• 17(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
(2021-05-11, 15:28)kambala Wrote: build 2316 sent to appstore review but with manual release mode

edit: already approved Smile

IMO can be released.

What do you guys think?

Though just noticed fresh feedback on the latest build:
Quote:In this latest beta, you can no longer just tap on the volume buttons to change the volume. I enjoyed having that option for precise volume changes. I find that most of the time I'm changing the volume by only -1 dB when the volume of the show or movie I'm watching suddenly spikes in volume. It would be nice to have both options. I do want to give a shout-out tho about the mute button... that is PERFECT. When I add a new Kodi device to the app, that's the first custom button I add every time.
(2021-05-14, 20:44)kambala Wrote: IMO can be released.

What do you guys think?

Though just noticed fresh feedback on the latest build:
In this latest beta, you can no longer just tap on the volume buttons to change the volume. I enjoyed having that option for precise volume changes. I find that most of the time I'm changing the volume by only -1 dB when the volume of the show or movie I'm watching suddenly spikes in volume. It would be nice to have both options. I do want to give a shout-out tho about the mute button... that is PERFECT. When I add a new Kodi device to the app, that's the first custom button I add every time.
Yes, the buttons are not functional anymore -- I dropped this and focused on better usability of the slider. Of course the button functionality can be added again, if this is felt as an important functional loss. Other than that I see no reason to hold back the release. The other reported issues are not critical IMO.

Edit: Raised a PR #288 for this.
released
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Release 1.7 is out
Release Notes
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

We will now continue with next changes towards 1.7.1. There is already a new TF build with some fixes and improvements which were too late for the release.

1.7.1 Build 2332
Release Notes

What´s next:
- Fix for adding music album via longpress action in music genre list
- Improvement for sample rate display
- Major internal rework (coding styles, using literals)
1.7.1 Build 2336
Release Notes 

What´s next:
- Cleaning up JSON commands from unneeded and potentially disruptive sort methods
(2021-05-16, 16:39)Buschel Wrote: What´s next:
- Cleaning up JSON commands from unneeded and potentially disruptive sort methods

FYI I'm thinking of releasing 1.7.1 with bug fixes first, big changes will go in the next version.
(2021-05-16, 18:03)kambala Wrote: FYI I'm thinking of releasing 1.7.1 with bug fixes first, big changes will go in the next version.
Yes, I fully agree.
1.7.1 Build 2342
Release Notes

Adding a few more smaller fixes.
sent 1.7.1 2342 to appstore review
(2021-05-21, 08:40)kambala Wrote: sent 1.7.1 2342 to appstore review
1.7.1 just became available on AppStore now.
In the meanwhile I was working on updating the main icons to Kodi 19 style and opened an issue with a variety of screenshots in GitHub. The updated icons are imho mostly better than the old ones. I am not fully convinced by a few ones though: e.g. the icons for Movie AddOns or Video AddOns in the Setting Menu are not easy to recognize, or the Music Gerne icon which has a bit hard to handle dimensions, or the different icon colors when comparing file view (dark blue) with "more" items (following day/dark mode). But overall the new icons look pretty decent and some are also better than the old ones (e.g. radio channels, recordings, top100, recently played, recently added and music roles).

Comments are most welcome -- ideally in the GitHub issue. This is the link to the issue: #310.
(2021-05-24, 13:00)Buschel Wrote: In the meanwhile I was working on updating the main icons to Kodi 19 style and opened an issue with a variety of screenshots in GitHub. The updated icons are imho mostly better than the old ones. I am not fully convinced by a few ones though: e.g. the icons for Movie AddOns or Video AddOns in the Setting Menu are not easy to recognize, or the Music Gerne icon which has a bit hard to handle dimensions, or the different icon colors when comparing file view (dark blue) with "more" items (following day/dark mode). But overall the new icons look pretty decent and some are also better than the old ones (e.g. radio channels, recordings, top100, recently played, recently added and music roles).

Comments are most welcome -- ideally in the GitHub issue. This is the link to the issue: #310.
Looks so much better IMHO. Thumbs up! But please take care also of the volume and recently added mute buttons. These, with their completely different look, don‘t match all of these streamlined icons. And the remote control could benefit from a complete overhaul, too.
(2021-05-24, 21:56)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Looks so much better IMHO. Thumbs up! But please take care also of the volume and recently added mute buttons. These, with their completely different look, don‘t match all of these streamlined icons. And the remote control could benefit from a complete overhaul, too.
True, on iPad the buttons look different. It could be looking like this (even brighter icons maybe):

The remote control is a different beast ... Let´s see. Smile
(2021-05-24, 22:45)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-05-24, 21:56)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Looks so much better IMHO. Thumbs up! But please take care also of the volume and recently added mute buttons. These, with their completely different look, don‘t match all of these streamlined icons. And the remote control could benefit from a complete overhaul, too.
True, on iPad the buttons look different. It could be looking like this (even brighter icons maybe):

The remote control is a different beast ... Let´s see. Smile
Oh, I was not aware that some buttons look different on iPads… The new look in your most recent post looks so much better. Smile
(2021-05-24, 21:56)UlfSchmidt Wrote: And the remote control could benefit from a complete overhaul, too.
Take a look to the GitHub issue #310. I uploaded a few more screenshots. Remote look is now consistent with new icons, but might need some color tweaking.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0