• 20(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
(2021-07-05, 07:50)Buschel Wrote: Did you try to remove the logo files on the Kodi server (delete the *.png in .kodi/userdata/Thumbnail), let Kodi server reload them and then use the clean-cache-at-start in the App?
Yes, did this now, but unfortunately no change whatsoever. One strange thing I observed doing this is that at least some logos show up. So it seems that logos are delivered to the App, but cannot be shown for some reason? Do you still have my logo sets? Only RBB, ONE, and ZDF info have a logo in the App when I use Kodi 17:

@UlfSchmidt could you check file format of the working ones and some of the non-working?
(2021-07-05, 21:11)kambala Wrote: @UlfSchmidt could you check file format of the working ones and some of the non-working?
All share the same format, and all are working with Kodi 19.
3sat HD.png: PNG image data, 53 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
alpha.png: PNG image data, 69 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
ARTE HD.png: PNG image data, 65 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
BR HD.png: PNG image data, 32 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
Das Erste HD.png: PNG image data, 32 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
HR HD.png: PNG image data, 80 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
MDR HD.png: PNG image data, 80 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
NDR HD.png: PNG image data, 80 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
n-tv.png: PNG image data, 51 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
ONE HD.png: PNG image data, 80 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
PHOENIX.png: PNG image data, 80 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
PRO7.png: PNG image data, 27 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
Radio Bremen TV.png: PNG image data, 80 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
RBB HD.png: PNG image data, 73 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
RTL.png: PNG image data, 80 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
SAT1.png: PNG image data, 32 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
sixx.png: PNG image data, 75 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
SR HD.png: PNG image data, 39 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
SWR HD.png: PNG image data, 39 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
VOX.png: PNG image data, 67 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
WDR HD.png: PNG image data, 65 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
ZDF HD.png: PNG image data, 49 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
ZDF Info HD.png: PNG image data, 69 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
ZDF Neo HD.png: PNG image data, 38 x 32, 8-bit gray+alpha, non-interlaced
(2021-07-05, 17:26)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Yes, did this now, but unfortunately no change whatsoever. One strange thing I observed doing this is that at least some logos show up. So it seems that logos are delivered to the App, but cannot be shown for some reason? Do you still have my logo sets? Only RBB, ONE, and ZDF info have a logo in the App when I use Kodi 17:
Thanks. The behaviour points to the server sharing image paths (paths on the server itself) where the file cannot be loaded from. In such case the default image is shown. Are there any access limitations defined for some of the folders which contain the logos?
(2021-07-05, 21:52)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-07-05, 17:26)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Yes, did this now, but unfortunately no change whatsoever. One strange thing I observed doing this is that at least some logos show up. So it seems that logos are delivered to the App, but cannot be shown for some reason? Do you still have my logo sets? Only RBB, ONE, and ZDF info have a logo in the App when I use Kodi 17:
Thanks. The behaviour points to the server sharing image paths (paths on the server itself) where the file cannot be loaded from. In such case the default image is shown. Are there any access limitations defined for some of the folders which contain the logos?
All files are in the same folder, and all share the same access rights. It remains strange…
(2021-07-05, 21:58)UlfSchmidt Wrote: All files are in the same folder, and all share the same access rights. It remains strange…
Does this still work when using the official 1.7.1 from AppStore?
(2021-07-05, 22:10)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-07-05, 21:58)UlfSchmidt Wrote: All files are in the same folder, and all share the same access rights. It remains strange…
Does this still work when using the official 1.7.1 from AppStore?
No Sad
It seems that the clearing of the cache also destroyed the icons for previous versions.
So, the good news from this is that this is not a newly introduced glitch as I thought initially.
But still Kodi shows all station logos, and the App only shows three of them.
Is it so unlikely that this is an issue within Kodi 17 or the tvheadend add-on?
Because it works well with the current version of Kodi and tvheadend add-on and both installations get their data (including the station logos) from the same tvheadend server.
One additional observation:
When watching live TV all station logos are shown in the currently playing panel of the App!
(2021-07-05, 22:28)UlfSchmidt Wrote: No Sad
It seems that the clearing of the cache also destroyed the icons for previous versions.
So, the good news from this is that this is not a newly introduced glitch as I thought initially.
But still Kodi shows all station logos, and the App only shows three of them.
Is it so unlikely that this is an issue within Kodi 17 or the tvheadend add-on?
Because it works well with the current version of Kodi and tvheadend add-on and both installations get their data (including the station logos) from the same tvheadend server.
Yes, good news is that this is not a regression of the latest changes. Clearing the cache just forces the App to reload the logo icons, which fails. Bad news is that this is now quite hard to debug w/o the possibility to use some of the older builds or to compile the code yourself.

