• 36(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
@Buschel

I did some more testing and everything I use still looks good.

Edit 2: I’m noticing XBMC in numerous spots in the app now.

The “Supported XBMC version is Eden” banner.

The settings pane also says XBMC Settings.

I’m guessing one variable sets this for all these locations.

On the modify server screen it says “Modify XBMC Server” at the top.

Edit: What the heck, something got reverted. The pane I had you fix the first typo (an changed to a) a couple weeks back “Select an Kodi Server” has been reverted way way back to “Select an XBMC Server”.

See below for original post as there is another affected area. This must have been reverted too as I know I would have spotted it before.

I did find another text artifact bug. I’m surprised I didn’t notice it before as I know I’ve stared right at it.

Steps to find:

Connect to Kodi server.
Tap the top item of the left pane.
Tap on the Kodi server you are connected to.
Swipe to reveal the right pane.
You should see the power down, hibernate etc.
Further down you’ll see “Quit XBMC”. This needs to be updated to “Quit Kodi”.

One thing I have been meaning to ask and am now experiencing something strange with is what does the yellow circle mean next to the Kodi version flag on the top of the left pane. I figure red is disconnected, green is connected but occasionally I’ll get a yellow one.

Of note in this instance it shows up as a green circle on the left pa e but if I swipe over to the right “settings pane” it shows as a yellow circle which is unusual that they don’t match.

I’m sure the code will explain at least what the mysterious status is. As for why it’s not matching that will probably be more difficult to figure out. Finally, as for how it even triggers a yellow status, I haven’t a clue what I’ve done to trigger it. 🙂
Thanks for pointing out the translation issues. You are using the US English setting, right? I think I know what went wrong, and this must be fixed. Will do this in the next minutes.

On the the red/yellow/green:
Red = not connected
Yellow = connected, but no TCP to server
Green = connected, with TCP to server
Quote:Of note in this instance it shows up as a green circle on the left pa e but if I swipe over to the right “settings pane” it shows as a yellow circle which is unusual that they don’t match.
Let me look into this. I am not recognizing this a showstopper though.
1.9 build 2918
Release Notes

Fixes malfunction of repeat/shuffle in NowPlaying overlay on iPad's, and updates the strings for English US.
I've also sent this version to AppStore review
@Buschel

Yes, US EN. I’m guessing there’s a way to change it in iOS but I’ve never done so.

Thanks for the quick fix on this.

In regards to the no tcp connection issue - after I wrote this post I checked the app again and it matched in both places as green. Certainly not a showstopper.

I wonder if when the app gets in this state that iOS decides it’s time to force close the app? On rare occasions I’ll be using the app and then put my phone in standby then go to use it and find I have to relaunch the app again. It’s only happened a few times but I’m surprised iOS would be so aggressive at closing an app. I do know it does everything it can to keep memory free.
(2021-12-02, 14:25)amasephy Wrote: I wonder if when the app gets in this state that iOS decides it’s time to force close the app? On rare occasions I’ll be using the app and then put my phone in standby then go to use it and find I have to relaunch the app again. It’s only happened a few times but I’m surprised iOS would be so aggressive at closing an app. I do know it does everything it can to keep memory free.
This could also be a crash. You can either allow to report this or try to reproduce it.
if it was a crash, it would appear in Settings - Privacy - Analytics - Analytics data - should start with "Kodi Remote"
It looks like the analytics log only goes back about half a month and this app may not have crashed (if it was a crash) during that time. Now that I know how to access crash logs next time I see it happen I’ll go right to the analytics and check for a report.

As for making it reproducible I think it will be nearly impossible. I might pause my content, do something and come back a few minutes later and find I have to relaunch the app. It’s very rare that this happens.

I do see some “events” if that’s the appropriate term in there for Kodi remote but they start with “log-sessions-….” Could these provide a clue? I can paste the contents of them. Some appear to be when the app was updated although it does show my usage durations on a few. Let me know.

Ironically the Microsoft Xbox remote app, created by a billion (trillion?) dollar company, crashes all the time and is a real nuisance. In fact it doesn’t even work with Kodi as controller input!

This fact should be a badge of honor for the official Kodi app that has no real issues. 🙂
(2021-12-03, 06:06)amasephy Wrote: I do see some “events” if that’s the appropriate term in there for Kodi remote but they start with “log-sessions-….” Could these provide a clue?

no, that's just some general analytics data, nothing useful
App Version 1.9 just became online on AppStore. Smile
@Buschel

With 1.9, is this a new beta? I don’t see an update for this app in the App Store. I do see a new beta that addresses the US EN bug I mentioned though.
(2021-12-03, 23:19)amasephy Wrote: With 1.9, is this a new beta? I don’t see an update for this app in the App Store. I do see a new beta that addresses the US EN bug I mentioned though.
No, the last TF beta version was now officially released via AppStore. I was installing it from there earlier today.
@Buschel

Looks like you can’t have test flight version and general releases at the same time. Since I didn’t have the App Store version I didn’t see the update.

Thanks for the excellent release notes on the store. Most apps just put “Bug fixes and stability improvements.” Also, good idea to have included the notes on how to move the buttons from in the app settings. 😉

Looking forward to hearing future plans where you would like to take the app for 2.0.
(2021-12-04, 00:26)amasephy Wrote: Looking forward to hearing future plans where you would like to take the app for 2.0.
Maybe it will just be a 1.10 Smile

As next steps I will work on some of the issues already created in GitHub (click me). Some are related to features or improvements (e.g. search in wall view, or showing channel numbers in the channel lists), some are related to internal rework (e.g. cleanup of unused code). And of course I will take care of any problem reported with version 1.9.
@Buschel

I’m wondering if it is possible to integrate Siri with this app. I’m thinking something along the lines of asking Siri to tell Kodi to play a specific movie or tv episode for example?
  • 36(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0