• 35(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
(2021-11-20, 18:13)Buschel Wrote:
(2021-11-20, 18:06)amasephy Wrote: As for text in the settings area pulling from Kodi, the issue I mentioned in the stereoscopic section does seem to be an iOS app issue as the full sentence is present in Kodi itself.
Looks like the App is just truncating as there is not enough space. Maybe I'll find a way to allow more rows.
The implementation to handle the Kodi settings (SettingsValuesViewController) is quite a hardcoded piece of source. I can allow more space to show the complete text in the same hardcoded way, but in general this whole thing should be reworked to adapt its layout to the content shown.
1.8.2 Build 2879
Release Notes

This build updates the German translation, adds features around timers and timer rules, fixes the missing plot information in the recording list and improves the readability of "Add host" in many languages.
Known bug: In the wall view of non-timer items (e.g. albums) the default thumbs will always fall back to the recording thumb. This will be fixed soon (see PR#490).
@Buschel

This was probably an issue in the previous beta as well but I just noticed it.

If you recall we talked about the slow pan not actually triggering a swipe and it relied on more of a flick gesture to activate the swipe. You had at one point indicated something about a slow swipe where it would activate if a user swiped more than 50% over. I know you said you decided to not implement that.

So with that in mind, it looks like that gesture was actually enabled on the quick icon remote screen. It only happens when swiping back. So if you are in the movies category and you slowly swipe the screen - as long as the remote is panned over more than 50% and you let go it will navigate back to movies. Panning to the right pane in a similar fashion is not possible. Only the swipe back exhibits this unintended behavior.

Interestingly, if you are on the settings view you will experience the same bug. A slow pan of 50% or more will navigate back to the remote.

This does not occur in the normal remote control from either the remote or the settings pane. There a flick is required to navigate to the different panes.
@amasephy

Yes, I can observe the same. The flick-only behaviour is what the App's code (the already mentioned InitialSlidingViewController) does. The other sliding seems to be done by iOS itself. You can see the difference also in the screen under the one you are moving. The App's implementation does not move the underlying screen, the iOS implementation is also slowly moving the underlying screen while moving the screen above. The App's implementation is used when there is a part of the upper screen still shown on the very left or right side after swipe (e.g. after swiping from movies menu back to main menu). 
For now I am not planning to touch this. This is again changing the innards and expected to cause a lot of side effects. After all the latest massive changes I now would like to avoid further bigger rework and look more into fixing the leftover issues before the next release.
Could not keep my fingers off the sliding topic. I found a minimally invasive way to change the App's sliding implementation. It now checks both the velocity and if the view was moved more than 50% of the screen width. I made the velocity check also a lot less sensitive, more like the iOS behaviour. So, now it is possible to flick the screen left/right or to slowly move it over 50%. I will provide a PR, this can be tested in a TF build.
@Buschel

Thank you for your dedication. I know the drive to fix code when a bug is discovered. We are lucky to have someone like you at the helm of this app. 🙂
It's weekend again! Time for the next build Smile

1.8.2 Build 2894
Release Notes

This version adds the improved pan/slide behaviour as discussed earlier (sliding when moved more than 50% or when flicked), fixes the wrong thumb images in wall views and corrects some issues around the Kodi settings menu. What needs testing is the "Local Network Privacy Alert". It now should not only be triggered once after using "Find Kodi", but also once after trying to connect any server from the list. This is important for users migrating from iOS before 14 to any iOS 14 or higher. It can be tested via fully removing, and freshly installing the App before connecting to a manually added server.

As written before we are close to the next release 1.9. Please report any showstopper issues you should observe. Thanks for your support!
@Buschel

Thanks for the new beta.

A quick observation I noted with the gestures.

The new 50% gestures work good but are broken in a certain scenario. Whenever there is a partially revealed pane - tapping on movies and then swiping back to the left pane puts the app in a state where the movies pane shows a little on the right side or if you are on the settings pane you can see the remote a little- in a partially revealed pane setting the 50% gesture is not working correctly. Any bit of a swipe no matter how slow or how little will trigger a pane swipe.

Was this intentional?

Once this is fixed if it was unintended, then the only remaining gesture bug I see as previously discussed is when using the gesture zone remote from the quick icon remote screen where you are able to swipe panes back to the left pane even over the gesture zone. I believe you said fixing that was on hold for now.

Other than that everything seems to be fine. Will keep an eye out though. 🙂
Thanks for the quick feedback. What you describe is the intended behavior of the App's own sliding controller. Once you touched the partially revealed pane it will slide. I agree, this is not really expected when moving the pane only a bit and then release it. Maybe I can look at this. But as this is the same since ages (at least since 1.6), I am not concerned about it.
@amasephy, I figured out how to handle the "anchor" (= partially visible screen) the same way as the normal full screens. It definitely feels just right now. 

Also I could verify with a quick test that the "Local Network Privacy Alert" is triggered as expected. I removed the App completely, reinstalled and manually created a new server. When attempting to connect to it for the very first time the alert pops up. After confirming the access the App connects to the server. This should help users who migrate the iOS version. It is just required to disconnect / connect any of the servers or to use "Find Kodi" once.
Found (and fixed) a showstopper: The App crashed when showing Artist Details which support the key "activeyears".
1.8.2 Build 2905
Release Notes

We are close to the next release now. Fixes the observed showstopper (crash in artist detail view), adds English US translation and further improves the sliding/gestures (also the partially visible "anchor" is now handled as expected).

@amasephy, would be good, if you could check the English US (only "Favorites" is different for now) and the slide/pan behaviour.
@Buschel

Both items look good on my end!
(2021-11-28, 23:28)amasephy Wrote: Both items look good on my end!
Great, this is what I hoped to read. Smile
Here we go, now with 1.9 version number.

1.9 build 2914
Release Notes

Fixes some German translation errors and a small glitch with default thumb backgrounds of TV channels, Radio channels and timers in wall view. Please report any showstopper issue you should observe. We are close to releasing the new version.
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0