• 49(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
This looks like a JSON decoding error (see also issue#164). A user was figuring out for his case that it was related to recordings with long "plot" fields.
(2022-02-10, 20:31)Buschel Wrote: This looks like a JSON decoding error (see also issue#164). A user was figuring out for his case that it was related to recordings with long "plot" fields.
Unlikely, since none of my current recordings has a long description.
I will try to delete my recordings one after the other and report back.
Was a recording of German TV show "extra 3", with a very simple "plot"?! But now, after deleting it, the error is gone…
Can you restore this? If so, this could be maybe adressed to the PVR add-on maintainer. I would expect there are tracing options which might help identifying the underlying problem.
(2022-02-10, 22:41)Buschel Wrote: Can you restore this? If so, this could be maybe adressed to the PVR add-on maintainer. I would expect there are tracing options which might help identifying the underlying problem.
Unfortunately not. In the end I used this "rare opportunity" to clean up and reset my whole recording archive.
@Buschel

Maybe I missed it but did you implement some fixes that weren’t mentioned in the release notes?

I’ve noticed that the main menu gets properly selected upon launching the app.

It also seems like the relaunching of default remote even if the remote is the current pane is fixed.

There’s probably other little things that I have not noticed as well but those two would be some pretty killer fixes if I’m not deceiving myself. 🙂
Oh, yes. I missed to mention this. But it seemed to be a positive surprise then. Smile
Thank you. Much appreciated. I know you said it would be tricky to cleanly implement that fix.
1.10 build 3228
Release Notes

This build provides several bugfixes, a new cache refresh policy and several coding style changes for improved maintainability. The new cache refresh policy will force a cache update for each new App version. This ensures the cache is consistent with the App's expected data format. Also worth mentioning are several fixes for issues and even lockups with old iOS versions on iPad. For more details and screenshots please follow the links in the release notes.

What's next:
- Further maintenance / migration work (block-based animation, file persistence)
- Fix of animation from NowPlaying to playlist
- Automatic Wake-On-LAN on connection attempt
(2022-02-21, 21:02)Buschel Wrote: What's next:
- Further maintenance / migration work (block-based animation, file persistence)
- Fix of animation from NowPlaying to playlist
- Automatic Wake-On-LAN on connection attempt

I think we should make new release after that
(2022-02-21, 22:48)kambala Wrote: I think we should make new release after that
Yes, I fully agree. Let us add the last open changes and then observe the TF feedback for about a week to react on any showstopper or issue popping up before we release. I can prepare the new screenshots as well.
I have not had much time to use Kodi lately but I did briefly use the new version today.

I tapped on the different categories to trigger the cache refresh. I noticed the longer than usual (1-2 second?) list population which I assume was the cache refresh.

I did not see a message about the cache refreshing though like you would normally see if you manually trigger a refresh. Probably not an issue at all. Figured I would mention it though.

Will report back if I notice anything with any of the changes though. Looks like most fixes are related to legacy iOS versions. I suspect you’ve buttoned up this release pretty good at this point. 🙂
Thanks for taking a look at the latest version. And, yes, there is no -- and to my knowledge never was --  a notification for a non-manual triggered refresh of the cache. This already happened when a new Kodi version version was installed or the server itself changed (IP, port, server name).

Even though the current TF build obviously works quite I well, I am sure there will be a last--minute showstopper identified. Smile
So I don’t think this is neessarily an issue exclusive to the masters beamta but I’m really noticing it more now.

When in grid view on movies I find it very difficult to scroll on the index bar. It chugs or just doesn’t scroll at all. I used to notice this after a cache refresh until I slowly scrolled through the list without using the index bar so all of the poster arts would properly cache.

Now even after doing that I’m finding it to be extremely fussy about scrolling.

Note that this is not an issue when using the list view (my apologies I forget what you said it’s proper name was). Even without slowly scrolling through the list after a cache refresh it just works.

I can hardly imagine poster arts would be that much more intense for the app or our devices to handle.
(2022-02-25, 01:53)amasephy Wrote: When in grid view on movies I find it very difficult to scroll on the index bar. It chugs or just doesn’t scroll at all. I used to notice this after a cache refresh until I slowly scrolled through the list without using the index bar so all of the poster arts would properly cache.
Is it only happening when new images are loaded while scrolling? Or also when the images are already present? Is this the same when switching off "rounded corners" (app settings)?
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0