And yes, this could be caused by Kodi 17 and the tvheadend addon. I am still curious if this combination behaves a bit different and the App changes which were done earlier this year somehow broke the support.
(2021-07-05, 22:32)UlfSchmidt Wrote: One additional observation:
When watching live TV all station logos are shown in the currently playing panel of the App!
This is an interesting additional information. The function which reads the image (setImageWithURL:placeholderImage: ) is the same for the NowPlaying and the list/grid view. Meaning, the images in general are readable. Looking at the code there are 2 options left which could cause such problems when processing the station list:
1. The image path provided from Kodi server is corrupt.
2. The image path provided by Kodi is empty or via an unexpected key.

I can provide a simple code change which would allow to tell if case 1 or case 2 is the one. I even could let the App throw debug messages including image paths and make this configurable as option to not disturb other beta testers.
@UlfSchmidt could you test older TF builds to find a version where logos are working? Similar to git bisect Smile

@Buschel I can suggest creating a log file with info related to logos loading with ability to share it from the app.
(2021-07-07, 09:16)kambala Wrote: @UlfSchmidt could you test older TF builds to find a version where logos are working? Similar to git bisect Smile

@Buschel I can suggest creating a log file with info related to logos loading with ability to share it from the app.
Great, I wasn´t aware the old build are still available in TestFlight. That´s of course the first way to look at this.

On the log file solution. Do I only need to add some NSLog output, and it can be shared via TestFlight?
(2021-07-07, 19:25)Buschel Wrote: On the log file solution. Do I only need to add some NSLog output, and it can be shared via TestFlight?

Unfortunately, it's not that easy Smile

If @UlfSchmidt has access to macOS then NSLog will work - logs can be seen in the Console app. Just remembered that libimobiledevice is also capable of capturing logs, hence this cli utility would be an option on Linux.

But if the above is not an option, then you'll have to actually write text to file. The simplest would be adding text to a string or array and then call -writeToFile. Or you can use NSFileHandle (which is similar to FILE and std::fstream).
@UlfSchmidt, would be great if you can test the missing TV logos with older TestFlight builds. This could help to understand what caused this. In worst case I will look into implementing some tracing via file I/O. If we then find out there is nothing we can do: fine. But I would really like to know if this is a regression of earlier changes.
Hi @Buschel, thank you for your patience.
Firstly I want to show you some very strange behavior, that looks like that this behavior is in fact not completely reproducible at all!
This morning out of a sudden the logos of ARD and ZDF appeared, without ANY change, nowhere. So maybe all this relates to some missing initialization or similar? I known that this kind of error is extremely hard to find.

My next steps were:
  1. Clearing the cache: Still 5 out of 20 logos
  2. Back to 1.6.2 (2230)
  3. Still only 5 out of 20 logos
  4. Back to most recent version
  5. No change whatsoever
  6. Reboot of Kodi, tvheadend’s server etc. Clearing any cache
  7. Still 5 logos, still two more compared to my previous test.

I’m lost, honestly. You have to add some logging to the App, I fear.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0