• 51(current)
Beta Testflight access to beta version
I had a quite similar dream Smile but in my dream I was able to start Kodi on Nvidia Shield directly from the Kodi Remote App…
The current WOL implementation obviously only helps for embedded systems like LibreElec. Anything else might be too proprietary?
Wake-On-LAN will only switch on the device itself (and it seems Nvidia Shield does not support this at all). If a device can be started via WOL, you need to configure Kodi to start automatically on this device. Only after Kodi server started, the App can connect to it. There is no (current or planned) way the App will be able to start an application on another device. It can just trigger WOL and wait for Kodi API to show up.
Interesting. I looked up Xbox support for WOL and it does actually have an implementation. I’m assuming in theory based on your statement that while it would be technically possible to wake up Xbox with the remote there is no current way to start up Kodi once the Xbox is resumed. Too bad.

I assume WOL would work fine for Windows PC’s right? I could test this on my NUC and see if it works there.
to launch an app via network you need some special app/service/daemon running that would handle the launch request, there's nothing like that out of the box on any OS afaik. Adding some post-WOL user-configurable network request is possible, of course.

I think all major OSs support WOL. Or is it even a task for bios/uefi?
So Xbox finally got Kodi 19.4 and now the pause menu is broken entirely. Using either Xbox controller or app to pause dismisses the pause menu right away.

Is this the new experience we are supposed to have? I thought the fix was going to make it stay visible while paused like previous versions?
(2022-03-18, 17:50)amasephy Wrote: So Xbox finally got Kodi 19.4 and now the pause menu is broken entirely. Using either Xbox controller or app to pause dismisses the pause menu right away.

Can you raise this also in the thread where this topic was initially taken up and reported resolved (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=366362)?
I will do that. I am curious though. When you pause a video does the pause timeline stay visible until you unpause?
(2022-03-18, 18:37)amasephy Wrote: I will do that. I am curious though. When you pause a video does the pause timeline stay visible until you unpause?
On my test system (Kodi 19.4 on Linux) there is a progress bar shown on top of the screen for a few seconds when pausing (either via the App, or via pressing Space hardly on the PC keyboard).
Looks like they changed the behavior of it everywhere then. I guess I’ll see what they have to say in the other thread.

Thanks for letting me know your experience.
Buschel -

I tested your other fixes, they all look good to me.
(2022-03-18, 22:23)amasephy Wrote: I tested your other fixes, they all look good to me.
Thanks, appreciate the time you took and of course good news. I found another bug which I think will be fixed for the next release as well. Other than that I think the current state is pretty good to go.
Extremely minor bug found.

When you tap the “more” button on the right side settings pane and go back, you will find that the “more” and “edit” buttons have shifted. The “edit” more is easily noticeable as it becomes flush with the screen edge.

The only way to restore the original position is to have a custom button added and hit the “edit” button, or simply restart the app.

As I said, really minor. 🙂

As a side note dragging left on custom added buttons reveals a delete button as is typical in iOS apps. What this does that is special is if you keep dragging all the way to the left the red delete banner keeps growing and will perform the delete all in one gesture. Very nice touch!

Edit: Another bug related to setting custom buttons. You can’t add actions while in search mode.

Reproduce-

-Tap more.
-Tap the ellipses. (More 2)
-Tap Activate a specific window.
-Search for a setting (any setting) such as “fullscreeninfo”.

Now try to tap on it to add it. You can’t. In fact, any time the search bar is activated, and even if you tap any list item beneath it without even entering any characters in the search box you can’t do anything at all and the bottom row of actions is not visible.

Tap cancel.

Now scroll to the action you try to add.

Tap on the action.

You can now add it.
(2022-03-19, 03:44)amasephy Wrote: When you tap the “more” button on the right side settings pane and go back, you will find that the “more” and “edit” buttons have shifted. The “edit” more is easily noticeable as it becomes flush with the screen edge.
You have eagle eyes. I confirm this and can state this is (at least) broken since 1.6.0. I am not giving this too much of a priority for now. Smile
(2022-03-19, 03:44)amasephy Wrote: Edit: Another bug related to setting custom buttons. You can’t add actions while in search mode.
Conformed as well. This is far worse and happening since 1.6.2 (so for more than a year). I will look into, but am a bit hesitant to change this for 1.10. I don't want to mess up the release with late minute changes. Let me see what the fix would look like.
Sounds like pushing this to the next version is the best way forward.  It really a relatively minor issue, you can still add custom buttons. 

I'll refrain from looking at things unrelated to your 1.10 changes until work on 1.11 (or whatever you decide to call it!) commences.  Smile
(2022-03-19, 15:38)amasephy Wrote: I'll refrain from looking at things unrelated to your 1.10 changes until work on 1.11 (or whatever you decide to call it!) commences.
Please continue sharing your observations. I can then decide what to do with it. The issue related to the custom button I could already fix, but it is imho too risky to do this now as it touches common code used all around the place.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testflight access to beta version0