touch is wrong whenever the search bar is visible. It seems that the offset necessary by the search bar on top of the list is then not taken into account. Best example: music library, select „all songs“, search for a specific song and in the results list select one of these by long press. The pointer of the pop-up menu marks a different song...

Another improvement suggestion just for the sake of consistency:
In full screen mode for movies, when you just select a movie for viewing, a nice pop-up appears giving some details and a Play button. For albums, the behavior is different, there the full screen mode is closed and list of tracks is shown. The detail pop-up can only be reached by a long touch and manual selection. I would appreciate, if it would become the default for albums, too.

And it seems that my comment regarding the unnecessary shadows covering the bottoms of the albums and movie covers in full screen view was overlooked?

So, enough work for you to avoid a boring weekend! Wink
Thanks for your feedback. 

1. Popup origin glitch. After playing a lot now with this I confirm I can see this as well. But it is not really consistent. I best can reproduce in landscape mode when the keyboard is also shown. In other use cases it happen only for some of the areas I longpress. And the origin is not always shown above the longpressed point, but also below. Not sure what this is about yet. Nevertheless this does not block the release imho.
2. Yes. Good observation. For music albums in fullscreen view the view is just stopped and the detail info for the album is shown in non-fullscreen mode when clicking on an album. When doing the same on movie fullscreen the detail info is shown as popup. Will look into this.
3. I was looking into this, was not finding a quick solution and then dropped it for now. Is it possible you write an issue in github with a screenshot pointing this out?

None of the above is a blocker for the release from my point of view.
(2021-04-17, 10:14)Buschel Wrote: Thanks for your feedback. 

1. Popup origin glitch. After playing a lot now with this I confirm I can see this as well. But it is not really consistent. I best can reproduce in landscape mode when the keyboard is also shown. In other use cases it happen only for some of the areas I longpress. And the origin is not always shown above the longpressed point, but also below. Not sure what this is about yet. Nevertheless this does not block the release imho.
2. Yes. Good observation. For music albums in fullscreen view the view is just stopped and the detail info for the album is shown in non-fullscreen mode when clicking on an album. When doing the same on movie fullscreen the detail info is shown as popup. Will look into this.
3. I was looking into this, was not finding a quick solution and then dropped it for now. Is it possible you write an issue in github with a screenshot pointing this out?

None of the above is a blocker for the release from my point of view.
I‘d like to confirm that these topics are really no blockers at all, only minor possible improvements based on my recent observations when testing the Release Candidate. Thanks a lot again for all your work.
Hmm, found out two more things about longpressing which were not that obvious to me before:
- When just clicking into the search textfield without entering a character and then long-pressing, there is no popup shown. (only iPad impacted)
- When long-pressing on an filtered list, the popup always shows the album name of the topmost item. But it will handle the item pressed. (iPad & iPhone impacted)

Will create issues for the above.
(2021-04-17, 10:28)Buschel Wrote: When just clicking into the search textfield without entering a character and then long-pressing, there is no popup shown. (only iPad impacted)

I remember iOS 13 changed something regarding those menus. If it works the same in other apps, then it's not a bug.
Quickly tested with 1.6.1 (long-press to filtered list wasn´t working in 1.6.0 at all):
1. Popup titles wrong for long press on filtered list -> issue observed 1.6.1 as well
2. Long press not working when having search textfield active but w/o character entered -> worked in 1.6.1 -> regression
3. Long press on filtered list sometimes showing wrong origin -> could not observe with 1.6.1 after few mins test -> most likely regression

I will look at this on this weekend.
This did not take too much time and still allows to me to finish my lawn mowing today Smile

1. Fixed with #252. Was an issue overseen since the search rework which was needed to make the App running under iOS14.
2. Fixed with #251. Was introduced with the rework of action sheets.
3. Looks to me like an iOS issue and was introduced when correcting Cancel-button style for action sheets. More details here: #249
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0