• 25(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
@Buschel, can you please add a logo for HEVC video codec?
Examples
Currently, only "hevc" is shown using a very tiny font. Alternatively consider using a larger bold font. Thanks!
(2021-08-29, 21:56)UlfSchmidt Wrote: @Buschel, can you please add a logo for HEVC video codec?
@UlfSchmidt, I just painted the following logo. It looks similar to the H.264 one which is already in use. But it seems I need to to map a few other codec names to this one as well. At least Kodi itself uses the same H.265 logo for "hevc", "hev1" and "hvc1".

@Buschel: very nice Smile
Besides submitting the HEVC change (see PR#381), I found some more bugs around thumbnails in PVR recording details and the new "Favourites" menu and provided fixes (see PR#385). Another unreported translation bug was there since ages (v1.6, the first iOS14 supporting version) and is also fixed (see PR#382). It seems the language files need some more rework which was already started using Weblate.

Please also take a look at the next rework I am aiming for: Separation of TV and Radio (see PR#386). I found the user request for this feature reasonable, and since we now have the possibility to configure the main menu items it is ok to add more main menu entries.
Hello @Buschel, speaking of extensions to the main menu:
What about an additional "Videos" menu (as it is present already in many Kodi skins)? I use this to access my own homemade videos (family, vacation, this stuff) and it is currently very deeply hidden somewhere in both Movies and TV Series menus (even at different locations), and even more hidden than Radio is.
Thanks for future consideration Smile
Ulf
(2021-09-05, 17:05)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Hello @Buschel, speaking of extensions to the main menu:
What about an additional "Videos" menu (as it is present already in many Kodi skins)? I use this to access my own homemade videos (family, vacation, this stuff) and it is currently very deeply hidden somewhere in both Movies and TV Series menus (even at different locations), and even more hidden than Radio is.
Thanks for future consideration Smile
Ulf
Videos, Music Videos and Add-ons are the next ones to have a look at. Though I feel that Music Videos could be moved to Videos' toolbar, and the Add-ons could be moved to the Settings' toolbar (where there are currently only Audio and Video Add-ons accessible). I am collecting my ideas in #387.
@Buschel, I like and fully support your collection of Videos ideas in github (so I don’t have to create an account there in order to be able to comment Wink )!
Some other Android Kodi Remote apps have the Music Videos as a menu option in their Music menu, but I think your approach is even better. At least they don’t belong to Movies, that’s for sure. Smile
From what I can see „Music Videos“ is in general even worth a main menu entry. It supports possibilities similar to „Music“, e.g. filtering for Albums, Artists or Genres. For now I still aim to go for a submenu in „Videos“ and allow the sort options for Artist, Genres and Albums. Sort options for some of these is already implemented in PR#388.
1.8 Build 2615
Release Notes

Several bugfixes (and only few minor features) were added -- details can be found via the Release Notes link. This version is the release candidate for the next AppStore version 1.8 which we plan to release in a few days, if there are no showstoppers identified by the beta testers.
v1.8 is available on the appstore!
I just downloaded the newest version from the App Store. It looks awesome and I’m glad there’s continued support for this handy app.

One of the things I always wished for was the ability to shift the remote buttons down on the screen. I was excited when I saw this as a new feature introduced. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to figure out how to accomplish this.

Basically what I want is what is portrayed in the second preview image for this app on the App Store. How is this toggled?

Fwiw I’m using a 12mini.

Thank you.
(2021-09-24, 00:11)amasephy Wrote: I just downloaded the newest version from the App Store. It looks awesome and I’m glad there’s continued support for this handy app.

One of the things I always wished for was the ability to shift the remote buttons down on the screen. I was excited when I saw this as a new feature introduced. Unfortunately I haven’t been able to figure out how to accomplish this.

Basically what I want is what is portrayed in the second preview image for this app on the App Store. How is this toggled?

Fwiw I’m using a 12mini.

Thank you.
Thanks for your feedback! Most of the App settings are reachable via the iPhone's / iPad's settings menu. In your case: Settings > Kodi Remote > Remote Position > Bottom. You will also find a few other newly introduced settings there, like enabling/disabling the rounded corners for thumbnails or main menu items.

Thank you, I never even thought to check for settings in that location. I was tapping around in the app itself.
(2021-09-24, 19:15)amasephy Wrote: Thank you, I never even thought to check for settings in that location. I was tapping around in the app itself.
Maybe this is a possible optimization for the future. I could add another button to the toolbar to switch between top/bottom.
We got some feedback in AppStore that movie sets have problems. As I assume this is connected to the new "1-movie-set" feature I am sharing details on this again here.

Handling of movie sets changed with 1.8 release (in beta software since end of June). Since this feature the App will follow the user setting of Kodi server. The setting can either be set to show all movie sets (including the ones which only have 1 movie in the set) or to show only movie sets with >1 movie. If the latter is enabled on the Kodi server, the App might not show all movie sets anymore after upgrading to the new App version -- just because some movie sets do not have >1 movie in the database.

Users can enable the feature to also "show movie sets with only 1 movie" in Kodi or via the App (Remote > Settings > More > Media > Videos > Include sets containing a single movie > Enable). After this the App needs to be disconnected and reconnected to the Kodi server (this way the App reads the settings from the server again), and the movie set list needs to be refreshed. 

I hope this helps in case you also wonder about this. If there still are problems with movie sets, please report them here.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0