• 50(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
@Buschel

It happens even when the images are loaded as far as I can tell.

This is different from the rounded corner issue. That was choppy scrolling.

This is more like a giant hiccup.

Here’s a demonstration of it.

https://youtube.com/shorts/TuYd8ADDIqw?feature=share
1.10 build 3255
Release Notes

This build is the first release candidate for the upcoming 1.10 App version. The only feature added is the option to send Wake-On-LAN automatically when attempting to connect to a server, the option is off by default and can be changed in the app settings. In addition, there were some improvements in the translations and consistency of texts -- e.g. using Wake-On-LAN everywhere (the release notes still refer to "Wake On LAN" which is wrong) --, the structure of the app settings and the layout of the main menu. Other changes were of internal nature: migrating use of deprecated functions to current ones. A few minor animation bugs were fixed along with this.

Please give this a final look and test in the next days before we release this version.

What's next:
- Release Notes for 1.10 (see PR#614)
- After 1.10 release: more internal rework

Edit: First issues found which were not reported yet.
1. Top bar shows main menu name, but not sub menu name (e.g. always "Music" instead of "Albums"). This is nasty as it came in weeks back with a complicated fix for another issue... 1.10-b4.
2. Enter NowPlaying from a menu like "Albums", then enter playlist view. Now swipe to the right and let it snap back. This results in an empty nowPlaying screen (no cover, no album/song/artist name, no progressbar). Fresh regression with 1.10-b8.
Tap on Now Playing, then any other menu item. It will come up immediately. Repeat the same sequence and it won’t show up. Repeat it again and it works as described first. And so forth… What the heck is going on here? Sad
One of the things changed in this release is “ Main menu without capital letters to align with Kodi Ul”

I see what changed, it’s not all uppercase anymore and changed to title case.

What I see that definitely changed from prior releases is that “Now playing” text is changed from having the word “playing” capitalized to lower case. Was this intentional? The rest of the menu items with two words are all capitalized.

1. Top bar menu name -> broken since 1.10-b4. Fixed.
  2. Empty NowPlaying after swipe and snap back -> Fixed.
  3. Low resolution of album cover in NowPlayer -> Was a cache problem on my simulator, no issue.
  4. Menu A > NowPlaying > Menu A (needs two presses to show) -> Is broken since 1.8 (where NowPlaying was introduced to main menu). Fixed.
  5. "Now playing" -> Fixed.
Bonsoir @Buschel

I fear without any additional explanation I don’t get how the automatic wake-on-lan is intended to work. What I did (on my iPad):
  1. Enabled it in Settings
  2. Started the App
  3. Selected my bedroom Kodi server from the server list
Nothing happened automatically, I still had to use the manual wake-on-lan switch from the Power menu.
This is how it should work. I couldn't check WOL on my setup, but only that the function itself is called. Now I found a typo, which results in using another port (0 instead of 9). I guess this is causing the issue. Sorry for this, but that's why we have TestFlight. Wink
(2022-03-14, 23:39)Buschel Wrote: This is how it should work. I couldn't check WOL on my setup, but only that the function itself is called. Now I found a typo, which results in using another port (0 instead of 9). I guess this is causing the issue. Sorry for this, but that's why we have TestFlight. Wink

Exactly. Waiting for your next update to start my next test flight Smile
This might be a big bug.

The “more” button on the right settings pane. When you tap it and open it none of the list items are visible. The top title text gives you the count but you can’t do anything at all in the “more” settings.
(2022-03-15, 03:26)amasephy Wrote: This might be a big bug.
Oh, yes. This was a nasty one. Thanks for pointing this out. In fact, this regression came in while refactoring the code as part of the review process. As far as I can see there is only one such exception where a vertical animation is used to slide in a table. The animation was just not done anymore and the table got stuck outside of the screen.

Edit: Fixed.
Next bug on iPad (since the modal remote was introduced a few weeks back). Play a title and show NowPlaying. Then enter remote from the bottom toolbar (issue does not happen when starting the remote from the main menu) and select the settings. Problem: The progress bar is not hidden.

Edit: Fixed.
1.10 build 3277
Release Notes

This build has all the fixes for the issues reported with the last one, and one more which was reported by @amasephy before (playlist lost after swipe and snap back). In addition a lot of languages updates came in.

Thanks for the latest issue reports! Please take a critical look at this version as we're getting near the next release.
Very impressive work, as always, dear @Buschel

One remark concerning the new auto WOL option:
In order to avoid accidentally turning your Kodi system on, it would be imho better to send the automatic WOL only after an explicit selection of a Kodi server from the list. The current implementation only makes sense if there is only one single server defined.
Thanks for the flowers Smile

On WOL: In such case you could also switch auto-WOL off and simply use manual-WOL. This is only one or two clicks away. But let's see what others feel.
Thanks for the quick beta turn around Buschel,

This is probably a pipe dream but any chance WOL could be made to support Xbox? Right now I use an Echo and ask Alexa to start up my Xbox and Kodi so not the end of the world either way.
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0