• 37(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
If Siri is matching similar sounding results to a list which can be shared by the App, this could be something interesting. I never looked into Siri (yet), so don't expect this to happen any soon. But thanks for the suggestion.

What I am currently working on is a global search function. I was always missing this and now have a working -- but badly coded and still not 100% ready-- solution. The search will load a list of all movies, TV shows, music videos, artists, albums and songs from Kodi server and you can apply a search to it. You can apply the known select/longpress actions on the results list. It is also possible to add more items to search for (e.g. channels, recordings, add-ons). First impressions can be found in GitHub issue#418.
@Buschel, good idea. Smile

This also reminds me about a minor glitch with searching observed earlier (example):
When I search e.g. thru all songs in the music view and then (after selecting the song and adding it to the play queue), reselect the album view from the bottom option icons, this will lock the results list instead of closing it and switching back to the album view.
Maybe you can solve this minor topic while finishing the global search feature?

Thanks
Ulf
@UlfSchmidt, I tried to reproduce this without success. Can you please let me know what you do different?

The steps I took:
- Go to Music
- Select "..."
- Select "All songs"
- Open "Search" and enter a character
- Longpress or select a song item
- Choose either "Queue" or "Play"
-> No bottom toolbar visible in this case. I cannot select the album view from here.
Maybe once again only on iPad?
This looks different on my simulator, the toolbar at the bottom is hidden while the search is active. I checked this with iPad 5th Generation (iOS 14.5 and iOS 11.4) and iPad Air 4th Generation (iOS 14.5). Can you help with which version of the App you are running on which type of device under which OS version?
App Version 1.9 (2918)
iPad Air (3. Generation) running iOS 15.1

Using the search bar never hides the toolbar in the bottom in my environment and never did…
Got it now. This happens, if you use an external keyboard, right?
Sorry Sad
Wrong!
I'm using the touch keyboard. Strange that you environment does not show this behavior.
Isn't your touch keyboard this accessory keyboard which comes along with the iPad? This is what I meant with "external keyboard" (comparing it to the on-screen keyboard).
No, sorry again, maybe I used the wrong wording. I’m touching my screen. No external accessories in use, just a plain iPad Air 3 with iOS 15.1
Hmm, ok. Last try -- and this is what I can fix quite easily -- is: You do not press "Enter" after entering your search, but you hide the keyboard? I always use "Enter", and this also triggered to hide the toolbar. When simply hiding the keyboard this is not done. Wink
Thumbs Up 
Ja. Yes. Oui. C’est ça. Smile You are right. I never finish my searches with "return", but simply by hiding the keyboard…
Great. Thanks for bringing this up and confirming. Consider this fixed. Smile
Thanks for taking care! Eagerly awaiting your next update (not for this particular issue but for the global search feature).
Thanks to all TestFlight testers! You helped to make the version 1.9 as good at it is. After being a few weeks out, it still shows no bigger problems. So we can start focusing on the next release 1.10. The first build is now available on TestFlight.

1.10 build 2939
Release Notes

This build contains some invisible internal maintenance and a set of small improvements (e.g. channel numbers for TV/Radio channel lists, reduced look for main menu) and bugfixes (e.g. hiding the toolbar while using search to avoid UI misbehaviour).

What's next? 
  • Introduce a Server Info screen to show server system information like core/memory/storage usage, CPU/GPU/HDD temperature and OS/Kodi versions (GitHub #514).
  • Support search in grid/wall view. Finally I found time and a good solution to implement this (GitHub #519).
  • More work is need for the Global Search feature which I mentioned earlier (GitHub #526).
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0