• 44(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
1.10 build 3098
Release Notes

This build brings few bugfixes and a feature improvement.
@Buschel

Both fixes look good here. Thanks!

I was playing with the movie view today and noticed something a little strange. When you go into Movies and then tap on a movie the “<Movies” and play symbol change to what looks like a light brown. AFAIK this is the only time in the app buttons turn brown. Is this color intentional?

Also I see there is a down arrow in the lower right corner which drops you to the bottom of the movie details. It looks like there isn’t a companion up arrow waiting for you at the bottom. Would be convenient if something like this could be added. It might also be nice if you could tap and hold on the scroll bar to the right to quickly slide up and down. As it stands it requires several flicks to navigate up or down.
As soon as you select a movie (or TV show, or album, ...) the average color of the cover / thumbnail is used to colorize the navigation buttons and bars. It is intended to do this.

The "down" arrow is a kind of specialty to move to the bottom of the page. And you're right, there is no "up" arrow or other way to scroll back up with 1 click. Maybe this is not too hard to add. I will take a look a this as a small improvement.
@Buschel

Thanks for confirming. I had considered the color was sampled from the artwork.

I believe I found a a bug that would be far more noticeable than the obscure ones I’ve found recently.

Go to movies and make sure you are in list view. Now scroll down over the alphabet on the right side. You should get haptic feedback, the only place in the entire app this exists.

Now enable grid view. Haptic feedback no longer occurs.
(2022-01-20, 22:30)Buschel Wrote: The "down" arrow is a kind of specialty to move to the bottom of the page. And you're right, there is no "up" arrow or other way to scroll back up with 1 click. Maybe this is not too hard to add. I will take a look a this as a small improvement.
I never understood why there is a "down" button in the App, but like @amasephy I also always missed the "up" button at the very bottom. But also never considered to ask for such minor change Smile

What I would like to see is a way to quickly bring up the remote control from wherever I am in the App as an overlay, which I can then simply close afterwards when I’m done with it. So that I do not have to navigate back to e.g. my previous music album full screen grid view at position S after using the remote. In summary, maybe a small button in the lower button area on the iPad (close to the already existing doubled playback controls), that extends these to the full remote. And the remote obviously with an additional Close option, too. Maybe you can add something like this to the future features list? (I really hope I made myself clear and you understand what I am missing Wink )
(2022-01-21, 03:26)amasephy Wrote: You should get haptic feedback, the only place in the entire app this exists. Now enable grid view. Haptic feedback no longer occurs.
I wasn't even aware this feature exists.
(2022-01-21, 07:50)UlfSchmidt Wrote: Maybe you can add something like this to the future features list? (I really hope I made myself clear and you understand what I am missing Wink )
Yes, I can. And: Yes, I understood.

You will not be surprised when I state that on iPhone this is already working like you would expect But the panel logic is different ...
(2022-01-21, 08:56)Buschel Wrote: You will not be surprised when I state that on iPhone this is already working like you would expect But the panel logic is different ...

ROFLCOPTERS!
(2022-01-21, 13:19)UlfSchmidt Wrote: ROFLCOPTERS!
Smile
First impression: https://abload.de/img/simulatorscreenshot-iy8ku5.png
The remote can be switched on and off (still via the main menu entry) w/o impacting the database browsing. The selection to place the remote at top or bottom is ignored right now. Not sure, if this really makes sense for such implementation anymore.
@Buschel Smile
A good start, but how to reach the remote when browsing the library in full screen?
(2022-01-22, 01:19)UlfSchmidt Wrote: A good start, but how to reach the remote when browsing the library in full screen?
That's why it is a first impression. I was not checking for removing the remote from main menu and moving it to the toolbar. I hope this will be less complicated ...

Another gimmick you and @amasephy asked for: https://abload.de/img/simulatorscreenshot-iqkjny.png
Thank you @Buschel

I admit I have asked a lot the past few days. I plan to take a break from heavy testing. For now I will just test just the things mentioned within the new betas as you ask for. 🙂
@Buschel
What a fantastic progress. Compare this with the App status some months ago! A huge thumbs up! and a big thank you.
UlfSchmidt Wrote:A good start, but how to reach the remote when browsing the library in full screen?

Like this: https://abload.de/img/simulatorscreenshot-iofkk4.png Smile

I see a problem with this implementation though. When you want to change the volume via the usual buttons at the bottom this does not behave well. Using the volume buttons will dismiss the remote. So you cannot really combine volume and remote control. So, either I add the volume control to the remote overlay, which would be like on iPhone then but introduces another -- for iPad users new and additional -- position, or I do not use the overlay in modal view.

The additional volume bar would look like this: https://abload.de/img/simulatorscreenshot-ic2kvy.png
I would not mind if touching anything out of the remote control would close it, including obviously the volume buttons.
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0